What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you play the island or copperhead?
Edit: doesn't matter cuz that's a real good score on either

Islands this time.

Nice round JB. That is always a good feeling when you comeback after a mediocre start to shoot a good number.

Thanks. I was not sure what to expect after the 2 bogeys on 10 and 11, but came back nicely.

i played another 9 holes to day preparing myself for the last medal of the year and didn't play too well.

i was +4 with one ball and +6 with the other.i wasn't hitting the ball too badly,just struggling on the greens and had 2 lost balls.one was due to a bad club choice,if i had taken a 5 iron instead of the 3 iron off the tee it would of been ok and probably in the fairway.here's hoping i can play well tomorrow.

Shot 43 on a par36 9 hole course. Considering that I play off 26.5 I am pretty happy with the score.
However I just started yet another round with just awful shots. Was 8 over after five holes but managed to finish the last four holes 1 under par. Could've been even better because I missed two short putts. Can't wait to get on the course again tomorrow...

Shot an 87 today (43/44). Good overall round for me but I left a lot of strokes on the greens. I am having some serious distance control issues. Also posted a triple on the 18th. So frustrating.

40/42 for a 82 Was so windy today. so it was a really good score considering the weather. also only had 31 putts cause i was scrambling so much today!

41 over 9, which is really good especially because the wind was blowing an average of 23 mph. Parred 5 holes in a row, including the two hardest holes! Feeling really good right now

Shot a 42 today. Decent day, but nothing too bad or spectacular.

40/42 for a 82 Was so windy today. so it was a really good score considering the weather. also only had 31 putts cause i was scrambling so much today!
I played in wind today too, it felt like Scotland

First Round Gordon Lakes 2011 Club Championship

Saturday Oct 15 0830 tee time shotgun start 60 degrees warming to 80 - and got windy
Lake View / Island View

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 4
9 par 5 5

Lake 37 Island 39 - 76

Good enough for 2nd place so far, 1 back of leader in open division - long version in club championship thread.

Shot a 92 (47/45) today with 37 putts

Considering the wind was really bad today And i didn't warm up at all i was pretty happy to shoot what I did. I played a course I'd never played before and man was it a narrow tract. Combine that with the amount of wind and it was an interesting day The wind made a lot of approach shots go awry that would not have otherwise and I had to putt over a ton of leaves and twigs that littered almost all of the greens so all things considered the score was good. I know my score would've been a little better if the conditions were better but I managed to grind out an ok score.

I only pulled driver out on one hole today and used the 3w, hybrids, or 5i off the tee and found more fairways than I typically do. This will be interesting to see if I can do this again and with more consistency. Today I had a lot of issues with my second shot again which cost me a lot of strokes even when trying to play to a number which was frustrating. Ive struggled with this a lot and I think this may be something that's keeping me from lower scores. Its something I'll add to the list of things to work on.

Tough day on the course but better than sitting at home I suppose

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Not far from you, Hanks...I shot an 88 today (44/44) at Frog Rock in Hammonton NJ...the wind was brutal, and I was stubborn...I should have pulled my 3w or hybrid off of the tee today, but I wanted to just hit driver, driver, driver...I was saved by my ball striking...my irons and wedges were dead on (lots of knockdown shots and bump-and-runs with the wind)...didn't have any birdies, but many pars and bogeys...only a couple double bogeys on the card. My crutch today was getting off of the tee on the par 4s and 5s...my driver just wasn't there, and I was too stubborn to recognize it...would have shot much better if I had ditched the driver early in the round.

played 27 today. shot 50-45 with 4 blowup holes....felt like a forgot how to swing again

went out and played the front 9 again. slowed my swing way down and shot a 40. go figure

43 - 38 = 81 ugh....tough day out there.
I had 6 lip outs from 15ft and under.

Shot 84 with 4 3 putts, 1 oob and 1 lip out from 2ft. Struck the ball well but cannot putt for toffee

About a million. Good thing is that the teaching pro I have been waiting for is finally available tomorrow. All my momentum from the Summer is gone but with a series of lessons coming up should be good.

