Big Break Ireland [Spoilers]

It's odd how fast things got heated between the two teams. Now for a little offtopic item, I DVR'd this weeks episode and watched it this morning before work. Amazing how little action is in one episode, I think there was somewhere around 20mins of actual golf activity. I think I'm done watching it on it's scheduled time, DVR only....

It's odd how fast things got heated between the two teams. Now for a little offtopic item, I DVR'd this weeks episode and watched it this morning before work. Amazing how little action is in one episode, I think there was somewhere around 20mins of actual golf activity. I think I'm done watching it on it's scheduled time, DVR only....

I couldn't watch this show in real time DVR is the way to go.

That's the only way I watch it also.

I will be glad when Mark is off the show! Really starting to not like him at all. Other than that I really don't have a favorite.

DVR it, and start watching it about 40 minutes after it starts, it will end at the same time.

That's the only way I watch it also.

I will be glad when Mark is off the show! Really starting to not like him at all. Other than that I really don't have a favorite.
mallory_blackwelder.jpg

So Bennett has appendicitis, that's pretty serious. People used to die from it, like Houdini. Hate to see anyone lose out on a break like this because of an unexpected illness. I hope his recovery went well.

Love the 6" cup. Would love to see how many putts would drop because of the larger cup. Although it wasn't helping them...hehe

At the third station...love seeing hole outs. Nice shot by Nicole.

Mallory's shot into the second elimination hole was great and matched by Kelly. Very clutch under the circumstances when your opponent is sitting 10'. Came down to putting and Mallory drained hers for the W.

Mallory staving off eliminations is only making her stronger. She's one to watch.

Couple of thoughts and observations: They look really cold. Maybe it's why they are being so chippy when they get next to each other. Smurfit course name makes me giggle, it's quite smurfy. Kelly is using that blue Matrix shaft in her driver, it's also smurfy.

Someone should have been brought back in Bennett's spot...maybe that will still happen, it has in the past.

Dear TGC...more golf, less skills!!!!

Once you go Big Break dvr, you can't watch it live. Way too many commercials.

Mark has caused the team to lose 2 weeks in a row now, has been playing crappy and yet still no one calls him out

Kelly is using that blue Matrix shaft in her driver, it's also smurfy.

I noticed that myself last night. Was sorry to see her go.

Mark has caused the team to lose 2 weeks in a row now, has been playing crappy and yet still no one calls him out

no kidding, he looks like me out there trying to hit a green lol

I couldn't watch this show in real time DVR is the way to go.

Once you go Big Break dvr, you can't watch it live. Way too many commercials.

There should be a disclaimer on this show warning people to set their DVR to watch this.

Yes, Whitney would replace Bennett, not Annie. My mistake. I posted last week that I couldn't keep track of who is on which team. I guess I proved it.
You think someone is coming back in Bennett's place?

Here's a behind the scene video of the Big Break glass break challenge and how they execute it on the show.
http://www.golfchannel.com/media/big-break-ireland-glass-break-bts-092011/
Thanks for posting that. That was quite interesting. There is a lot of work that goes into and a lot of waiting. It makes sense now. I bet impatient players really struggle in this competition.

Wow, 60-70 people on the crew.

All I have to say is, the next person to pick Mallory for an elimination challenge better pack their bags first, 'cause their going home!

BBI-1.jpg

Snapped this pic via our DVR. Agree, it's the best way to watch TV in general. But can't figure out how to make this pic smaller, sorry for taking up the entire screen!.

All I have to say is, the next person to pick Mallory for an elimination challenge better pack their bags first, 'cause their going home!
Snapped this pic via our DVR. Agree, it's the best way to watch TV in general. But can't figure out how to make this pic smaller, sorry for taking up the entire screen!.

I agree! and perfectly fine for her to take up the entire screen.

BBI-1.jpg

I LOVE seeing the Golf4Her logo on there, that is awesome!

Don't blink you'll miss it. Haha. Big Break rules only allowed the logo to be 1"x1" (crazy small). It's a good thing we have a big TV!

1X1, very interesting to know

I think they used the 6 inch cups to set up the final challenge, the one where you had to chip it in. With a regulation sized cup that challenge could take forever unless you had top of the line pros, and even then it's not a cinch they hole it any time soon. Golf announcers forever overplay the angle of, "this is a chip you are trying to make." At one point years ago I decided to start counting how many times they said that before a shot actually went in. Over many tournaments I got to above 30 then got bored and quit counting.

If they had introduced the 6 inch cup solely for the chip-in challenge it would have seemed hokey and weak. I thought they did a good job of conditioning us to it earlier.

BTW, Annie Brophy is writing a diary every week on the Futures Tour website. Based on her entry after last week's show, I'm not sure Mallory isn't receiving a very favorable protective edit. Someone on another forum made the same observation last week but I didn't catch on until today, after reading Annie's words. Annie says Mallory was more upset and vocal than anyone after Bennett took sick and didn't have to play, describing it as unfair. Annie was already eliminated so Matt -- and others who were later eliminated-- must have described it to her.

There hasn't been any hint of reaction like that from Mallory in the version we've seen.

This season's show seems a little too contrived. Maybe that is a result of the editing.

Just finished watching the last episode, Mallory is certainly my favorite in this BB. I wish G4H were getting more visibility with their logos, TGC is really a troll for doing the 1X1 rule.

I think they used the 6 inch cups to set up the final challenge, the one where you had to chip it in. With a regulation sized cup that challenge could take forever unless you had top of the line pros, and even then it's not a cinch they hole it any time soon. Golf announcers forever overplay the angle of, "this is a chip you are trying to make." At one point years ago I decided to start counting how many times they said that before a shot actually went in. Over many tournaments I got to above 30 then got bored and quit counting.

If they had introduced the 6 inch cup solely for the chip-in challenge it would have seemed hokey and weak. I thought they did a good job of conditioning us to it earlier.

BTW, Annie Brophy is writing a diary every week on the Futures Tour website. Based on her entry after last week's show, I'm not sure Mallory isn't receiving a very favorable protective edit. Someone on another forum made the same observation last week but I didn't catch on until today, after reading Annie's words. Annie says Mallory was more upset and vocal than anyone after Bennett took sick and didn't have to play, describing it as unfair. Annie was already eliminated so Matt -- and others who were later eliminated-- must have described it to her.

There hasn't been any hint of reaction like that from Mallory in the version we've seen.

I loved the 6" cup. There is a thread on THP about ideas to make the game go faster and the larger cup was one of them - clearly not a great one if the hole is placed in a diabolical position and you're under the gun!

As for Mal's reactions, The Big Break is a reality show first (with in the story of a golf competition) and I can't imagine her reactions would have been nearly as interesting as a story line in relation to the story arc as the negative feelings between the teams.

I am rooting for Mallory now, no turning back. I still like Nina too, but Mallory seems more sincere. BTW Golf4her I did think Mallory has been the best dressed of the episode so congrats to you, wish you much success.

I actually like the scruffy haired English kid. I can't recall his name. I don't think he's good enough to win but for some odd reason I like him. Mallory has some spunk, I like that.

Mallory was sporting that cool hat again. My wife hasn't been able to find it online. Even though Mallory twitted to war.eagle's wife that she bought it at Dick's and it was a Nike product.

Kevin

Back