The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading a nerd forum about it and what they THINK will happen is the iPhone5 will have a notification LED on the front, finally. And this is just the first step towards that.

I was just reading a nerd forum about it and what they THINK will happen is the iPhone5 will have a notification LED on the front, finally. And this is just the first step towards that.

Makes sense, go ahead and build it in to the operating system now, so it's ready to go when the iP5 is.

Ok so I did some test with a co-worker, the LED flashes like crazy for calls and with a text it does three quick flashes, which I like. Not sure I care for the strobe of death though. I turn my ringer off quite a bit so I can see it coming in handy.

Ok so I did some test with a co-worker, the LED flashes like crazy for calls and with a text it does three quick flashes, which I like. Not sure I care for the strobe of death though. I turn my ringer off quite a bit so I can see it coming in handy.

Odd that it does it for SMS, but not for email.

Odd that it does it for SMS, but not for email.

Agreed, Id like to see a couple flashes for email too. Hell, Id just like to be able to control it to some extent. Hence the bad word there, control.

Any issues I should know about before updating our 3GS's? Sounds like once it is in the overall function is better on the 3GS in spite of the age of the hardware. Figure I'll give it a try this weekend or during the day tomorrow during less peak times.

Agreed, Id like to see a couple flashes for email too. Hell, Id just like to be able to control it to some extent. Hence the bad word there, control.
I've done everything and don't see any flashers (lights Kev...although there are some cute girls here in the office...what was I saying...OH!). I don't think I really care though...I can't see a real need for it "in my game". I did, in fact, take a picture with the phone and it showed up on my iPad as well...pretty cool...

Those flashing lights seem like an interesting idea. I'd have to experience them before judging. I wonder how it would go over with the public.

Any issues I should know about before updating our 3GS's? Sounds like once it is in the overall function is better on the 3GS in spite of the age of the hardware. Figure I'll give it a try this weekend or during the day tomorrow during less peak times.

No issues so far with the 3GS and my wife is loving the new features like accessing messages through the lock screen and the camera as well.

For all the tech geeks out there... here's the teardown of the new iPhone 4S.

No issues so far with the 3GS and my wife is loving the new features like accessing messages through the lock screen and the camera as well.

For all the tech geeks out there... here's the teardown of the new iPhone 4S.

For some reason my phone is not giving me the option to access the camera from the lock screen.

I do LOVE that I can mark my emails as read rather than having to open each one. That used to drive me crazy.

For some reason my phone is not giving me the option to access the camera from the lock screen.

I do LOVE that I can mark my emails as read rather than having to open each one. That used to drive me crazy.

Double clicking the home button from the lock screen?

Double tap the home button and a camera button will show up on the lock screen.

I may be the only one but now all apple needs to do is add a mail icon of sort at the top of the bar(if you know what I'm talking about, like where the signal/3G/carrier is). I say they need to add this so that I don't have to strike down the notification bar, I could just easily see "hey I have a message!"

I may be the only one but now all apple needs to do is add a mail icon of sort at the top of the bar(if you know what I'm talking about, like where the signal/3G/carrier is). I say they need to add this so that I don't have to strike down the notification bar, I could just easily see "hey I have a message!"

I think Apple should do whatever it is you want.

I think Apple should do whatever it is you want.
And WE think TC should do whatever WE want...but that's not gonna' happen either.

And WE think TC should do whatever WE want...but that's not gonna' happen either.

I am a man of the people. I pretty much do what they want. But thelate1 is an interesting species to me. I like giving him a hard time.

I am a man of the people. I pretty much do what they want. But thelate1 is an interesting species to me. I like giving him a hard time.

If you truly are a man of the people, then you should play RH from now on, embarrassing us lefties :act-up:

If you truly are a man of the people, then you should play RH from now on, embarrassing us lefties :act-up:

I'm the best left handed golfer you know. Now keep it about the love affair of the iPhone thetardy1

I'm the best left handed golfer you know. Now keep it about the love affair of the iPhone thetardy1

I didn't know we were talking about me actually.
And I do love my iPhone, one of the best decisions I've made.

Not sure I want to see TC FaceTime...on my screen, ever. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back