Tapatalk

45-41 yesterday...guess the new grips did it.:D

Beautiful fall day for us. 75 and no real wind.

Shot a 93 with the new clubs in the heavy wind. Won my league playoffs and have the championship match next sat. Can't wait

tapatalk addict....

44-49=93 yesterday, with four doubles on the back. Completely lost my driver swing on the back nine somehow. Couldn't hit a thing. Miracle I kept it under 50 on the back as bad as the driving was. Ick.

the final medal of the year for me today and i played unbelievable,followed by some crap golf but in the end up i finished with my best score of the year.

i started off with 5 straight pars then made bogey at the tough 6th.i was still pleased and put it to the back of my mind.funnily enough i had it in my mind that i was going to shoot a -3 63.i'm not sure why but that was in my mind this morning and before i headed out.i even thought about it after making bogey on 6 to go +1.

the 7th at callander is a 300yrd par 4 with a blind tee shot,the green is tough though.it's a new usga green that is long and narrow and the shot in is hard to judge because of the ditch at the front at side.it makes the green look closer than it is.i was roughly 75 yrds out and i holed it with the 56*.
i then made birdie at 8 with a holed putt from about 10ft.then on 9 i chipped in from just off the green to go out in 30 (-3).i couldn't believe it.

i still wasn't thinking about it too much and played a very good 7 iron at the par 3 10th.it's roughly 165-170 yrd to a green that is above you.i put it to 6ft and was looking at going -4 if i made the putt.the course record at callander is -5 and i must admit i started to think about it....that was probably my first mistake.i just missed the putt.i then lipped out for par at the 11th,made bogey at 12.still -1 with 6 holes to go,i then made par at 13 and doubled 14:banghead:,bogeyed 15 then made par at 16 and 17.i narrowly missed my birdie putts at 16 and 17.before we went out the css was sitting at 68 which is 2 over the 66 par so i started thinking to myself that if its came back down 1 to 67 i only need to par the last to get my handicap down to 5.so in typical fashion i made bogey from being 50yrds from the green in 1.i was gutted but thankfully the css had came down to 66 so it didn't matter whether i made par at 18 or not.

so in the end up i finished with a 69 (+3).my best score of the year and my lowest ever at callander in competitive play.so my handicap should be down to 5.8 now i think unless the css changes in the mean time.i'll know for sure tomorrow when its put up.

Shot another 77 today. The wind was really bad maybe 20-30mph but knockdown shots really helped.

Shot par on the back nine which was really great with a decent eagle attempt but ended up with a tap in birdie. My irons were on despite the wind, but my putting was just on, had a ton of long par putts that were just falling for me. Had a triple on the front nine so I defiantly had a lower number left out there.

Good round today eventhough started with a crap 7 with a three stab.

Weather was fantastic with little wind.

16102011.jpg

Took some of the money from our roll up and will hopefully get best gross in the medal.

Only got in 9, but oh man was it great! Shot a +1 37, with back to back eagles on the first 2 holes!!!!!!!! Then went 5 over on the next 7, but we don't need to talk about that...

Second Round Gordon Lakes 2011 Club Championship

Sunday Oct 16 0904 tee time shotgun start 53 degrees warming to 80
Island View / Lake View

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 5
4 par 4 5
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

Lake 40 Island 40 - 80

Runner-up! Tough day on the course - didn't play bad, just never made a putt. We moved back to the blue tees, and the pins were all so tucked only perfection scored most of the time. Only one guy in the open division broke 80. He shot 77-78 to cut my 76-80 by one shot. More in the other club championship thread.

Shot a 90 in some fierce winds @ Niagara Falls GC yesterday (Sat), with my buddy, Pete (he shot 103). A little showery for 7-8 holes, then drier for the remainder. Knocked a couple of low chips from way out to within 5 ft. Pete had one for himself. A good outing for sure.

39 on the front. Played pretty well. Didn't chip well but putted well and drove well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back