iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Went out for a quick 9 holes tonight.

Conditions: dry/soggy with sanddressed greens
Temp: 16 C.

I did put both of my Icaddies on my cart side by side. I played pretty good golf tonight after a couple of weeks with no golf. The course was pretty firm on the surface but as soon as you got through the turf it got pretty sticky and muddy. The Icaddi 2.0 felt a bit softer and did its job with my irons and cleaning balls. Actually both towels performed well, for me its more of personal choice if you like a longer towel or a more compact. Since I normally use a cart I prefer the longer model but with the softness of the 2.0.

Mike, you guys have a winner imo with the 2.0. Personally I would go for the players towel as mentioned above. When these two wears out I´ll get me a player 2.0 (Or maybe there´s a 3.0 by then):act-up:

Once again thank you for letting us testdrive your babies on the course and report our findings here on the forum!

Bumping.

I'll be getting out this weekend and run another test. The towel has been holding up good with no problems in terms of having dirt on the towel after use/cleaning.

Hey TH, you ever find another place to hit balls?

Haha no I didnt. Everywhere around here is mats.

Update: Went and played 12 holes with Smallville on Friday and 18 this morning. This towel is holding up really well still. In fact I feel like the more I use it the better it has been. After getting cleaned a few times the fabric has sort of softened up even more and I feel like I am getting into the grooves really well. So far so good for the new iCaddi.

I hope some of you are considering buying one as I dont think you will be dissapointed.

Finally remembered to order thanks to you guys bumping the thread. Got the original towel in blue since the new one wasn't in stock. Looking forward to trying it out!

Finally remembered to order thanks to you guys bumping the thread. Got the original towel in blue since the new one wasn't in stock. Looking forward to trying it out!

Awesome Hawk! Please post your thoughts and let us know

I will for sure. I meant to do it awhile ago, but kept forgetting. The site was a little wonky with Chrome, fyi.

Played a quick 9 today, and I think I only used my icaddi once. With the cooler temps and wind, everything is completely dried out. I still absolutley love the towel and am looking forward to using it for 4 rounds in a row in 2 weeks, in the north GA mountains.

Was able to play 9 holes earlier in the week. I am noticing that v2 of the iCaddi does seem to be more plush after more use.

As far as the question of the caribiner Vs lanyard, I think either works fine.

i10/6/2011
iCaddi 2.0

I have not cleaned my towel in two weeks, and was able to play 18 this morning. With it near 80 in the afternoons and mid 40s at night, everything was covered in plenty of dew this morning. The towel worked great at always, but was more damp than normal, due to the wet conditions. Here is the towel when I got home:

6217639722_d8b61eb0ce_z.jpg

And after cleaning it:

6217640018_3a287744a2_z.jpg

This towel continues to amaze me. It is very well made, and it should have no problem lasting for 4 rounds next weekend.

I really can't wait to get my towel.

Edited to remove a sentence.

Last edited:
I really can't wait to get my towel. Just saw that it shipped yesterday. I'd love too see it a little speedier than that, but I understand they are still pretty new.

That is awesome Hawk. I think you will love it. I showed mine to TC and he said it was to much work for his lazy a$$. HAHA

I really can't wait to get my towel. Just saw that it shipped yesterday. I'd love too see it a little speedier than that, but I understand they are still pretty new.

That is a bit slow on the shipping, but still excited to see your feedback! I am playing by myself this afternoon so hopefully I wont get paired up and can do some taping and stuff.

Haha no I didnt. Everywhere around here is mats.

Update: Went and played 12 holes with Smallville on Friday and 18 this morning. This towel is holding up really well still. In fact I feel like the more I use it the better it has been. After getting cleaned a few times the fabric has sort of softened up even more and I feel like I am getting into the grooves really well. So far so good for the new iCaddi.

I hope some of you are considering buying one as I dont think you will be dissapointed.

Both of these places would be a drive for you, but if you're looking for a grass range, try Falcon Lakes or Smiley's.

I am reposting my offer to any THP'r out there that would like to try the original version of the iCaddi towel in black.
I have the 2nd version on my bag and it will be staying there for continuous testing and use.
Who wants it?

I edited my last post. I actually got my towel today, so the shipping email I got was just a little behind. Looks nice and is really soft. I'll be checking it out on the range this weekend.

I used this towel a lot over the weekend and it's a pretty neat product.

- The pocket stays wet for a long time. I actually filled it early one morning and it was still wet in the mid afternoon.
- Definitely nice to have at the range when you are really dirtying up your clubs. It works well.
- I used it to clean my clubs after the weekend and it was easy and effective. Doesn't clean my grooves, but I've always used a brush for that.

Dislikes:
-It is a little bit of work since you have to remember to have a bottle of water available and need to unfold it to dry out afterwards.
-It kept getting bunched up, which was a little annoying. I put a carabiner in the hole at the back-top part of the towel. This has kept it together for me.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I usually just didn't bother with a wet towel and it's nice to have one on the bag.

Awesome Hawk! Glad you are liking it so far! As for the bottle of water, I would suggest soaking the towel before the round and it makes life much easier.

The bunching is a pain, but I saw the carabiner helped that quite a bit at least in my case. I am letting a friend use the old iCaddi and cant wait to see what he thinks about it.

Did you put the carabiner in hole at the top-back part as well?

Never mind.

Last edited:
Did you put the carabiner in hole at the top-back part as well?

Yes I did Hawk. Found it works much better than the included lanyard

Last edited:
Yes I did Hanks. Found it works much better than the included lanyard

Why I oughta....

I have the landyard in the front set of holes and put a carabiner in the back set just to hold it together better.

No worries ;)

I am glad I picked this up. It's a neat product and the company really seems consumer friendly. I like supporting people like that.

No worries ;)

I am glad I picked this up. It's a neat product and the company really seems consumer friendly. I like supporting people like that.

Another great thing about THP. Gives us opprotunities to learn about companies we may have otherwise never have heard of

Played 9 last sunday with the Icaddi 2.0 and it worked like a charm as usual. Now this was probably the last round of the year for me since its getting too cold. Even if I do get to play some more it won´t include a wet Icaddi, since its freezing.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank THP and Vatten Inc for letting me test the Icaddi. I would also like to thank everyone for reading and staying tuned to this thread, and of course my co-testers - you guys have been awesome!! I´ll be hanging around this thread answering any questions you might have.

Thank you all!
McK

I really like this towel. It's actually replaced the two that I used to carry, so my bag is less cluttered.

Back