MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would or will? Let's see what happens.. I'll take the experience and the best player in baseball, but let's just let the teams do the talking

So you're on the Brewers side? They have the best player in baseball. He plays left field.

13 runs!! way to make your mark!!! everybody is hitting, punto, schmaker, craig.. im getting excited!!!

So you're on the Brewers side? They have the best player in baseball. He plays left field.

braun?? haha hhow may mvp's he have? how many seasons batting over .300, 30 hr, and 100 rbi he have? lmao kemp gona win mvp this year... keep dreaming, and ur first baseman is leaving because he knows how bad brew hhaha sucks

I guess I disagree. Bartman didn't make a mistake. Again, he was a fan being a fan. 0 fault to Bartman. 100% fault to that entire Cubs team for choking on themselves.

Even Bartman admitted a mistake. Clear enough for me! And, no, his mistake does not absolve the cubbies for their night of mistakes.

Even Bartman admitted a mistake. Clear enough for me! And, no, his mistake does not absolve the cubbies for their night of mistakes.

Of course he admitted a mistake. Don't forget, he's a Cubs fan just like you, and I'm sure he's 10000000x more devastated at what he did than you are. Just because he admitted that he thought it was a mistake doean't mean it was. Every fan ever would've done what he did regardless of situation. No mistake.

Oh, and I'm sure he also admityed it because he was sick of the death threats, etc that came/still come daily to his mailbox. I'm sure admitting it helped that problem at least a little.

braun?? haha hhow may mvp's he have? how many seasons batting over .300, 30 hr, and 100 rbi he have? lmao kemp gona win mvp this year... keep dreaming, and ur first baseman is leaving because he knows how bad brew hhaha sucks

Historically, Pujols is a better player than Braun. But this year Braun is a better player than Pujols. True story. You realize that Braun has more 111 RBIs compared to Alberta's 98. Plus, Braun is batting 35 points higher.

Prince is leaving to get more money from a bigger market American League team. Who will probably not be a contender.

The biggest knock against Kemp is that he has put up those numbers on a team that is 12.5 back. Much different that putting up big numbers on a team that's winning a division.

Yeah, don't blame a guy in the stands for the Cubs screwing up. Again, Bartman didn't cause the Cubs to choke. The Cubs caused themselves to choke. It is still mind boggling how many chances the Cubs had to put Florida away, but just couldn't do it.

Of course he admitted a mistake. Don't forget, he's a Cubs fan just like you, and I'm sure he's 10000000x more devastated at what he did than you are. Just because he admitted that he thought it was a mistake doean't mean it was. Every fan ever would've done what he did regardless of situation. No mistake.

Oh, and I'm sure he also admityed it because he was sick of the death threats, etc that came/still come daily to his mailbox. I'm sure admitting it helped that problem at least a little.

Perhaps, but I prefer to believe the man himself rather than just anecdote alone. But hey, whatever, he was not the root cause of the loss of the series.

Yeah, don't blame a guy in the stands for the Cubs screwing up. Again, Bartman didn't cause the Cubs to choke. The Cubs caused themselves to choke. It is still mind boggling how many chances the Cubs had to put Florida away, but just couldn't do it.

Again, who is blaming Bartman again?

Too many Cubs fans.
Fair enough. Not this cub fan though. While at first, I was angry at him, I was more angry with the cubbies. Clearly, the cubbies are to blame for the loss in the series.

Fair enough. Not this cub fan though. While at first, I was angry at him, I was more angry with the cubbies. Clearly, the cubbies are to blame for the loss in the series.

Yeah don't worry, you aren't alone. I'm a Mets fan so I know the feeling of an organization gone down. Waaaaaay down.

Yeah don't worry, you aren't alone. I'm a Mets fan so I know the feeling of an organization gone down. Waaaaaay down.

Haha. It is bad enough that my season ended around all-star break (like most years). It will be worst if i have to watch our 2 biggest rivals in the NLC also make the playoffs.

Historically, Pujols is a better player than Braun. But this year Braun is a better player than Pujols. True story. You realize that Braun has more 111 RBIs compared to Alberta's 98. Plus, Braun is batting 35 points higher.

Prince is leaving to get more money from a bigger market American League team. Who will probably not be a contender.

The biggest knock against Kemp is that he has put up those numbers on a team that is 12.5 back. Much different that putting up big numbers on a team that's winning a division.

