JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Anything on this stuff? My wife knows I'm a trooper and play in anything so she got me a set of these for our anniversary. The stuff feels absolutely amazing but I just wanted to hear some THP thoughts before I tear off the tags.

She said she almost bought the DryJoy Premiere set but the cost was astronomical and didn't feel very good.

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I like the Nike Storm Fit quite a bit. Lightweight, breathable (in areas) and still guards against wind and water. Its in my top 3 for Rain Gear and works quite well.

Lucky you!

I like the Nike Storm Fit quite a bit. Lightweight, breathable (in areas) and still guards against wind and water. Its in my top 3 for Rain Gear and works quite well.

Awesome thanks for the info JB it feels really good and doesn't impede my swing at all.

Lucky you!

Yah she felt bad after last weekend so she hooked me up! She knows I am too cheap to ever buy myself anything I want.

Take them tags off. It looks like you'll need them tomorrow :)

Congrats on the anniversary JRod!!

I've been rocking storm fit for a minute and love them. New an issue, happy anniversary, 6 years is good!!

Kongfrontation

Congrats on the anniversary and the new rain gear!

I'm a big fan of the storm gear stuff. I was stuck in a down pour the other day and my storm fit I keep in my bag was the only spot I stayed dry. I don't think it is too restricting or noisy either.

I'm a big fan of the storm gear stuff. I was stuck in a down pour the other day and my storm fit I keep in my bag was the only spot I stayed dry. I don't think it is too restricting or noisy either.

Yep and it says guranteed waterPROOF which is what I want. None of this "resistant" stuff.

I found a great deal on some fit storm Nike stuff at the nike clearance store in Memphis. I typically do not play in the rain and only need something if I get caught out in it. However, this was such a good deal I had to buy it. It wasn't the colors I wanted, but oh well. I got a khaki colored jacket and black pants and paid $65 total for both. 35 for the pants and 30 for the jacket. Works well. Pants are a tad too long, but oh well. Doubt you can get them hemmed since they have the snaps and Velcro and zippers at the bottom.

Congrats. I tried the jacket on before. It did feel great.

I love golf like the next man but can't bring myself to play in the rain.

Your wife is a great woman Jrod, that's a great gift. Enjoy and let us know how it works for you.

I have the Jacket, fit and feel comfy. Happy Anniversary!

I love golf like the next man but can't bring myself to play in the rain.

Whats it rain in Vegas? 10 times a year? I wouldn't either if i could play all year round. Here in Iowa I take what I can get.

This may be something I need to look in to. I play in the rain sometimes, and while it is not as fun as playing on a nice day, sometimes the urge is just too strong and you gotta go out and play. Plus you never know if it is going to rain during a tournament if you like to play competitively and so you have to know how your equipment performs in the rain. So anyhow, keep us updated on your thoughts on these, I am very interested to hear. Wish my wife was nice enough to buy me nice golf gear sometimes lol

Used these yesterday and while it wasnt more than a little sprinkling throughout the entire round i was really impressed. The water beaded ujp and ran right off, and better yet it was very comfortable.

Glad to hear you like it and that it didn't leak.

Tap-in Talking

Jrod looked pretty awesome in his rain gear. I was jealous of the pants.

Yep and it says guranteed waterPROOF which is what I want. None of this "resistant" stuff.

I like the StormFit suit I have. Fits well, doesn't restrict and is quite versatile (can remove sleeves etc). But, I can say that it is NOT waterPROOF. I've had it fail on me a couple of times, although for the price I paid, I don't expect amazing results given the conditions.

I saw this rain suit yesterday at GG, they did not have it when I bought my dryjoy. $130 for the set! what a deal!

Back