The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really really good deal on the new iPhone if you have a 4. Slight ponderment after reading this.

http://dealnews.com/-200-Target-cre...ext-Worth-get-iPhone-4-S-for-free/509539.html

KMac, check with a Target store first and see what they can give you in a trade in. Nextworth is partners with Target. They gave my buddy $100 for his 16GB 3GS and it's a quote until you get your phone. Then they take the phone from you. I'm doing Nextworth online now for my waterlogged 3GS and they're giving me $80 for it (something better than nothing) but it does take a while (I'm on my second week of waiting now) and I asked for straight cash.

I was about to throw out my iPhone yesterday. Lost all of my contacts and the backup was corrupted. I had a copy that was about 3 years old on my wife's computer. All of my contacts since then have to be rebuilt.

Any chance the RIM outage affected iPhones? :)

Please text or email me your contact info!

Colossally frustrated yesterday. Like what I'm seeing with the new os update so far, so there is a silver lining.

that's an interesting deal. Here's a question though, what do you for a phone while you are waiting for your gift card?

I have the Best Buy "Buy Back" on my iPhone, but still dont think Siri is enough to get me to upgrade right now. I think im content with my iP4 until the 5 comes out. But, that is a nice deal.

KMac, check with a Target store first and see what they can give you in a trade in. Nextworth is partners with Target. They gave my buddy $100 for his 16GB 3GS and it's a quote until you get your phone. Then they take the phone from you. I'm doing Nextworth online now for my waterlogged 3GS and they're giving me $80 for it (something better than nothing) but it does take a while (I'm on my second week of waiting now) and I asked for straight cash.

I kind of agree, W.E., not enough in the new phone to use my upgrade on it. They will give you $100 for any other smart phone so if I had something else and wanted the 4S Id be all over it.

my thoughts exactly

that's an interesting deal. Here's a question though, what do you for a phone while you are waiting for your gift card?

Maybe it was mentioned...

I'm waiting on the 5 myself. Anyone know if the 5 will be available right away on at&t or is there a waiting period because of the sprint deal?

I kind of agree, W.E., not enough in the new phone to use my upgrade on it. They will give you $100 for any other smart phone so if I had something else and wanted the 4S Id be all over it.

now that's even more intriguing! I guess if I had a backup phone on the same carrier it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm waiting on the 5 myself. Anyone know if the 5 will be available right away on at&t or is there a waiting period because of the sprint deal?

Gonna be waiting a while bro. While signs point to next June, there are no certainties.

now that's even more intriguing! I guess if I had a backup phone on the same carrier it wouldn't be an issue.

That's correct. I had to deal with my old POS whilst waiting for the 4S.

Well we don't knwo how much of that "exclusive stuff" was true. IF I remember correct the whole thing by BGR? right? proved false when the iphone 4S was announced.

I'm quite curious to see if Sprint was actually able to snag that up. If I go back to iphone it would be the 5 as long as it matches the mockup. I don't know though. While I miss apps and music at times, I like having the phone and keyboard. I have been toying around with the idea of buying an iphone and combing it with my blackberry.

I've yet to have the iphone experience so I'm guessing that the 4s will be my next phone. I have a BB for work so I won't be abandoning BB. I'm still going back and forth between 4s and Galaxy S2. One of those will be my next phone. I kind of like what I am hearing so far about os5. Siri is interesting, but I don't know if I would use it.

If you go into a Target store there's no waiting for the giftcard, I dont think. The issue is do they have the 4S or not.

Well we don't knwo how much of that "exclusive stuff" was true. IF I remember correct the whole thing by BGR? right? proved false when the iphone 4S was announced.

Yeah, it was all over BGR, and they are wrong about 99.9% of the time.

There's no timeframe on the iP5 yet. FWIW, expect it to come out around the same timeframe as this did.

The Sprint thing was just that, a rumor. With it being on the big 3 mobile providers, I don't see an advantage to Apple to piss off the big 2 in order to appease the smaller 1. If it somehow did, consider those Sprint customers to be the guinea pigs in case there are a few bugs or programs that don't work as well. By the time it hit the other two, bugs would probably be fixed.

On a side note. I remember people laughing at people who bought the verizon iphone saying "there's going to be a new one come june" honestly I think the people(myself included) got the last laugh on it. While the iphone4S is a nice upgrade, everyone thought it would be an iphone5 and that people who boguht the verizon were silly for buying it when they did.

I love when I'm right :D

I've yet to have the iphone experience so I'm guessing that the 4s will be my next phone. I have a BB for work so I won't be abandoning BB. I'm still going back and forth between 4s and Galaxy S2. One of those will be my next phone. I kind of like what I am hearing so far about os5. Siri is interesting, but I don't know if I would use it.

Ive been reading up on Siri and to be honest, it sounds bad ass. Check out this from bgr.com "Siri: mind-blowing. Not because Siri can answer anything you throw at it, but because every other voice input system we’ve ever used has been command-driven, and Siri breaks that mold. Apple repeatedly mentioned that Siri can understand the meaning of your request, the context and more, and that the system will only get better. It’s already leaps and bounds above anything Google offers, which is a pretty impressive solution on Android handsets."

Understand the meaning and context? wow

Ive been reading up on Siri and to be honest, it sounds bad ass. Check out this from bgr.com "Siri: mind-blowing. Not because Siri can answer anything you throw at it, but because every other voice input system we’ve ever used has been command-driven, and Siri breaks that mold. Apple repeatedly mentioned that Siri can understand the meaning of your request, the context and more, and that the system will only get better. It’s already leaps and bounds above anything Google offers, which is a pretty impressive solution on Android handsets."

Understand the meaning and context? wow

If that's the case we need Siri for THP, stat.

OEM, have you watched any videos of Siri in action? If not, go do it, it is really cool.

OEM, have you watched any videos of Siri in action? If not, go do it, it is really cool.

umm wow. Check out the first 3 minutes of this one where he does the Siri, now I want it. He does some funny stuff, like "I love you" and "how old are you?"

[video=youtube;Mq-UTP9YU_Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-UTP9YU_Q&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Mind if I jump in here?

I just purchased the iphone 4S. (Came from Android) Seems to be a nice phone. How fragile is the glass on the back of the phone? Anyone crack it? Is it pretty durable?

Mind if I jump in here?

I just purchased the iphone 4S. (Came from Android) Seems to be a nice phone. How fragile is the glass on the back of the phone? Anyone crack it? Is it pretty durable?

excellent question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back