Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. Puttin4Prag would be a bit over the line?
Call me whatever you want, I'm pretty thick skinned.

Really gives a new meaning to the term Jake Straight.
That Jake Straight and my golf Jake Straight are two VERY different things thank you!

Whoa, whoa whoa... TMod here. I think we can safely now definite prag.

No Jake I don't think he was either! We're a team. he was just saying he can't wait to take down the tower of GA Power if he gets in :)
Thanks for clearing that up buddy, I knew I could count on you!

This was a fun read. I'm here for the rest of the afternoon now.

How about all you keyboard captains post your:

Handicaps
Home course rating/slope
Height of any and all trees on course
Width of all fairways
Number of water hazards
Type and condition of grass
Number of bunkers, quality of sand, and sand save %
GIR and FIR %
Putts per GIR

Should be a fun way for all of you to pat yourselves on the back. When you're done you can step back and remember that you still weren't good enough to be part of the future winning team!

that just seems like way too much work right now

I know you didnt ask me Hawk but I will anyway!

Solid numbers, but not quite good enough for a true internet golfer. I'd like to see those FIAR and GIAR up near 96%. There are nothing but near perfect golfers that we will be going up against :devil:

Have you played it?

I have not. Are you saying that it is just as narrow as Pinehurst 1-8? It certainly does not appear to be. This is not a condemnation of GC in any way, and I can't wait to play there in May.

I have not. Are you saying that it is just as narrow as Pinehurst 1-8? It certainly does not appear to be. This is not a condemnation of GC in any way, and I can't wait to play there in May.

I dont think it is. However I do think there is more trouble and harder overall on the South course.

Solid numbers, but not quite good enough for a true internet golfer. I'd like to see those FIAR and GIAR up near 96%. There are nothing but near perfect golfers that we will be going up against :devil:

Well that is definitely my goal Hawk!

Hey Yorkiepoo GC is one of the most narrow wide open tracks you'll ever want to play. The fairways are ample but the rough will penalize you 1/2 to a stroke deending on where you hit it. Is it narrow like tree lined narrow, no. But the water, bunkers, strategic dog legs, forced carries make it pretty darn narrow. Just saying

This should probably be in the outing thread, but, if it means getting a round in with you, absolutely. Of course, I don't exactly consider GC narrow by any means, and that is where I might have had an advantage. Either way, it will be a blast to tee it up with you.

I dont think it is. However I do think there is more trouble and harder overall on the South course.

I don't doubt that it is very difficult. The thing I was looking for were really tight fairways thinking it would give Jake some trouble off of the tee, and thus give me a shot at keeping up with him on the course. That's all.

Hey Yorkiepoo GC is one of the most narrow wide open tracks you'll ever want to play. The fairways are ample but the rough will penalize you 1/2 to a stroke deending on where you hit it. Is it narrow like tree lined narrow, no. But the water, bunkers, strategic dog legs, forced carries make it pretty darn narrow. Just saying

Impossible. Bratwurst #4 is where it's at.

Handicaps Better than who I am playing
Home course rating/slope Harder than anyone elses.
Height of any and all trees on course Doesnt matter I can hit over all of them.
Width of all fairways Doesnt matter, I hit it dead center of all fairways
Number of water hazards Never counted, I never hit in to them.
Type and condition of grass Whatever the most difficult kind is
Number of bunkers, quality of sand, and sand save % Never counted, I never hit in them. But if I did, it would be 100%
GIR and FIR % 100%
Putts per GIR I usually hole out, rarely have to putt.

Should be a fun way for all of you to pat yourselves on the back. When you're done you can step back and remember that you still weren't good enough to be part of the future winning team!

Ok, got my internet golf stats up.

(obvious sarcasm here)

I don't doubt any of this post buddy. I was literally making reference to P4B's home course with its 1 tree on it, and how a tree lined course would give him fits.

ooooohhhh, my bad...plenty of trees, you'll be fine, carry on!

I don't doubt any of this post buddy. I was literally making reference to P4B's home course with its 1 tree on it, and how a tree lined course would give him fits.

How bout those Rangers!!!!

Sorry, wrong thread........please continue the bantering.

Thanks Biggsy! Probably one of the better things I have come up with in my life.
Doubt that my man, but definitely makes the short list.

Don't underestimate ole Jakey boy, just sayin'. When Jrod was draining everything from 20' and in on the last 4 holes to pull CB and him out of the slow death we were giving them, he rose to the occasion. I think he likes being underestimated.

I'm wondering what the next big announcement will be. I bet it's the course and/or the date. Presumably, you'll need the course before the dates.

Handicaps 9.8
Home course rating/slope Play all different courses
Height of any and all trees on course real tall
Width of all fairways all different but mostly narrow
Number of water hazards not that many
Type and condition of grass no clue
Number of bunkers, quality of sand, and sand save % decent amount and almost all with crappy wet sand
GIR and FIR % FIR over 50% GIR 45%
Putts per GIR 2.1

Questions answered. Looks like I might need some good players to compete.

Doubt that my man, but definitely makes the short list.

Don't underestimate ole Jakey boy, just sayin'. When Jrod was draining everything from 20' and in on the last 4 holes to pull CB and him out of the slow death we were giving them, he rose to the occasion. I think he likes being underestimated.

All joking and trash talk aside, that is a moment I will remember for a long time. I loved the charge that was in the air on that 18th green. Jake really showed his metal that day... to bad it was a one time thing.

All joking and trash talk aside, that is a moment I will remember for a long time. I loved the charge that was in the air on that 18th green. Jake really showed his metal that day... to bad it was a one time thing.
I remember looking at you and mouthing WTF and how bad my hand hurt after he tried to remove it from my wrist. Loved seeing his passion and energy come out that day. I love Jake, I just don't have the heart to trash talk him...yet.

I'm wondering what the next big announcement will be. I bet it's the course and/or the date. Presumably, you'll need the course before the dates.

Not sure if it matters each way. I think it'd be easier for those wanting to participate to have the date first so they know when they'll need to schedule off if they get selected. (Side note, please don't be the weekend of my wedding. I'll be miserable as it is, let's not double whammy me here)

I remember looking at you and mouthing WTF and how bad my hand hurt after he tried to remove it from my wrist. Loved seeing his passion and energy come out that day. I love Jake, I just don't have the heart to trash talk him...yet.

He is like a big, bald teddy bear. I think he is more dangerous to play with than to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back