Miyazaki Kusala Indigo Shafts - Preview

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
The newest line of shafts from Miyazaki arrived at casa de TC for review. I was fortunate enough to receive the Kusala Indigo Series in bot stiff and xstiff flexes. The stiff flex is a 61gram shaft, and came to me at 46'' in length, with an Int'l flex code of 5555. The xstiff flex shaft is a 56g shaft, also 46'' in length, with an Int'l flex code of 7777. The xstiff shaft has my interest almost immediately b/c it's not in the 70+ gram range. That's kind of rare for an xstiff shaft and I can't wait to give this one a run.

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

I'm really digging the graphics and art work on the Indigo series. Obviously, art work was done by Kusala, and it sure is a great next step from the Black series. Less lightning and more of a wave/water type pattern. It really is stunning. The random accents of silver flake rock and I can't stop looking at it. I tried to get this depicted in this photo:

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

I've always felt like if you have something that you love looking at that it gives you an extra sense of confidence and these shafts certainly do that for me. My next step will be to get them both cut down to 45'', gripped, tipped and ready for some testing. I just couldn't wait to share some pictures with all of you.

Awesome pics TC! These things are gorgeous! I cant wait to see the results dude

Those look sick TC. I would love to see those in person sometime. I can't wait to hear your reviews about these awesome looking shafts.

Artwork on them is top notch! Know what they will be going into yet?

Artwork on them is top notch! Know what they will be going into yet?

They'll be getting tipped and testing will be conducted in a Taylormade R9.

Dude, you KNOW I'll be paying close attention to this one buddy.

those look great bro. I really cant wait to hear what you have to say on these

Love those pics TC, looking forward to hearing how they work out for you.

No one can touch Miyazaki in the looks department. Really looking forward to you thoughts on these great-looking shafts!

Dude, you KNOW I'll be paying close attention to this one buddy.

You mean you own others clubs aside from putters? I thought you just had a bag full of putters... heh. These things look SICK!! I am so hoping to hit these at the demo day.

I can't wait to see those pictures. This should be a really, really good one to follow.

looking forward to your thoughts TC im looking for a new shaft for my superfast. What are they retailing for?

You mean you own others clubs aside from putters? I thought you just had a bag full of putters... heh. These things look SICK!! I am so hoping to hit these at the demo day.

I have hit one of my non collector putters 180 off a tee before LOL.

You sir, are just jealous!

Back to the Miya's...they look absolutely stunning IMO.

looking forward to your thoughts TC im looking for a new shaft for my superfast. What are they retailing for?

Don't know for sure buddy. Previous lines retailed for $250 I believe.

Beautiful!!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these

TC I am excited to hear more about these shafts. I am really surprised that the X is so light. This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I am excited to see what you find.

Don't know for sure buddy. Previous lines retailed for $250 I believe.

Thanks i guess ill start saving.

TC I am excited to hear more about these shafts. I am really surprised that the X is so light. This seems counter-intuitive to me, but I am excited to see what you find.

While I agree a bit, I kind of don't with this one. I mean, having a flex code of 7777 is probably what makes it stiffer as opposed to just weight.

those look awesome TC. Can't wait to hear what kind of performance you are getting from them

Im curious as to why? If you listen to the THP Radio show discussing shafts and answering reader questions, they point out that overall weight has little to do with flex.

Im curious as to why? If you listen to the THP Radio show discussing shafts and answering reader questions, they point out that overall weight has little to do with flex.

Mainly just because that is the way it usually is. If you look at most other shafts, the X flex is heavier than the S flex. My comment is based more on convention than anything. I am excited to see companies challanging conventions, but it seems to me that many golfers looking for an aftermarket X flex shaft are going to be surprised by and maybe even cautious about a lighter shaft.

Nice, can't wait to hear your thoughts. Those shafts are beautiful

tapatalk addict....

Gpod job with the pics dude, those little details really stand out. This shaft is a little over my head but as always I look forward to your thoughts. Very neat with the weight differences, that should be an interesting aspect off the process.

Man o man and I'm excited to hear about these shafts. I'm thinking about these a lot and can't wait to hear how they perform. Good luck TC and wonderful pictures so far!

Back