The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garmin is the best one Ive used on the iPhone and its only $29 too. Just look at the pictures, its exactly like the stand alone ones they sell. Ive used it now multiple times without issue.

The Tom Tom app on the iPhone is the best one I have used. The map corrections that automatically update is key for me also. I will probably just wait until the iOS5 is jailbroken.

The Tom Tom app on the iPhone is the best one I have used. The map corrections that automatically update is key for me also. I will probably just wait until the iOS5 is jailbroken.

You mean the route updating when you take a different road? They all do that. Or map updates?

ok so after updating itunes it wont let be DL ios5. Its teling me 4.3.5 is the latest update available. Worst.

ok so after updating itunes it wont let be DL ios5. Its teling me 4.3.5 is the latest update available. Worst.

It did that to me for a while after 1pm. I closed iTunes and opened it again, then tried update and it pulled it.

It did to me all morning. It is now downloading the ios5. keep trying!

Anyone else make the jump from a blackberry to the iPhone on verizon? I'm wondering how easy the transfer of contacts/phone data is.

Anyone else make the jump from a blackberry to the iPhone on verizon? I'm wondering how easy the transfer of contacts/phone data is.

How do you have your BB synced? To something like outlook?

You mean the route updating when you take a different road? They all do that. Or map updates?

Map updates as well as people entering map corrections. I have it turned on and whenever I open the app it does a quick update.

Verizon will usually transfer over contacts for you. They did from my BB Storm to my DroidX and I didn't have any issue.

I did that exact jump, except that I didn't bother with my contacts.. I had a big purge of names so I did it manually.

How do you have your BB synced? To something like outlook?

I have them synced to the backup assistant online. Wondering if the iPhone would have that on it?

Verizon will usually transfer over contacts for you. They did from my BB Storm to my DroidX and I didn't have any issue.

I pre-ordered my phone online so wont be in the store to have them transfer anything unfortunately.

I did that exact jump, except that I didn't bother with my contacts.. I had a big purge of names so I did it manually.

I probably should do that but I'm waaay too lazy and will be too pre-occupied with all the awesomeness that will be my first iPhone to care about who I talk to and who I dont any more haha.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to get all the pictures off my BB memory card and onto my the new phone. Any suggestions? Probably something as simple as copying them to my computer and then onto the iPhone?

I probably should do that but I'm waaay too lazy and will be too pre-occupied with all the awesomeness that will be my first iPhone to care about who I talk to and who I dont any more haha.

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to get all the pictures off my BB memory card and onto my the new phone. Any suggestions? Probably something as simple as copying them to my computer and then onto the iPhone?

http://www.ehow.com/how_6187946_transfer-blackberry-contacts-iphone.html

That should help with the contacts part. For pictures, I'd do exactly what you said and just plug in your BB, dig through the folders until you find the picture folder, copy them off onto your desktop, then import them via iTunes. That'd be quickest way IMO.

I am downloading iOS 5 now. It said something about having to transfer my paid apps, does anyone know what they mean by that and what I need to do?

It should do it for you after it restores your phone, loads up iOS 5, and then you log in and put them all back on.
I am downloading iOS 5 now. It said something about having to transfer my paid apps, does anyone know what they mean by that and what I need to do?

It did the same thing for me, just continue on with it. It will back them up on iTunes. If for some reason the paid apps go missing, you can re-download from the App Store for free.

I'm not sure what that means, but I would like to know because I will be downloading iOS 5 shortly and I don't want this to happen to me.

My iOS 5 just finished downloading, installing now.

If a paid app is missing, go to it in the app store and click on the "buy" again, once you click on that you will get a popup that says "This update is free, as you have already purchased this app."

What that means is you paid for apps on your iPhone and they need to transferred to itunes. It will delete them if you dont transfer them to itunes at some point.

It just finished but said my phone couldn't be restored on iTunes so I am trying to download it again. I just downloaded the newest version of iTunes before doing this update. I don't know why it's doing this.

It just finished but said my phone couldn't be restored on iTunes so I am trying to download it again. I just downloaded the newest version of iTunes before doing this update. I don't know why it's doing this.

I was having that problem earlier. I reinstalled iTunes, did a force backup of my iPhone, then tried it. So far, it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back