2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we will hold being from NJ against you. :alien:

images

Well Rick I might let you be on my Team however I will have to sign you up for beer drinking and smack talking class 101. I will have you up an at em in no time at all. You will be hitting 250 yd nine shots and missing Atlanta International airport tarmac size fairways. You gonna be a champ dude!!!

These are the things that dreams are made of. Being under OG's sweaty wing? Can my day get any better? I submit that it cannot!

One thing that TC mentioned is sooo true. The beers do flow at night when you are talking with THP'rs. That's when legends are made.

Ok, so need to work on getting my Handicap down and tolerance up. Got it.

These are the things that dreams are made of. Being under OG's sweaty wing? Can my day get any better? I submit that it cannot!

Here's a bit of advice Dev. When OG teaches you how to smack talk, take everything he says, do the complete opposite, and you will be golden. Write that down.

is it even possible to book flights yet? hotel rooms can be canceled with no fee as well

yeah, as of a few months ago, you could book flights that far out already

Ok, so need to work on getting my Handicap down and tolerance up. Got it.

Tolerance up? Why? Being drunk and stupid is awesome!! Why have to drink 20 beers to get there..lol

Now ya talking dude! Let's get ready to trounce that sissy little staffer team !!!! Woo ahhhhh

It's hard for Team Arthritis to chime in so much cuz my fingers are so creaky.

Not an excuse! Get your arse to the gym idrops and give me 10!

Here's a bit of advice Dev. When OG teaches you how to smack talk, take everything he says, do the complete opposite, and you will be golden. Write that down.

Do the opposite of what OG says... check..lol

is it even possible to book flights yet? hotel rooms can be canceled with no fee as well

Who knows. But kicking someone out of the event kinda goes against what we all love about THP. Believe me, I'd love to see all of the excited guys on the waiting list get there, especially when there are a bunch of ghosts signed up for the outing. But it's just not right.

Its truly unfortunate but you have to remember, these people made travel commitments.

First off, we dont know that. Most if anything just have a deposit on the trip.
Second, it is a forum outing.
Third, lets say someone is a member here, gets chosen for testing, then vanishes with a set of clubs.
Due to him possibly having commitments, should we say "its truly unfortunate"?

Granted, these are extenuating circumstances, but it has been made clear over and over that the Outing is for forum members. Key word there being members. Signing up and making a single post or coming to an outing and then never posting again until the next outing is not a "member". In my opinion anyway.

And while we have not cancelled anybody's trip, we have sent PMs and will continue to. If someone cannot be a part of this community and are using this fine member base only to get a great golf trip at a fine resort at a great price, its not really fair to others that support the site and are stuck on the waiting list. Im not saying that people need to be avid posters to go to the outing, however the extremes of the other side such as attending the last outing and making a total of about 8 posts between the two are not fair to others (especially when no feedback was left on demo day equipment), or having less than 5 posts total or vanishing completely never to be heard from again are different matters completely.

Now some are wives or guests of members and that is completely understandable, but others are in it for the wrong reasons. Will we say "You cant come"? Maybe not, but some things do have to change and we believe because we are far enough in advance, those changes can be made.

I cant wait to see what people actually look like vs what I picture them to look like. I picture OG as looking like Sam the Eagle from the Muppet Show for some reason.

I cant wait to see what people actually look like vs what I picture them to look like. I picture OG as looking like Sam the Eagle from the Muppet Show for some reason.

You definitely need to dig up the Ms. Graybush videos. OG in drag...

Third, lets say someone is a member here, gets chosen for testing, then vanishes with a set of clubs.

Granted, these are extenuating circumstances, but it has been made clear over and over that the Outing is for forum members. Key word there being members. Signing up and making a single post or coming to an outing and then never posting again until the next outing is not a "member". In my opinion anyway.

And while we have not cancelled anybody's trip, we have sent PMs and will continue to. If someone cannot be a part of this community and are using this fine member base only to get a great golf trip at a fine resort at a great price, its not really fair to others that support the site and are stuck on the waiting list. Im not saying that people need to be avid posters to go to the outing, however the extremes of the other side such as attending the last outing and making a total of about 8 posts between the two are not fair to others (especially when no feedback was left on demo day equipment), or having less than 5 posts total or vanishing completely never to be heard from again are different matters completely.

Now some are wives or guests of members and that is completely understandable, but others are in it for the wrong reasons. Will we say "You cant come"? Maybe not, but some things do have to change and we believe because we are far enough in advance, those changes can be made.

I agree wholeheartedly.

You definitely need to dig up the Ms. Graybush videos. OG in drag...

Oh hell no..lol I don't know if I actually want to. Once you see something like that there is no unseeing it.

Do the opposite of what OG says... check..lol

See, getting the hang of it already.

Huh? War -- I thought I had you trained better than that dude. You cutting a fine line of being on the dream team or on some flunky team.... hehe

In a sense this is a family and a business. I personally don't care about hurting people's feelings that are simply here for free stuff and free golf getaway.

Check out the last outing picture thread. Lots of pics of a ton of the people.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Not based on your last posts, hence the reason I made that post. There is no black and white and always a gray area. If someone does not hold up their end of the bargain, they should not be able to attend in my opinion. Its not always about post count, or tenure, but there are some things that do matter.

Huh? War -- I thought I had you trained better than that dude. You cutting a fine line of being on the dream team or on some flunky team.... hehe

HAHA. Just having some fun OG, no worries.

Check out the last outing picture thread. Lots of pics of a ton of the people.

Not based on your last posts, hence the reason I made that post. There is no black and white and always a gray area. If someone does not hold up their end of the bargain, they should not be able to attend in my opinion. Its not always about post count, or tenure, but there are some things that do matter.

I don't know if I want to. I would rather experience the shock first hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back