KBS C-Taper Shaft Review

I am totally thinking about getting these for my new TM MC irons. They may be just the ticket. Now S+ or X flex ?

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Played my first full round with these today and the soft stepped S flex is just not the ticket for me. Hitting them higher than I was my s300's and with the wind being 20-25 mph today it absolutely ate my shots. Had the club builder put them straight in or even hard stepped them like I was initially debating it would have been fine. However the soft stepping just defeats the purpose of what I was hoping to accomplish with these shafts anyway.

I will comment on how great they feel however. I have never felt a club head kick like I do with these shafts. It feels amazing to say the least. Just wish the ball flight was brought down.

Jman, what are your thoughts after your rounds on Tuesday?

Jman, what are your thoughts after your rounds on Tuesday?

Quick and dirty version as I'm about to crash lol...

Flight came down exactly like I hoped it would and wanted it to. Not a ton, but a noticeable amount so that it was actually a true penetrating flight.

Feel, unreal. THIS is why I wanted to like my KBS Tours so damn much. It's not all the way the same feel but for me it's so much better than the S300's it's crazy. Loads smooth and the kick is just SO amazing to feel happen.

I don't wanna sound too cheesy but they fit the exact bill I hoped they would so far. I'll post up some more Friday on an actual computer to I can get more detailed for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really really thinking about replacing my KBS tour Stiff shafts with these C Tapers. I find I still hit everything crazy high with the KBS tour. Maybe even high than I was with the DG S300's I used for many years.

I'll be trying to score some locally before the season is out. Thinking S+ or perhaps even X-flex.

I am really really thinking about replacing my KBS tour Stiff shafts with these C Tapers. I find I still hit everything crazy high with the KBS tour. Maybe even high than I was with the DG S300's I used for many years.

I'll be trying to score some locally before the season is out. Thinking S+ or perhaps even X-flex.

Belbs, that was my experience to a T...well, other than the X-Flex thing lol

Its official, 4 rounds in the feel of these shafts and the flight are impeccable for my game. I'm SO happy I went this way.

How happy?

Best feeling 168 yard 7i on a par 3 I've hit happy.

photo10.jpg

LOL

Beauty Jman! Glad you like them so much buddy.

Beauty Jman! Glad you like them so much buddy.

Thanks TC, and believe me I am too. Despite having swung clubs with the Tapers in them, I was still worried about it because of the experience of the Tour's and moon balls. These fit the tick flight wise and feeling them load and unload is fantastic too.

I was pondering these hard, and I think you have me sold Jman. I just need to find a cheap set of LH burner 2.0 heads over the offseason!

I was pondering these hard, and I think you have me sold Jman. I just need to find a cheap set of LH burner 2.0 heads over the offseason!

Haha, the 2.0/C-Taper combo is certainly doing me good. I'll say this, just remember the C-Tapers are .355tt and the 2.0's are .370...a brass shim fixes that easy though.

Thanks TC, and believe me I am too. Despite having swung clubs with the Tapers in them, I was still worried about it because of the experience of the Tour's and moon balls. These fit the tick flight wise and feeling them load and unload is fantastic too.

They do feel a little different than the Tours though, at least to me. Any thoughts on that?

They do feel a little different than the Tours though, at least to me. Any thoughts on that?

They definitely are not AS smooth loading and unloading as the Tour's were. The Tour's by far and away have THE best feel of any iron shaft I have been able to try and its not close...but...the C-Taper's have traits of that and feel way smoother that the S300's I just came from. I'm more than willing to sacrifice some feel for flight, but just not as much as, say, a PX requires. The PX's really and truly are just too "stout" feeling for me since I'm SO big on the feel of a golf shaft.

The C-Tapers so far have been a perfect blending of sacrificing feel for flight but still having a much "smoother" feel than my S300's did.

I'm sure that was chaotic to read, I tend to ramble sometimes lol

They definitely are not AS smooth loading and unloading as the Tour's were. The Tour's by far and away have THE best feel of any iron shaft I have been able to try and its not close...but...the C-Taper's have traits of that and feel way smoother that the S300's I just came from. I'm more than willing to sacrifice some feel for flight, but just not as much as, say, a PX requires. The PX's really and truly are just too "stout" feeling for me since I'm SO big on the feel of a golf shaft.

The C-Tapers so far have been a perfect blending of sacrificing feel for flight but still having a much "smoother" feel than my S300's did.

I'm sure that was chaotic to read, I tend to ramble sometimes lol

That was not chaotic bro, that pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about them too. I much prefer the feel from the Tours, but dayum if those CT's don't look phenomenal.

That was not chaotic bro, that pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about them too. I much prefer the feel from the Tours, but dayum if those CT's don't look phenomenal.