Matt Kemp is the best player in the NL league this year. Pujols is the most consistent player in the last decade and probably much longer. He is 2 RBIS away from 11 straight seasons of .300 30 and 100. This is the Hank Aaron or Babe Ruth of my generation. He will go down as one of the top 5 greatest players to ever play the game and the same wont be said of Ryan Braun I can tell you that much.

Matt Kemp is the best player in the NL league this year. Pujols is the most consistent player in the last decade and probably much longer. He is 2 RBIS away from 11 straight seasons of .300 30 and 100. This is the Hank Aaron or Babe Ruth of my generation. He will go down as one of the top 5 greatest players to ever play the game and the same wont be said of Ryan Braun I can tell you that much.

Agree 100% on Pujols. He will finish his career being talked about in the same breath with the greatest first basemen and the greatest players at any position the game has ever seen. Period. Whether he drives in 120 runs or only 85 this year is meaningless long term. If Matt Kemp can continue to produce he has a chance of being a great player, but longevity and consistency are still to be determined.

Putting up big numbers on a bad team is much harder to do than on a good team where you are surrounded by other guys who can also produce and they can't pitch around you. That argument just doesn't hold up.

You can tell the future?

Putting up big numbers on a bad team is much harder to do than on a good team where you are surrounded by other guys who can also produce and they can't pitch around you. That argument just doesn't hold up.

Putting up big numbers is hard to do on any team. Sure Braun has benefited from Prince being behind him, but Ryan still has to put the bat on the ball. I would not be surprised to see Kemp win the NL MVP. But I just think that Braun or Fielder have had more important seasons, to their teams.

If the Red Sawx lose the WC spot to the Rays, that's just Karma collecting on the loan she made to them in 2004 after they came back from a 3-0 hole against the Yanks in 2004

You can tell the future?

Putting up big numbers is hard to do on any team. Sure Braun has benefited from Prince being behind him, but Ryan still has to put the bat on the ball. I would not be surprised to see Kemp win the NL MVP. But I just think that Braun or Fielder have had more important seasons, to their teams.

It isn't the most important player award it is the most valuable player, without Kemp how many more games do they lose in LA? I don't buy the MVP award has to go only to a player on a winning team, if that mattered then they should wait and vote after the WS.

Blu,

I have to agree with you (shocking I know :) )

Ryan Braun should be the MVP followed by fielder and Pujols. Kemp was the best player but wasn't as valuable to his team as these three. I think Braun wins by a pretty good margin

If the Red Sawx lose the WC spot to the Rays, that's just Karma collecting on the loan she made to them in 2004 after they came back from a 3-0 hole against the Yanks in 2004

I don't want to say that I am routing for that to happen, but I am routing for that to happen haha
Blowing a 9.5 game lead in September is brutal

It isn't the most important player award it is the most valuable player, without Kemp how many more games do they lose in LA? I don't buy the MVP award has to go only to a player on a winning team, if that mattered then they should wait and vote after the WS.

You just made my point. With Kemp, the Dodgers are team that's 12.5 back and never in contention. Without him, they would be just as bad or worse. Even with Kemp, they still are pretty bad.

Without Braun or Fielder, the Brewers don't win the Division. Without Pujols, the cards are not contending for the wildcard. If Kemp did win the Triple Crown, then I would most definately give him my vote (if I had one). But if he doesn't then he is just a guy who had great numbers on a bad team, which is a lot less impressive to me than a having great numbers on a good team.

I don't want to say that I am routing for that to happen, but I am routing for that to happen haha

Yes it is. Glad the Braves only blew an 8 game lead.......

Oh I am absolutely rooting for it.....Fox isn't though. lol

You just made my point. With Kemp, the Dodgers are team that's 12.5 back and never in contention. Without him, they would be just as bad or worse. Even with Kemp, they still are pretty bad.

Without Braun or Fielder, the Brewers don't win the Division. Without Pujols, the cards are not contending for the wildcard. If Kemp did win the Triple Crown, then I would most definately give him my vote (if I had one). But if he doesn't then he is just a guy who had great numbers on a bad team, which is a lot less impressive to me than a having great numbers on a good team.
Howard won the mvp a couple years ago without the phillies making the playoffs

tapatalk addict....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back