Didnt know it was THIS bad

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
So I tend to struggle with par 3's, I seem really good at blowing up on them in a variety of ways (blade off of tee, chunks around the greens, and the occasional sand blow up).

So I went to oobgolf out of curiosity to see what my GIR % is for par 3's.

10%!!!!!!!!! That is AWFUL, I thought it was bad, but lord thats really bad. Might be better off teeing up a putter and giving it a run or 2.

Anyone else struggle like me on these?

Unbelievably my par 3 GIR is my highest at 16%, par 4 is 7% and par 5 is 9% according to OOB.

its those damn CB's bro!

I kid!!

You made me look. I wish you didnt. 18%.

Thanks... Ignorance was bliss. I hate Par 3s

hahahaha...I think he has Lucas' bill as well...I miss Wider

So that's what the other meal on my bill was. hahaha If he is somehow working at GC this May, I am going to die laughing, and if he isn't, maybe we should make a drive to PGA National for dinner one night.

You just made me look mine up on OOBgolf....since I started tracking scores on there earlier this year, it's 34.4%. I'd love to get that up to 50%.

I'd lay up so I could increase my scramble save %.

So that's what the other meal on my bill was. hahaha If he is somehow working at GC this May, I am going to die laughing, and if he isn't, maybe we should make a drive to PGA National for dinner one night.

we could call i tin when we leave Orlando, it would be ready just in time...sorry for the thread jack

25% for me??!!?? That can't be right.

Only 13% on Par 4s and 5s

Since I started keeping mine on OOB last year, Par 3 - 35%, Par 4 - 15%, Par 5 - 24%...surprised that those numbers are as high as they are.

we could call i tin when we leave North Carolina, it would be ready just in time...sorry for the thread jack

FIFY...and yes...sorry for the thread jack

not sure on mine but I bet its not very good, my guess would be around 30-40%

The website I use doesn't give me a breakdown for par 3's, 4's, or 5's, just that I'm at a GIR avg. of 52%. The only thing I can tell you that helped me was aim for the center of the green no matter where the pin is that day and take an in control swing at it. That being said, if I have a short iron in my hand? I should still shoot at the center anyway, but I just can't help it :/

par 4s is 20 percent an par 5s are 29 percent...might need to put these on the 2012 goals

I honestly don't keep stats much, you let things like that get to your head and suddenly you get psyched out on par 3's!

I honestly don't keep stats much, you let things like that get to your head and suddenly you get psyched out on par 3's!
cant get any worse lol

There is one par 3 on my home course that I have only parred 5 times this entire golf season - and 2 birdies. Every single other round has been bogey or worse. Def. in my head - I know what you're going through.

There's a par 3 on my school course that's 210 uphill so it plays 220.
Of 3 and 1/2 years of playing there, I've hit the green twice. It's small as hell and makes for a very tough hole.

So I tend to struggle with par 3's, I seem really good at blowing up on them in a variety of ways (blade off of tee, chunks around the greens, and the occasional sand blow up).

So I went to oobgolf out of curiosity to see what my GIR % is for par 3's.

10%!!!!!!!!! That is AWFUL, I thought it was bad, but lord thats really bad. Might be better off teeing up a putter and giving it a run or 2.

Anyone else struggle like me on these?

Luckily NO.

Back