What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
88 yesterday and today....I just re-gripped the clubs, so that should save 5 strokes, right?:D

Today my intent was to work on things and not keep score so much. I shot 31 / 31 for a 62 (par is 66). Shot of the day was a 4 iron from 208 into the wind.. played a bit longer. Shot landed softly 4 feet from the pin. I watched it off of the club the whole way.. I thought I broke the "Ace Cherry".

Tempo is right on the money. Right where we (coach and I) want it. Just in time for Myrtle next week.

Alex

Today was work on the wind day, and I compounded it by using ny regular driver!

Shot 46-50 (96), which bumped my hdcp to 17.9. I only had 2 pars, both on the front nine, and 14 putts onthe front and 17 on the back. Seven 1 putts, two 3 putts.

Highlights of the day: I had my two longest drives ever today, the first was 265 on #10, which was helped a little with the wind (it died down some on the back nine). The other was a 270 yarder on #12 that I just plain got hold of. The wind was right to left. Both were par 5's, and I bogeyed both holes. My previous best ever drive was 259 on #10.

Not the day I wanted to have going into the Iowa outing, but hopefully I got the bad round out of my system.

Just a weird day on the course today, I was hitting the ball really well, but I just couldn't putt, and I mean COULDN'T PUTT! I hit 8 of 13 fairways, I hit 9 of 18 GIR and my short game was working well, except that I had 39 putts. That included 4 3 jacks and a freaking 4 jack. Still managed to shoot a 87 44-43 but man alive that was bad.

That is crazy CB, with those FIR and GIR stats a decent putting round would have pulled in a pretty damn special round. Keep it going though buddy!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Today was work on the wind day, and I compounded it by using ny regular driver!

Shot 46-50 (96), which bumped my hdcp to 17.9. I only had 2 pars, both on the front nine, and 14 putts onthe front and 17 on the back. Seven 1 putts, two 3 putts.

Highlights of the day: I had my two longest drives ever today, the first was 265 on #10, which was helped a little with the wind (it died down some on the back nine). The other was a 270 yarder on #12 that I just plain got hold of. The wind was right to left. Both were par 5's, and I bogeyed both holes. My previous best ever drive was 259 on #10.

Not the day I wanted to have going into the Iowa outing, but hopefully I got the bad round out of my system.

sheesh i had wind assisted drives today that only went 239... great bombs smalls

That is crazy CB, with those FIR and GIR stats a decent putting round would have pulled in a pretty damn special round. Keep it going though buddy!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy, I'm not sure what happened today but it shall be corrected.

I shot 80 (40/40) on a 67XX yard course. I was driving the ball terribly. Not necessarily direction, but distance. Pretty happy with the score considering I only hit 7 GIR. I also played a second ball on the back nine from a different set of tees, just under 3000 yards, and played irons (and wedges) only. I hit 7/9 GIR and shot 39 with 19 putts.

I shot 80 (40/40) on a 67XX yard course. I was driving the ball terribly. Not necessarily direction, but distance. Pretty happy with the score considering I only hit 7 GIR. I also played a second ball on the back nine from a different set of tees, just under 3000 yards, and played irons (and wedges) only. I hit 7/9 GIR and shot 39 with 19 putts.

Wow nice round! Those VR Pro Combos seem to really be working out for you! Congrats!

Wow nice round! Those VR Pro Combos seem to really be working out for you! Congrats!

Thanks buddy. Yea I have really enjoyed testing them. I have good days and bad days, just like everyone else. On good days, they're great. On bad days, they're ok but definitely punish you more than a GI iron would.

I shot a 91 yesterday at TPC River Highlands. Played from the tips just to see how I would playing the same course the pros do. I was driving the ball relatively well but my iron play was spotty at best. Scrambling was OK and my putting was actually alittle above my average. I got really excited and had a chance to break 90 on the pro course, needed a par/bogey finish on 17/18 to hit 89. Ended up with a bogey on 17 and a double on 18 after a few poor chips. Still a great day out on the course with my dad, bro and uncle!

