Words with Friends

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone play this on there phone? I added it on Facebook and now it is the only reason I get on there. Insanely addicting.

I used to play it. I was addicted like you are for most of last year, but I haven't played it in several months at this point.

Play this with quite a few family members, although I am very selective of who i play because too many people just shovel crap onto the board and hope it goes through haha!

Not as much fun that way.

Play this with quite a few family members, although I am very selective of who i play because too many people just shovel crap onto the board and hope it goes through haha!

I hate people who do that. You should be forced to surrender your turn if you put a non-viable word on. I also hate that stuff like Qi is considered a word. It's pretty dumb sometimes.

I hate people who do that. You should be forced to surrender your turn if you put a non-viable word on. I also hate that stuff like Qi is considered a word. It's pretty dumb sometimes.

I'm alright with things like qi because I know it's a word and it's going to end up in the game haha, I just don't like the people who play a word alongside another one so they end up with like, 6 scoring words, some of which are ai, ie, ii, te, etc... Just silly haha!

I'm alright with things like qi because I know it's a word and it's going to end up in the game haha, I just don't like the people who play a word alongside another one so they end up with like, 6 scoring words, some of which are ai, ie, ii, te, etc... Just silly haha!

Yeah. I know a few of my friends used to just put down letters to try to form high scoring words, then they'd get one randomly but they'd have no idea what it meant or that it was even a word. Annoying.

Qi, ka and za are some of the most useful words. Great for playing defensively.

Qi, ka and za are some of the most useful words. Great for playing defensively.

Also some of the most freaking annoying. I hate playing against people who play words like that.

I play them all when in a bind, and i usually win at Scrabble. It's just strategy. Not everybody gets all the letters for "kumquat".
Also some of the most freaking annoying. I hate playing against people who play words like that.

That I can deal with...if it's not a word, the game won't let you use it.

What irritates me is the people who use cheater apps.

Seems like good strategy to score both directions with each letter if you can. There are a whole set of two and three letter acceptable words that the "good" players know and use to their advantage. Not liking that is like not liking someone who can two putt everything, chip within 5 feet 95% of the time and make 95% of putts inside 5 feet. Work on that and you'll improve your score... Same thing with scrabble... Knowing those words allows you to make bigger scores and block people from using potentially dangerous scoring spots (TW, TL,DW,DL).

too many people just shovel crap onto the board and hope it goes through haha!

basically the same reason that I quit online racing years back--crashers and general screw-arounds--guess you call them kids!!

I used to play words with friends .now, we play word fued .we like this version better .

I was addicted to it for a month or two, but then got tired of people who cheat and keep getting ridiculously high scores from words you can't even pronounce. How do I know? Because some of my friends do that, too.

While in Hawaii they told us about a lava rock called aa, that would be another cheat word to me, no one really uses it except tour guides.

OMG, I play this REGULARLY and probably consider myself an addict. It is the first thing I check waking up and the last thing I play before going to bed. This game is awesome!

I'm so bad at this game.
My friend usually beats me >300 - ~160 every single game.
Anyone got any good tips or tricks??

Learn your 2 letter words, and once you are in the lead, play aggresively.
I'm so bad at this game.

Anybody up for a game? I need a mental workout.

Anybody up for a game? I need a mental workout.

Scrabble during all this awesome MC stuff? Not me.

I'm so bad at this game.

Don't play the words, play the board. By that I mean take advantage of the triple and double letters and word spots. Do not play a Q, Z, J , or X, unless it's on a double or triple. Learn the short words with the high ponters QI, ZA, JO, etc. If you can't get a triple word spot, block it, that's just as good. Save those S and blanks to extend a word and get points for both. Parallel words can also get you a lot of points.

man I play this a lot. Usually have a couple games going at any given time with a few friends. Problem I have is I get playing when I've had a beverage or few and screw up my game plan LOL

I play this game religiously. Lol my user name for the game is ShefingItUp if anyone wants to challenge me to a game.

I've just been introduced to it, and play my wife and our friend - but I was annoyed the other day when 'Saxon' was rejected as a non-word??!! I mean, they're a great band :)

Back