Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week a mechanical contractor got a bid for some engineered equipment from my competition and me on a job. Last week my price was good. I find out late yesterday, that the contractor went to my competition with my quote and said, "If you can beat this price you have the job." It's shady sh_t like that that makes me very angry. Especially after I did the engineering and wrote the material spec for the job.

Last week a mechanical contractor got a bid for some engineered equipment from my competition and me on a job. Last week my price was good. I find out late yesterday, that the contractor went to my competition with my quote and said, "If you can beat this price you have the job." It's shady sh_t like that that makes me very angry. Especially after I did the engineering and wrote the material spec for the job.
That sucks so much.

That sucks so much.

It's so shady. If he came back to me and said that he was looking for me to resubmit a price, then fine I guess. But to show my quote to my competition, that is the part that makes me really angry.

I lost a $85,000 job because of that crappy action. He burned a bridge and made an enemy. Karma will bite him hard.

It's so shady. If he came back to me and said that he was looking for me to resubmit a price, then fine I guess. But to show my quote to my competition, that is the part that makes me really angry.

I lost a $85,000 job because of that crappy action. He burned a bridge and made an enemy. Karma will bite him hard.

Amen brother, I'm a firm believer in that. That sucks something terrible BG.

You should charge a fee for stuff like that BG. Enough to make him think twice about pulling out,

You should charge a fee for stuff like that BG. Enough to make him think twice about pulling out,

My company, and I, do not typically charge for small scale engineering like that. It's pretty easy and not OVERLY time consuming. If we charge for that level of engineering we would actually lose money. The real problem is that the plant (Kohler Company) decided to spend more money and go through a contractor, instead of saving money and order the equipment through me. Just so they could issue 1 purchase order.

Last edited:
when im playing well 18 holes doesnt seem near enough
when im playing bad 18 holes is way too much

If I had a dollar for every spam mail that I got telling me I've won the lottery I would essentially be a lottery winner

Wife's 06 HHR is starting to die on us. Just hit 100k and not only is the catalytic converter going out its leaking oil now. The plan was to wait until the new year and get her into something else (it'd be paid off in december) but that may have just been bumped up.

Talk about a kick to the balls with all the residency interviews coming up, this is not good at all.

Lame. Sorry bro.

Its what it is I suppose.

I promised her a Camaro for her graduation, but, for now I think we'll get her something that can for sure get form point A to point B in the OK winter (ie 4WD). We've got cash saved up for residency interviews, worst case we use that and she has to take out more school loans. Sucks to take more, but it is what it is.

Don't know if this is ok to post but we got snow yesterday. SNOW. October 5 2011. :| Ugh.
Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and over 20 degrees (Celsius)/over 68F though (horaay!).

Don't know if this is ok to post but we got snow yesterday. SNOW. October 5 2011. :| Ugh.
Tomorrow's forecast is sunny and over 20 degrees (Celsius)/over 68F though (horaay!).
That's the worst post I've ever read. Damn Flashy....one quick question, why do you live there still? I get asked the same thing all the time!

Wife's 06 HHR is starting to die on us. Just hit 100k and not only is the catalytic converter going out its leaking oil now. The plan was to wait until the new year and get her into something else (it'd be paid off in december) but that may have just been bumped up.

Talk about a kick to the balls with all the residency interviews coming up, this is not good at all.

Leaking oil or burning oil?

I went to McDonalds because there was a sign for the McRib. They didnt have them. This was upsetting, I hate false advertising.

Leaking oil or burning oil?

Leaking. I'm not there so I'm only going through relays of the father in law and we hadn't noticed any on the driveway though.

Either way, its probably time anyways. Just sucks, reeeeeeally wanted to last until then new year.

Leaking. I'm not there so I'm only going through relays of the father in law and we hadn't noticed any on the driveway though.

Either way, its probably time anyways. Just sucks, reeeeeeally wanted to last until then new year.

Interesting. I was thinking burning oil as it seems the converter shouldn't be dying after only 5 years.

Hope you can find something cheap and reliable.

Interesting. I was thinking burning oil as it seems the converter shouldn't be dying after only 5 years.

Hope you can find something cheap and reliable.

Yeah, looking at Jeep Liberty's now in 4WD, decent enough mileage, good warranty, and the 4WD she needs in the winter. Leaning towards trading mine in this spring/summer for something for her and me taking the Jeep, I'd be cool with that deal.

Who knows though, bad things seem to always be around the corner to kick us where it counts, alas, it'll all work out.

i caught something and am getting sick... uggggh
scratchy throat
coughing in the middle of the night
eyes bloodshot and i can feel my sinus's backing up
this really sucks

Oreos suck. They are the best cookie in the world, but after I eat them, I an never get the last bit of chocolate out of my mouth. I just brushed my teeth twice and rinsed out my mouth for about 5 minutes and my spit is still tinted slightly brown and I can still taste the chocolate mixed with the mint of my toothpaste. Why does this happen? What is this cruel, sick joke that Nabisco is playing on life?

I'm at the airport. Do I need to say anything else. Only place you can spend a decent amount of money and expect to be treated poorly.

Tapatalk

Yeah after a month of going 2-3x a week he said 'there's nothing more I can do for you'. It's not a spine issue it's a disc issue. Getting old blows

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Sorry to hear the back is still giving you fits hawk. I was just going to rant about the nasty rain on my day off, but suddenly don't seem quit so bad.

I've been through some of that and not much sucks worst than disk pain.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Good god, that effing sinus infection is back in full force. I felt it coming yesterday, and now it is here.

OK, so this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and its my favorite holiday of the year. Of course we then have Halloween, and then its Christmas. I have a rule about Christmas in our house, we don't celebrate anything to do with it, until December 1st, I just can't stand how long christmas now goes on, and I feel that a month of celebrating is more than enough. So finally now we get to my rant, I quit smoking about 3-4 months ago and as you would expect I put on a few pounds and I have over the last couple of weeks, started working those pounds off, but now what do I see in the grocery store shelves....EGG NOG!!!!! I freaking love egg nog, its my kryptonite. So I finally start losing weight again and now I definatly wont be for the forseeable future thanks to my fatty nog friend. OH well.

OK, so this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and its my favorite holiday of the year. Of course we then have Halloween, and then its Christmas. I have a rule about Christmas in our house, we don't celebrate anything to do with it, until December 1st, I just can't stand how long christmas now goes on, and I feel that a month of celebrating is more than enough. So finally now we get to my rant, I quit smoking about 3-4 months ago and as you would expect I put on a few pounds and I have over the last couple of weeks, started working those pounds off, but now what do I see in the grocery store shelves....EGG NOG!!!!! I freaking love egg nog, its my kryptonite. So I finally start losing weight again and now I definatly wont be for the forseeable future thanks to my fatty nog friend. OH well.

I'm with you CB, this my fav time of year and I love the Eggnog. I have found low fat offerings at my local grocer. Still will need to work out after holidays

Kongfrontation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back