sneaking out of work for golf

wawabau

Dark Lord of Sith
Reaction score
Handicap
For those of you who work full time, how often do you sneak out to play golf? I try to at least get in a quick 9-holes whenever my boss is off. More if he's traveling :p

For those of you who work full time, how often do you sneak out to play golf? I try to at least get in a quick 9-holes whenever my boss is off. More if he's traveling :p
Setting yourself up for discovery aren't you...
Watch what you post!

I would never ever disregard my work responsibilities for a quick round of golf :alien:

dont have to sneak..boss golfs too!

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I don't have to sneak. My job is predicated on my sales not sitting in the office. All my clients love to golf so playing weekly is never an issue.

Kongfrontation

Sneaking out of work for golf is a great thing to do. When the days are longer in the summer its easier then the fall though.

I do this pretty frequently when I'm not super busy. I just act like I'm going to do something for work and head straight for the course. I have gotten a few calls from the boss when I'm on the course.

John Deere Tappin...

I've been fortunate to have a good boss, I don't really have to sneak out anymore. They just let me go once a week early to play league. One of the perks of coming off a warship after a few years. You tend to get a break when on shore duty.

I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I don't have to sneak. My job is predicated on my sales not sitting in the office. All my clients love to golf so playing weekly is never an issue.

Kongfrontation

Working in Health Care has it's perks. Doctors love golf, and it's a great place to hold meetings.

You'd be surprised how many contracts I've finalized on the course.

I'll leave early for league golf sometimes, and take a day off for golf, but never "sneak" out.

My job allows me the time to play everyday. It also is one of those jobs where I get to play once in a great while at work with clients.

I've got my schedule arranged so I'm off early enough to get in at least 9 after work so I don't have to sneak out. Then there are days like tomorrow where I'm just taking the day off to play 18 with milehighgolf

I probably play 4 or 5 rounds with customers, bosses, or vendors a summer. I am also a full commissioned sales engineer. It I am having a good month, I will take two hours off and get in a 9. If I have extra time between calls, I will also hit up a driving range.

Usually take a few mental health days each year to hit the course.

I dont have to sneak out, but I try to get at least a round a week in. Most of the time its late afternoon rounds

Setting yourself up for discovery aren't you...
Watch what you post!

he is in Hong Kong....I dont know how many members we have from there.

Wish I could more than I do now... Which is never

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I know where each one of you work, so all I'm looking for is a quick $100 deposit to my paypal account..........................................sorry, had to hit my drive on 3.............. but anyways $100 to paypal, and I'll pretend I never saw this thread.

Often times I have to work weekends and long hours through the week, so I'm able to leave work early and chop it up to comp time. It's nice to get out before the leagues start.

I'm a teacher; I think somebody might notice if I slipped out lol. Then again, over the summer it seemed like nearly every round I played involved somebody playing hooky. One guy I play with regularly is the boss at his place, and I think he skips out a couple of times a week. It's funny when he gets a call from a client (often higher ups in government) and he slips into the trees for a call; even funnier when a cart goes by and he gives them a dirty look.

Golf is how I reward myself for getting my work done quickly and not procrastinating. It is also where I meet a lot of potential clients, so in a way, I am working, right?

I never do, I will take a vacation day or I will leave early for a doctor or dentist appointment or something and then go after but never skip out just to play, too much at stake.

We have summer flex hours, so I work an extra hour Mon-Thurs in order to work a 1/2 day on Friday. In the Spring/Fall, I will take 1/2 days. The only boss I am sneaking out on is the boss at home. When I worked in a public accounting firm, I had a lot of opportunity to hit the course during the week when I wasn't at a client and then just caught up on work in the evening. Plus with a blackberry it was easy to give the appearance you are working while on the golf course should something urgent come up.

I do it quite often, just leave my cubicle and go play. I get my emails on my phone so if anything urgent comes up I'd be able to pack it up and come back. I haven't had to rush back yet, hope I didn't just jinx myself.

I guess being an old guy and retired has it benefits huh? I just slip out the door and hit the course.

Back