MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time the Brewers and Cards played, the brew crew was beat in 7 to go to the world series. I think its the turn of the small market team to take the grand stage.

classic stat about a-rod and ryan howard being the last out back to back years.
If you're having a party and don't want a-rod to show up schedule it for october, he never shows up in october.

If I was a phillies fan I'd blame thainer hehe

I love it! I have no interest in either team but I love it when the team that shouldn't, does!

I feel bad though b/c I like the pitchers on the Phillies, they sure can bring it but I love watching superstars choke when it's time to earn that money. I have no interest in baseball whatsoever but the Yankees and the Phillies are gone johnson and that's great to me. How about that NL Central. I always feel bad for my Cubbies sucking so much, but hey, it's kind of hard to be successful when two teams out of your division face off in the NLCS.

Man what an epic pitching duel between 2 friends. I can't believe with that talent that the Blue Jays did not do better when Halladay and Carp were there. I don't think I have any nails left after biting them all night. We get Pujols for a few more games at Busch!! Just imagine if Wainwright had not gotten hurt

I'm think of a friendly wager on the series, thoughts?
Man what an epic pitching duel between 2 friends. I can't believe with that talent that the Blue Jays did not do better when Halladay and Carp were there. I don't think I have any nails left after biting them all night. We get Pujols for a few more games at Busch!! Just imagine if Wainwright had not gotten hurt

chunky, are you a Cardinal fan?

Kind of funny how the 'best' division in baseball has zero teams in the LCS and the 'worst' division in baseball has two. I guess it doesn't really matter how the regular season plays out as long as you survive and get to the postseason.

Great game to watch. Told a friend at work yesterday that I was predicting a 2-0 Cardinals win with Carp throwing a 3 hitter. Kind of just said it as a supportive-of-the-team joke. Just glad I was right. Although I also predicted our 2 runs would be via solo homers, can't get them all right I guess.

I'm think of a friendly wager on the series, thoughts?

That could be fun. Lets come up with something fun

chunky, are you a Cardinal fan?

Big time. First team I picked as my favorite. Went to my first baseball game at Shea Stadium. Mets were playing the Cards. I for some reason just didn't like the hometown team so I rooted for the Cards that day. That was 1979. Been a fan ever since

I'm thinking the loser has to wear the winners team hat during demo days at the outing.
That could be fun. Lets come up with something fun

Big time. First team I picked as my favorite. Went to my first baseball game at Shea Stadium. Mets were playing the Cards. I for some reason just didn't like the hometown team so I rooted for the Cards that day. That was 1979. Been a fan ever since

That's cool chunky. I love hearing how/why people become fans of teams. I've always been a Cubs fan. I use to be pretty good at baseball as a youngster and was obsessed with it. Growing up we had basic cable and we had WGN TV so every afternoon I'd watch Cubs games. I became obsessed with Mark Grace (I was a 1st baseman) and literally mimic'd the guy. Oh, the Cubbies! Funny thing is: I don't hate the Cards or the Brewers, even though they're division rivals. I hate the Braves (everyone I grew up with jumped on that bandwagon in the early 90's) and the Yankees with a passion.

Awww Chunky I'd love to have you in the ranks of my fellow Mets fans! Congrats on the Cards though. It was a great game.

The worst part about the Phillies and the Yankees losing? I bet we hear questions all winter about the MLB's system because the big market teams didn't/couldn't win (Red Sox didn't make playoffs, Phils and Yanks lost). I love it though.

Number one....Make is so (star trek reference)

Hmm making Star Trek references and my Cards wear red shirts. Not sure I like that!!

That's cool chunky. I love hearing how/why people become fans of teams. I've always been a Cubs fan. I use to be pretty good at baseball as a youngster and was obsessed with it. Growing up we had basic cable and we had WGN TV so every afternoon I'd watch Cubs games. I became obsessed with Mark Grace (I was a 1st baseman) and literally mimic'd the guy. Oh, the Cubbies! Funny thing is: I don't hate the Cards or the Brewers, even though they're division rivals. I hate the Braves (everyone I grew up with jumped on that bandwagon in the early 90's) and the Yankees with a passion.

I think most everyone that isn't a Yankees fan hates the Yankees. At least that I've encountered.

And as a Cubbies fan how do you feel about Bartman? I watched a documentary on him the other night and it was fantastic.

I don't hate the Cubbies either. Back in the day it was the Mets/Cards so that is the team I had hatred for. I can't really say there is a team I hate in baseball. Well maybe the Reds because of douchey Cueto. I loved lefty hitters dude. Grace was awesome but my all time fav is The Thrill. That dude had a sweet swing and was so intense!!

I think most everyone that isn't a Yankees fan hates the Yankees. At least that I've encountered.

And as a Cubbies fan how do you feel about Bartman? I watched a documentary on him the other night and it was fantastic.

I think just about 99% of any other fan would've done the same thing. Isn't that why we take our gloves to ball games?

I don't hate the Cubbies either. Back in the day it was the Mets/Cards so that is the team I had hatred for. I can't really say there is a team I hate in baseball. Well maybe the Reds because of douchey Cueto. I loved lefty hitters dude. Grace was awesome but my all time fav is The Thrill. That dude had a sweet swing and was so intense!!

Dude, I hated that guy. 1989, watching him and Mark Grace battle it out in the NLCS was awesome. He could hit though, but I despised him.

It's sort of taken me awhile to gather my thoughts on this series. No one expected the Cardinals to win this series, but they showed heart. Carpenter had ice in his veins and I am not sure you could have asked for a better game.

Hats off to the Phillies as they are a phenomenal team and probably better "on paper" than the Cardinals, but momentum helps so much in a playoff push. This is my favorite Cardinals team in awhile!

Now to play milwaukee and if it wasn't for Nyjer Morgan I wouldnt even mind the Brewers at all, but he might be my least favorite player in baseball

Sidenote to last night's game: Ryan Howard is going to have an MRI, but the fears are that he tore his Achilles tendon on the final at-bat last night. If that's true, he's out until about mid-season next year. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how the Phillies do in his absence, will show how valuable he is, for better or worse.

Sidenote to last night's game: Ryan Howard is going to have an MRI, but the fears are that he tore his Achilles tendon on the final at-bat last night. If that's true, he's out until about mid-season next year. If that's the case, it will be interesting to see how the Phillies do in his absence, will show how valuable he is, for better or worse.

It is so unfortunate because he is a saint Louis native and seems like a good guy. When it first happened I figured he was trying to pretend the ball hit him, but turns out much worse. I think mabry jr. Will be playing first for a bit now

Nice rangers win! My dads client Is their clubhouse manager so a cards rangers world series would be nice! Would get some free tickets more than likely

Win or lose, John Axford has an excellent mustache.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back