A Happy THP Anniversary

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It was just 3 short years ago that the THP forum burst onto the scene as an alternative to those wanting to discuss the golf lifestyle, equipment and tours around the world. It was set on by ideals that some people wanted something a little different and in some ways a little more of a "family" out of their online golf needs. Through the wonderful members that come and join us each and every day, THP has grown into the site that it is.

The things that have transformed our lives through these 3 years have been staggering and I often reminisce about the growth.
The annual golf outing & demo day that was a dream came to reality.
The Morgan Cup was born and will continue.
The forum review process came into reality to compliment the home page.
THP grew and added a digital newsletter and multiple podcasts.
Golfer Gal and myself shared our wedding with the forum.
And last but not least, I get to share my career with my best friend and partner.

All of this takes us back to thanking each and every person that comes to THP for different reasons. From the time we first saw 100 readers in a day to now seeing thousands upon thousands each week come and read this site it has been a wonderful ride that we could not do without each one of you.

Each member that makes a post on THP, means something special to us. You are family to us and we will always give back to our family the only way we know how. Through hard work and creativity to give you something different at THP. I think back to last year when we said "You ain't seen nothing yet" and then announced The Morgan Cup and the excitement that ensued. Well, stay tuned everybody, because you never know what is coming soon.

Thank you all for your contributions to this site. Its because of you that we are here today and we cannot thank you enough. While to some its just an online outlet to chat about a game we all love, to others its a family of people that get together once a year for a special reunion. I urge you all to share your stories of how you found THP and/or what THP means to you. The slogan "Don't Just Play Golf, Live It" means more than we know and those stories are always special.

Love,
Your THP Family

:clapp::clapp::clapp:

A most well deserved congratulations indeed!!!

This is a great site, I've learned so much. Congratulations!

Great post JB but it should be us thanking you for creating THP and the family that it has become. This is the place I come to spend my free time and have made countless friends and countless hours of good times.

Congrats on 3 great years and I know this is just the beginning.

Very cool indeed. I can honestly say I love this place and all it stands for, its a wonderful place for sure.

To see its growth like it has been from just the time that I'be been here has been incredible.

A very well deserved Congratulations!!!

Congrats THP! Amazing accomplishments for 3 short years. Here's to many more!
:drinks:

Congratulations to everyone that makes this site happen. This is the No.1 golf board on the internet for a very good reason. Congrat's on 3 years and here is to many more!
:drinks:

Happy Anniversary!!

A Happy Anniversary to all things THP, and a BIG Thank You to everyone who puts so much in to this site. From JB & GG, to the Staff & Mods, and to the rest of the THP family, thanks for making this such a special place to be a part of.

Congrats from someone that reads and has learned quite a bit in a short time!

Amazing and I'm really honor and blessed I even found this great site and become apart of the best community on the web. JB and GG do so much behind the scenes and make this place just an amazing place to be. The staff is wonder and so is everyone in the community. When I talk to you guys I feel like i'm talking to family members, because it is so open and respectful here unlike a lot of other online communities. Thanks for everything you guys do JB and GG and congrats on the amazing success of THP. I will be here forever.

congrats to THP on this milestone, theres no better site out there anywhere!

Congrats THP! Happy Anniversary!!

Congrats to THP! JB and GG, you guys have really created something special here. Thank you for all of the hard work and dedication it takes to keep a forum like this up and running.

First off, wow, and congratulations! Secondly, thank you, for all you do for all of us. It is easy for us to forget how much work this is for you all because this is where we come to have fun, joke around, and chat with good friends. About a year ago Chunky says to me, "you gotta check out this golf forum, the people on it are just amazing." Well, a year later, I am still here because if amazing can be an ubderstatement, it is in this case. 1 year and 1 outing later, I can honestly say that there are some THP'ers that are family to me. People that I would go out of my way for, and do anything possible that I could if they needed me. Then you throw in things like the outing and demo day, The Morgan Cup, tetsing, contests, fantasy football, and so many other things that I cannot even come close to mentioning all of them, and this is just an amazing place. Another understatement with amazing. Thank you JB, GG, THP Staffers, and all of the other THP'ers out there, You all make this a place that I look forward to going to every day. Hope to see you all soon in person, and today and everyday, on THP!

Great post JB but it should be us thanking you for creating THP and the family that it has become. This is the place I come to spend my free time and have made countless friends and countless hours of good times.

Congrats on 3 great years and I know this is just the beginning.

I couldn't have said it better. Congrats THP!!

Congrats to the THP family :cake:

My hats off to JB and GG for everything they do! THP would be nothing without the hardwork of those 2 and having a dream like this come true must be something special!

GO THP

:banana::alien2::bananadance::alien2:

Happy Anniversary THP! I found THP from another less fun golf forum, there was someone on this other site that posted a thread asking the forum owner why he doesn't to XYZ like they're doing over at THP. I was like whoa....what? THP? After 1 stop here I was completely hooked and never looked back. I did go back long enough to see that the owner of the aforementioned site took down that post about THP as it seems like he wasn't happy with losing members as quickly as he was. From the very beginning I was blown away at how great everyone was to new members, there is nothing that drives me crazier than seeing a "newbie" treated like dirt. THP welcomes everyone with open arms and I love that about this place.

After being a member for a few months I emailed JB begging to be a part of this place, he was doing all the reviews on his own and lucky for me he needed some help. He and GolferGal welcomed me into their family as a staffer. Thank you guys for taking the chance on me, being involved around here is awesome! I love writing for THP and even more I love being a part of this great place!

Congrats JB and GG. I am just happy to be a part of it. I think it is really cool that 2 years ago today I got married so I share an anniversary with THP. Sounds lame but it's pretty cool for me.

I'm always amazed at what this place has become in such a short time.

I joined as a beginner just looking for some info on clubs. At the time, I was all over the internet, but the one thing that always stood out to me about THP was the friendliness. Such an amazing, diverse, and knowledgeable group of people. I remember being scared to pm JB a question and now I talk to him almost daily. This place is for real golfers that live and breathe the game without judging others around them. Remember than and cherish it. It's a rare and great thing to have!

This place has shaped me in more ways than I can even imagine. Aside from my family, I spend more time with you people than anybody. I could never thank JB and GolferGal enough for giving that to me. It's a great day to celebrate. Congrats to THP!

Great post JB.... Happy Anniversary.. and thank you for letting me into your family, i love it here! Although some child support would be nice so i could buy more clubs to try out! lol Seriously though thanks for all of your, GG, and the rest of the THP Staff for their hard work and dedication to make this the best golfing site on the web!

Thanks to both JB and GG, but I also want to add congratulations to all my fellow THP'ers. JB & GG direct this ship and make great things, sometimes impossible things possible for us all, and I couldn't say enough even though I've been here only a short time. But I also want to add that all you folks I meet and talk with in every thread have a great impact on us Newbies. I'm sure after JB & GG wipe the sweat away every night, they'd agree that without all the parts, it's not whole. Happy Anniversary to THP and all who've come before me.

So very awesome, congrats JB on the new milestone. As has been stated the big Thank You is from us to you for all that you and GG do, you two are tireless and have created what is easily the best golf website in the entire world. My only wish is that I had found it sooner. Keep up the great work.

applause.gif

Back