Indeed they do. Without a single iota of doubt they look goooood.

I really do think they are a perfect mix though, just enough of each (flight and feel) that I'm not left wanting.

Ive been playing these shafts for a couple months now and just wanted to share some thoughts. First of all, i was fit for these at Von's golf in seattle...and if you are in the seattle area, im not sure if there is a better fitter than Jim Von Lasslow. My 5i swing was avg 89mph which on speed alone would put me right at the S-flex, however for whatever reason the S+ was just feeling so much better and producing much better numbers. 125grams is pretty heavy but i was just producing such a consistently smooth swing with these and was pretty much sold after my first strike.

as almost everyone has stated, a penetrating ball flight is the name of the game. i had jim reshaft my 6i on the spot so i could take it over to the range. There was a decent headwind which was perfect, as that is the condition i was really looking forward to trying these in.......and wow, this shaft really excelled. At first i wasnt 100% sure that i was hitting the ball any lower but the ball just really seemed to carry in the wind. I switched over to my 5i with the stock uniflex shaft, and quickly noticed that the ball was going just as high as the c-tapered 6i, and would just climb in the wind and die. The ball flight off the c-taper was aggressive, and the ball just wanted to fall forward even into the wind.

Needless to say, i went straight back to Jim, dropped the rest of the set off for reshafting, and the rest has been a happy history.

This is pretty much my first experience with an aftermarket shaft, so i dont really have a lot of first hand knowledge to draw on....that being said, i know what these shafts have done for
my game and i love them.

Oh why did this thread have to pop up?!?!? I was just getting these out of my mind. I have been lusting over these for a while, I am glad to hear that they are doing well for you Reki! Coming into the windy winter, I think these could be great! Now I just need to find them at a good price!

Oh why did this thread have to pop up?!?!? I was just getting these out of my mind. I have been lusting over these for a while, I am glad to hear that they are doing well for you Reki! Coming into the windy winter, I think these could be great! Now I just need to find them at a good price!

haha, sorry doc! although, im not that sorry because you SHOULD get into the c-taper game!

Agreed. I will be searching for these over the winter as well. Next spring I hope to have these in my irons before the outing.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Well, 5 rounds in on mine and I'm still just as sold as I was in the beginning. The feel is what is doing it for me more than anything else though.

Yes, I've lowered my flight a bit and thats good, however, the feel takes the cake. Load and unload, its very nice for my particular swing. I don't miss my S300's in the 2.0's at all.

Well, 5 rounds in on mine and I'm still just as sold as I was in the beginning. The feel is what is doing it for me more than anything else though.

Yes, I've lowered my flight a bit and thats good, however, the feel takes the cake. Load and unload, its very nice for my particular swing. I don't miss my S300's in the 2.0's at all.

Nice update Jman! I've been pondering these pretty hard lately. Have you noticed a distance increase? Are balls still holding on the green with long irons? Have you ever hit the KBS Tours...if so, can you compare the feel?

John Deere Tappin...

Nice update Jman! I've been pondering these pretty hard lately. Have you noticed a distance increase? Are balls still holding on the green with long irons? Have you ever hit the KBS Tours...if so, can you compare the feel?

John Deere Tappin...

Thanks DD!

As far as distance, I'm seeing maybe 2-3 yards form my S300's, but that's not why I went to these anyways, its all about the flight for me. My long irons do hold well still, even the TM Rescue hybrid I went steel in. No complaints there.

I did play Tour's for a while but went back to S300's because of the flight, though the Tours are still the best feeling shaft of the three. With the C-Taper's you do get alot of the smoothness from the Tour's, but not all of it. Its almost like a mix, you give up a bit of the feeling for the lower flight. Its a trade off that I love as they feel WAY better than the S300's and EON's moreso than Project X.

Thanks DD!

As far as distance, I'm seeing maybe 2-3 yards form my S300's, but that's not why I went to these anyways, its all about the flight for me. My long irons do hold well still, even the TM Rescue hybrid I went steel in. No complaints there.

I did play Tour's for a while but went back to S300's because of the flight, though the Tours are still the best feeling shaft of the three. With the C-Taper's you do get alot of the smoothness from the Tour's, but not all of it. Its almost like a mix, you give up a bit of the feeling for the lower flight. Its a trade off that I love as they feel WAY better than the S300's and EON's moreso than Project X.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on some. I think I may get one and reshaft the 7i to compare before I buy an entire set.

John Deere Tappin...

I called my fitter yesterday and asked him to check on the price of these. I should hear back from him today and maybe be able to game these by the end of the month if the price is right.

I called my fitter yesterday and asked him to check on the price of these. I should hear back from him today and maybe be able to game these by the end of the month if the price is right.

I believe they are $25 per shaft plus installation.

Tapaway!

Back