Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie,
Its their contract with Directv.

Julie,
Its their contract with Directv.

I think they're going to contract themselves right out of being a successful business. I remember growing up watching football with my family, just like my parents watched with theirs - now it's going to be only for the elite.

People who say "ax" instead of "ask"!

514Z8512AYL._SS500_.jpg

Oh, no, it's not just African Americans though. There was an "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode about it, and I know plenty other white folks that have lazy enunciation, as well.

Yeah,
Its not a race thing at all. It is an ignorance thing at this point.

LOL I was just talking about that at work yesterday. I actually looked it up in the urban dictionary....they have all sorts of crazy stuff in there. And it has nothing to do with the color of your skin, it's just modern day slang.

Note: I totally agree it's laziness.

LOL I was just talking about that at work yesterday. I actually looked it up in the urban dictionary....they have all sorts of crazy stuff in there. And it has nothing to do with the color of your skin, it's just modern day slang.

Note: I totally agree it's laziness.

I would not say that is "modern day slang" and sorry if I am in the wrong here, but at least in Boston, I have never heard someone white say "ax"

I take public transportation and hear it EVERYDAY, its just ebonics

"let me ax you something man, thems is mines"

Different areas it means different things or is said by different people. But this might not be the best place to debate race.

I didn't read through the whole thread so forgive me if this has been stated already. People who leave their Christmas lights up all year should be fined. Honestly, take a few hours to take them down. What is pretty in Dec becomes an eyesore in Mar.

Mytime...Me too.

I'll let you keep turning them on until New Year's.

In MN, often people put them up around Thanksgiving when we had the last few mild weekends. So long as you don't turn them on, it's actually OK I think to leave them up until March at the latest, because frankly it can be a safety thing, impossible to put up a ladder in a few feet of snow, or straight up iced over.

People take this, however, to mean you can leave your plastic figures in your yard, big icicle lights hanging down, strings of lights hanging from the trees, etc, until spring thaw.

I have other things I HATE about Christmas lights:

- Wrapping a tree halfway up the trunk and stopping. Come on people.

- A "tail" - a strand of lights leading off the tree trunk or house into the grass cause you didn't want to get an extension cord.

- Having one strand somewhere on your house blinking and the others not. The blinking being completely uncoordinated.

- Lack of aesthetic synthesis. Multiple Santas, one chilling over with Jesus and one of the wisemen, a lone elf off in the corner doing nothing, candy canes partially lining your driveway, three burned out.

When did NFL halftime shows become about yelling, screaming, interrupting, giggling, laughing, and generally annoying behavior instead of just showing and describing highlights?

When did NFL halftime shows become about yelling, screaming, interrupting, giggling, laughing, and generally annoying behavior instead of just showing and describing highlights?

since when does it take 4 and half hours to watch an NFL game? That's why I gave up on the sport... I read something last week there is an average of 12minutes of action played in football... that's insane!

- Lack of aesthetic synthesis. Multiple Santas, one chilling over with Jesus and one of the wisemen, a lone elf off in the corner doing nothing, candy canes partially lining your driveway, three burned out.

I like to think that Jesus would of invited Santa into his manger.

It was 3 degrees when we went out at 7:30 to go to the store this morning. It was up to 12 degrees when we got back at a little after noon. It's 6 degrees now. Well, at least it's officially winter now.

Yeah smalls....We are at a brisk 62 right now.

since when does it take 4 and half hours to watch an NFL game? That's why I gave up on the sport... I read something last week there is an average of 12minutes of action played in football... that's insane!

Still on the subject of football . . .

when did it become acceptable to jump up and down and do a victory celebration for a routine play . . . like a tackle . . . when your team is losing . . .?

Lame.

I always respected players like Emmit Smith who just came to the field and did his job. Every time he did something spectacular, he just acted like he had been there before, and would be there again. And he had, and would.

ALWAYS class, even in college:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM2sfuV_WLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xM2sfuV_WLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Let's not forget Marcus Allen. He scored more touchdowns than just about anyone and I don't think he ever did anything more than flip it to the ref. (He probably kept some milestone TD's). I was glad I was able to see the last 5 years of his career in a KC uniform.

Let's not forget Marcus Allen. He scored more touchdowns than just about anyone and I don't think he ever did anything more than flip it to the ref. (He probably kept some milestone TD's). I was glad I was able to see the last 5 years of his career in a KC uniform.

True. It's a shame that both he (Raiders) and Sanders (Lions) wasted their careers on poorly run teams that never had a chance at winning. Al Davis in particular can suck it for the way he treated Allen.

True. It's a shame that both he (Raiders) and Sanders (Lions) wasted their careers on poorly run teams that never had a chance at winning. Al Davis in particular can suck it for the way he treated Allen.

Well the Raiders did win one while Marcus was there,
18-allen.jpg
As Washington's John Riggins had the year before, running back Marcus Allen made a spectacular run the signature play of the game. While the Raiders set a Super Bowl record for points and victory margin in their 38-9 win over Washington, it was Allen's 74-yard touchdown run on the final play of the third quarter that was the highlight of the team's impressive victory.

After taking a handoff from quarterback Jim Plunkett, Allen headed around left end. Bottled up there, he reversed field, turned the right corner and evaded several Redskins' tacklers on the way to the end zone. The run broke a record of 58 yards set by Tom Matte in Super Bowl III

Allen scored his first Super Bowl touchdown midway through the third quarter. His 5-yard run finished off a 70-yard Los Angeles drive. Allen, the Most Valuable Player, broke Riggins' Super Bowl rushing record with 191 yards on 20 carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back