Shot an ugly +7 today. I had trouble adjusting to the wet grounds and I hit everything fat. It's the first time I have ever felt like I didn't have the skills to adjust on the golf course. Terrible.

i played another 9 holes today trying to get ready for the last medal of the year.i kept score with 2 balls and was

+3 for 9 with ball 1 and level with ball 2.

i'm hitting the ball really well and keeping it in play.that's the main thing and that's where i usually go wrong losing 2 shots on the just the 1 hole.with ball number 1 i 3 putted 3 times which cost me the 3 shots,i'm still happy as the 3 3 putts were from long range and the greens are hard to judge just now with being really wet.

i odn't want to jinx it which i probably have but i feel so good for my medal round on sunday,i hope it's not cancelled due to our typical crappy scottish weather.

Real odd day today. I only played 10 today due to inclimate weather. I was +2 thru 5 and played par golf the rest of the way. I really didn't deserve to shoot that score as it should have been worse.

Hole 1 - Tee off with 3 wood. Hit it thin and right... left 143 in. Proceed to thin 8 iron approach that ends up 8 feet from pin. Miss birdie settle for par.
Hole 2 - Misread distance from the tee... hit 6 iron that plugs 30 yards short... hit little 53.5* wedge to 3 feet.. save par.
Hole 3 - 4 iron from tee... ends up next to tree 30 yards past green... hit poorish wedge that ends up in water filled bunker....okay out from said bunker.. 2 putts later... double.

The rest of the round okay (even rest of the way) but my tempo was a little quick today from the top and as a result my striking wasn't as crisp as it has been. Found it on hole 7.

Alex

Long day on the course today testing equipment and then playing 18 holes. Will have full write up of the equipment in the appropriate threads later this evening or tomorrow. Played Innisbrook today and played some pretty good golf overall. Front 9 started out bogey bogey and then finished with a 40. On the back 9 again started out bogey bogey and then finished with a 37 for a 77 overall. Pretty happy with that considering how difficult the course is.

Long day on the course today testing equipment and then playing 18 holes. Will have full write up of the equipment in the appropriate threads later this evening or tomorrow. Played Innisbrook today and played some pretty good golf overall. Front 9 started out bogey bogey and then finished with a 40. On the back 9 again started out bogey bogey and then finished with a 37 for a 77 overall. Pretty happy with that considering how difficult the course is.

Did you play the island or copperhead?
Edit: doesn't matter cuz that's a real good score on either

Played well with my new AP2's at Pendleton GC near Richmond va. Shot 39 from the whites (senior t) The wind was brutal on the last four holes and was saved by 2 lucky long putts that went in through all the leaves on the greens. Haven't played there much, but getting ready for the Va golf outing I'm getting used to the course and where to place my drive for the 2nd shot.

42/36
crazy howling wind
i was amazed i didnt lose a ball today
started off really rough and it just roller coastered
double one hole par the next birdie the next then back to double

Put the V2s through their paces in Alabama today. I had forgotten what it was like to play outside of Florida.

Shot a 42/45, 87. Was playing well until slow groups in front of us got even slower.

Grand National Links Course in Auburn, Al, one of the courses in the Robert Trent Jones Trail. Great course.

53 42 today
found out on back 9 my lower body was swaying on every shot including putts, fixed it then played good

46/41 for a 87 on my home course. Figuring some things out slowly and hitting irons more solid. Still hitting under 20% of greens has me scrambling on every hole. Chipped well resulting in only 29 putts.

Finally got a birdie as it has been months since my last bird. Drove 290 from an elevated tee to within 110 of the flag. Hit a perfect 50* wedge that landed two feet to the right of the pin and rolled another 4 ft. Drained the 6 footer with 6 inches of left to right break for the elusive bird. For those 10 minutes, I felt what it is like to actually be good at this game.

Last edited:

Nice round JB. That is always a good feeling when you comeback after a mediocre start to shoot a good number.

47/42/42... In a freaking hurricane!!

I shot a 76 today. The greens were punched recently and have been running slow, but today they were back to being really quick. My putts on the first two holes bounced right over the center of the cup. I only had one birdie putt drop all day. 33 putts total. My 3w also complicated a couple holes for me.

10.14.png

73, +1. I played my best golf when I needed to, on the back 9 of the tournament but I couldn't get the damn ball in the hole. Lined up opportunities on 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18 but nothing went in. Finished t15, one shot less and I'd been in a play-off for the top ranking category for next year. So incredibly disappointing. First time I've failed when the pressure is on. It feels like I didn't catch a break the entire week, like I shot the highest score possible considering how my game was and felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back