2011 Bridgestone E6 Review

Complete skim here, but how does the e6 compare to the B330-RX? I love gaming the 330-RX, but when it's one of those days I like to have a ball to fall back on that I wont cringe about when I lose one.

Both are soft cored, with the e6 being very soft.

The spin is completely different and if you expect a lot of check up with partial shots, the e6 isn't going to give it to. The e5 is a good low cost ball that has a urethane cover if you are looking for spin and value.

Ya I don't have any problem with holding greens with the longer irons (even a 3 hybrid), but you won't get much stopping power around the green.

Both are soft cored, with the e6 being very soft.

The spin is completely different and if you expect a lot of check up with partial shots, the e6 isn't going to give it to. The e5 is a good low cost ball that has a urethane cover if you are looking for spin and value.

Just picked up a dozen e6 in Yellow, going to game them this weekend. Not a bad price on them either.

Looking forward to hearing how they work for you, war.eagle. I predict you will see a little less side-spin off your driver. I wouldn't be surprised to see you get some added yards too.

Edit to say: They feel real nice off the V2's.

Looking forward to hearing how they work for you, war.eagle. I predict you will see a little less side-spin off your driver. I wouldn't be surprised to see you get some added yards too.

Edit to say: They feel real nice off the V2's.

That is what I am hoping for, especially since I have to go back to the Superfast. Good to hear they feel good off the V2s, really excited to hit these. Plus, their yellow. I dont remember the last time I played a yellow ball.

Love the yellow. I even prefer it off the tee. I don't know why, but my eyes just like it.

Gamed the e6 today, in bright yellow. I loved it. Like I said, dont remember the last time I hit a yellow ball, but it was very easy to track and find.

Will definitely game the e6 in the future. I did have a lot more rollout than I am used to around the green, but adjusted to it quickly and actually preferred to land it short and let it roll with the green.

Definitely going to game it again tomorrow.

The yellow is the best and the e6 is a really great ball. Very underrated for it's attributes other than the side-spin reduction.

The yellow is the best and the e6 is a really great ball. Very underrated for it's attributes other than the side-spin reduction.

I agree 100%, it really and truly is a very good golf ball.

I've been using the e6 for about a year (only just switched to the 2011 model). Every time I try and switch to something else, I always end up back with the e6's.
Maybe it's just a marketing thing, but knowing that they "limit sidespin" gives me huge confidence standing over the ball on the tee block.

I agree with what many have been saying in this thread, love that e6 ball. I feel like I lose a bit of distance, and I'm still learning how to get it to check, but all in all, I'm very happy with it.

I've been gaming the e6 for the last month or so and I can tell you that I throughly love the way this ball leaves the tees. I feel like I can actually see the "anti-slice" properties at work (kidding of course on seeing and anti-slice properties); however, it really looks like the ball just "hangs on" for lack of a better way to put it. I feel like the ball wants desperatly to fade more, but at some point it just seems to hang where it is...which works well for me.

Spin: I won't compare to other balls, but I notice on the harder greens I'm on here there's little or no spin (for my game). I played a week in Arizona and their greens were soft. On multiple occasions I brought the ball back on the Par 3's...maybe 3 feet or so.

Played another round with the e6 today, and liked it just as I did yesterday. I do see less spin on the green, it rolls out a good bit. But on my short iron shots from 100-150 yards out, I am getting it to land and check back a few feet (which I like a lot). Had multiple shots in to the green today where it landed and rolled back a bit. Plus, the yellow is just awesome.

I gamed it today and I love the ball. Definitely straighter than the 330RX and very long. I flew a green unfortunately and cost me a stroke as I had not adjusted to it back from using the 330 last week. This ball simply makes golf more enjoyable for me.

I just got a box of these as a present last night - can't wait to game them tomorrow or this coming week. Also, they are orange which will be new as I have never played an orange ball. Can't wait! There are some seriously good comments on this thread and most if not all love this ball. Very excited to give these a go.

I just got a box of these as a present last night - can't wait to game them tomorrow or this coming week. Also, they are orange which will be new as I have never played an orange ball. Can't wait! There are some seriously good comments on this thread and most if not all love this ball. Very excited to give these a go.
I'm gonna' have to buy a dozen of either the yellow or orange...just cause I can. I really do like these balls. I liked the Nike 20xi I played not long ago, but I've just got confidence in these pills.

I'm gonna' have to buy a dozen of either the yellow or orange...just cause I can. I really do like these balls. I liked the Nike 20xi I played not long ago, but I've just got confidence in these pills.

Totally agree!!!! I had never hit them until today. I was very very impressed. I also liked the orange. I really liked the feel and distance off the tee. Very similar in feel to me as the Srixon Zstar x. Also, I felt like it had less side spin than the Zstar X. Not sure but either way it was one of the top 3 balls I have played this year.

I've basically worked with 4 balls this season: 2011 e6, 2011 e5, Gamer V2 and Q-Star. For my game (90 SS) and my swing tendencies with a driver, the Gamer and the Q-Star have worked best for me. Alternating them the last few rounds, I've shot an 80, 77, 83, 78, 82 (13.5 index.) Both the Gamer and Q-Star are as long, if not longer than the e6 and I hit them about as straight off the tee. They certainly work better around the greens than the e6 and I can hold the green within a couple of feet of the landing spot with about every club in my bag.

I loved the e5 around the greens and with short irons but it was the weakest for me from the tee. The e6 was the worst performer for my game of the four; the e5 was very solid but compromised my fairways hit somewhat; and the Gamer and Q-Star were about equally number one. If there was an edge, I sorta preferred the Q-Star feel off the putter while liking the Gamer price!

You guys have me convinced, I will be playing these balls this weekend.

You guys have me convinced, I will be playing these balls this weekend.

I've been switching between them and a urethane ball depending on the temps and how firm the greens are. I think you like it quite a bit. Let us know how they work out for you!

Browsing looking for info on the E6 and ran across this thread.. Lots of good info.... Going to be getting off midnight shift in a few hours and headed to the course for a quick 9. I am thinking I will play a sleeve of the E6's and see how they do.... thx again for all the info....

I almost always have a half dozen of these laying around just in case. I normally play it this time of year, but it's been so dry that I've stuck with a spinnier ball in the hopes of holding some more greens.

Played these most of the year, and had pretty good results overall. I'm not sure if I'll keep playing them next season or not, depending how I feel about my game and after some lessons I might step up to a better ball because I definitely shot my best 2 rounds of the year playing the Penta TP's that I got from that promo Taylormade was doing earlier this year. I just feel like I still lose too many balls to want to play a $35-40/doz golf ball.

Thank you for the reviews. I played this ball for a little while and liked it. I just prefer a ball with a little more spin around the greens (switched to the Penta). All in all this is a very solid ball and I would recommend it.

Played these most of the year, and had pretty good results overall. I'm not sure if I'll keep playing them next season or not, depending how I feel about my game and after some lessons I might step up to a better ball because I definitely shot my best 2 rounds of the year playing the Penta TP's that I got from that promo Taylormade was doing earlier this year. I just feel like I still lose too many balls to want to play a $35-40/doz golf ball.

If my tee game loses me a couple balls in a round I almost always switch to these. Just makes more sense to have a ball that spins a bit less and doesn't cost $3-4.

Back