New Odyssey Belly & Long Putters

The Dart long putter intrigues me. I'm a bit surprised that they don't have a CS'd 2-ball for a long putter. It seems like a lot of folks going with the long putter like CS's better.

The Dart long putter intrigues me. I'm a bit surprised that they don't have a CS'd 2-ball for a long putter. It seems like a lot of folks going with the long putter like CS's better.

Good call Spank! I was wondering the same thing. But TM is the same way, no CS Long Ghost Spider either.

All these belly putters really have me pondering. I putt like crap, o these have to help. Still considering the Spider ghost, but these new odyssey ones are intriguing. Like others have said none of the local shops seem to carry belly putters locally.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Tommorrow will be my first round with my new 2 ball belly. We shall see. I have been putting really well lately with the #9 but anytime I have to play slow greens it just kills me.

Tommorrow will be my first round with my new 2 ball belly. We shall see. I have been putting really well lately with the #9 but anytime I have to play slow greens it just kills me.

Dude I need the low down! I am super interested in how it works for you.

Dude I need the low down! I am super interested in how it works for you.

One thing I know just from practice green putting is its a ton easier to get the ball rolling. I've never been an insert guy but it feels completely different with the belly. Its funny cause they say touch is the hardest thing with a belly putter but I was lagging great with this thing.

Very interested in following how many amateurs make the switch to these and how they fare. Looking forward to your thoughts JRod - cool that you did not experience issues with the longer putts initially.

Tappin' from my iPad!

One thing I know just from practice green putting is its a ton easier to get the ball rolling. I've never been an insert guy but it feels completely different with the belly. Its funny cause they say touch is the hardest thing with a belly putter but I was lagging great with this thing.

Good to know. The tm880 is the first insert I have ever used. So I feel thr same way. I hope it works out for ya

I am really looking forward on how this putter works out for you Jrod. Keep us posted please.

If i was to try a long putter again i would go with the longer version.

I think a Backstryke long putter would be scary if mastered. Would like to see them crank one out.

nice putter but I still don't think I'd want one right now

Bought myself a white ice 2 ball long at 48" this week.
Waiting for the greens to recover from coring before I really try it out.

Odyssey is bringing the heat with the belly putters! I see a couple models that I would roll however I am falling in love with my current putter. Using one of these putters can be a lifesaver for those of you that tend to wave the putter head on the back swing. When I first got mine, it felt awkward but after putting some hours in on the putting green, they really do grow on you. I bet most of you that try them, will not put the time in to make them work for you. It's a bit of transition from a regular putter to the longer ones. If you have the stay power to make them work, I have no doubt you will be pleasantly surprised. That last model JB refers to on the first page here looks awesome and no doubt is a birdie machine.

With all of the hype surrounding these and more and more players using them, I am looking at one myself. Don't know that I would ever game one, but if one feels good enough and I make more putts, why not.

I really like the look of these. I'll keep an eye out for them in the stores.

Belly putters seem to be the new now thing in golf. I have yet to find one that I am comfortable with, but every time I see one in a store I give it a try.

There is an LPGA player that GG and I will be seeing on Friday. She just made the switch and I am going to get her to give me some tips. She was a great putter before and made the switch, so the curiosity is there.

There is an LPGA player that GG and I will be seeing on Friday. She just made the switch and I am going to get her to give me some tips. She was a great putter before and made the switch, so the curiosity is there.

did she switch to a belly putter or the broomstick Adam Scott putter?

did she switch to a belly putter or the broomstick Adam Scott putter?

Belly putter in August. Since that time has back to back top 20s.

Belly putter in August. Since that time has back to back top 20s.

Nice, instant results are always good.
Can you ask her how long she practiced with one before she decided to make the jump?

Man these belly and long putters are getting tons of love lately. I'll bet they're seeing retailers selling the heck out of what they currently have in stock with all the success long/belly putters are having on Tour.

Nice, instant results are always good.
Can you ask her how long she practiced with one before she decided to make the jump?

Sure thing.

Man these belly and long putters are getting tons of love lately. I'll bet they're seeing retailers selling the heck out of what they currently have in stock with all the success long/belly putters are having on Tour.

And yet we always see post after post about "I dont let what happens on tour influence my club choices"....HAHAH

We all know better and we all do it. If its working for the best, maybe it will work for me. And here in lies why these guys get the big bucks.

And yet we always see post after post about "I dont let what happens on tour influence my club choices"....HAHAH

We all know better and we all do it. If its working for the best, maybe it will work for me. And here in lies why these guys get the big bucks.

Yup, people can deny all they want to but the tour without a doubt impacts your club choices.
As someone who struggles on and off with putting I'm intrigued by the belly putter. I'm not sure I am ready to make the jump though.

Yup, people can deny all they want to but the tour without a doubt impacts your club choices.
As someone who struggles on and off with putting I'm intrigued by the belly putter. I'm not sure I am ready to make the jump though.
But you are willing to try. :)

I didn't think I'd ever try one, but all of the talk, all of the winning, it's got me seriously intrigued. I haven't practiced with one in probably 5 years, but that will change.

I didn't think I'd ever try one, but all of the talk, all of the winning, it's got me seriously intrigued. I haven't practiced with one in probably 5 years, but that will change.

I've been trying them in stores for a while. We had some when I worked at golf galaxy a couple of years ago that we used to mess around with, those and the Hammy putters. I just have yet to find a comfortable set up. I used to be a good putter, but now it's just hit or miss. I'd love consistency and if these help I would go in to full out ponder mode.

I know I am! Had a great putting round and then an awful putting round. It takes some time.

Back