2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through this thread really brings home what this outing is all about. The lasting bonds that are made on and off the course. Reading through page after page of onet, yocco, whiterino and then Yorkem and Ddec chiming in and lets not forget our asian brother with the samoan calves and putting4hairclubformen
Next year is going to be a blast. Can't wait to make my own memories

It will be awesome bro, and I can't wait to meet you

This just in... Not sure if 9-Iron and Adam Girl are coming to the outing (I don't think so) so that means there is an opening on team "Aboot two Metres" (yes that is spelled correctly)
We have Yorkem, Flashy, Adams Girl and Myself last year...

Belbs

That team was taken over by Gray and incorporated in his Tower of Power teams. It was also renamed to "About as long as a good old hound dog will jump chasin' that mean old fox"

Actually, we were originaly supposed to have OG on our team, so maybe he won't break his driver this year, and he can join us.

45 may be a stretch but 36 before everything gets going might be in play.
And all you complaining about the humidity.....it's humid in Boston, chitown, Milwaukee. It's not that bad in may. Now CB with his soft exterior may have an issue but the rest of you will be fine.

Come May we don't really break 90 much if I recall? Humidity's normally around 50-70%. I'm trying to remember this year and it's just a blur. I just remember when it seemed to rain a ton for 3 straight weeks.

I can't wait to meet everybody. The waiting is killing me.

Come May we don't really break 90 much if I recall? Humidity's normally around 50-70%. I'm trying to remember this year and it's just a blur. I just remember when it seemed to rain a ton for 3 straight weeks.

I hope the weather us a little mire mild than it was in WPB. It was definitely quite hot and humid there last year. But it doesn't really matter cause we are going to have a great time no matter what the weather.

I hope the weather us a little mire mild than it was in WPB. It was definitely quite hot and humid there last year. But it doesn't really matter cause we are going to have a great time no matter what the weather.

Thats true but that range day killed me. I mean KILLED ME!!!!! That was too hot and humid to be hitting balls all day on a range with no shade.

Thats true but that range day killed me. I mean KILLED ME!!!!! That was too hot and humid to be hitting balls all day on a range with no shade.

Were you hotter there than promo day at TMC? That was a warm day.

Kevin

Were you hotter there than promo day at TMC? That was a warm day.

Kevin

Yes, the range day at the outing in may was both hotter and more humid IMO and that promo day was as you say...quite warm.

Just finished looking at the pictures from the last Demo day looks like everyone had a great time.Cool stuff

The difference was the hair. You cut it off for August. I still think the media day was hotter, at least you could go get shade and ice water at the demo day.

I'm shooting for 45 holes at Grand Cypress and then 9 at the lighted par 3 at Cypress Gardens. :D

I wasn't at the outing but I remeber that weekend and it was not near as hot as the weekend of the Morgan Cup.
The difference was the hair. You cut it off for August. I still think the media day was hotter, at least you could go get shade and ice water at the demo day.

I wasn't at the outing but I remeber that weekend and it was not near as hot as the weekend of the Morgan Cup.

It could also have been that I was coming from my winter into that heat, whereas at the MC I was coming from summer to summer.

That could be it, Canadian winter to Florida Spring can feel like a ton of heat. All I know is that it was HOOOOT at the MC on that range. If the trend continues with the weather, it will be warm by next may. Summer seems to set in earlier and earlier each year.

It could also have been that I was coming from my winter into that heat, whereas at the MC I was coming from summer to summer.

That could be it, Canadian winter to Florida Spring can feel like a ton of heat. All I know is that it was HOOOOT at the MC on that range. If the trend continues with the weather, it will be warm by next may. Summer seems to set in earlier and earlier each year.

My Canadian winter is not like the rest of Canada but still not warm. I'm excited for the ooting.

The thing that was bad last year, and in Florida and the Southeast in general, was the humidity. THe temperature was not bad but it was the humidity that killed a lot of people. It actually got a little better as the day went on but the morning, especially from 10-12 was brutal!!!

The outing was not in Orlando though. It was in West Palm Beach. I found the demo day to be warmer than the media day.

Typically from 9 to noon is the worst part of the day. Once the humidity burns off its ok in May. But I understand a lot of the folks will be coming from winter or early spring. Could be a bit much now that I think about it.
The thing that was bad last year, and in Florida and the Southeast in general, was the humidity. THe temperature was not bad but it was the humidity that killed a lot of people. It actually got a little better as the day went on but the morning, especially from 10-12 was brutal!!!

True, I figured you guys had a little breeze.
The outing was not in Orlando though. It was in West Palm Beach. I found the demo day to be warmer than the media day.

Thank you, so it wasn't just me then.

This is very true, I don't know how Orlando is temperature wise in May but I was there for business right after the MC and it was more a little better than the outing.

This from a vacation almanac:

The weather in Orlando during May is great. Often times you will hear local residents say this about the weather in May, "this weather is why we live in Orlando". Generally, the average temperature in Orlando during May is 77.1 degrees. There is scattered rain during this month. It doesn't snow here in May. The highest temperature ever recorded in Orlando during May was 102 °F and the lowest temperature ever was 48 °F.
In May, you will not need to have the pool heat turned on in the pool if you rent a vacation home from us.
If you are going to be visiting the theme parks while here in Orlando, you might want to put a poncho in your bag. The rain showers in May can pop up unexpectedly. You will save yourself a lot of money by purchasing the ponchos outside of the theme parks. While you are buying ponchos you might also want to buy some sun screen as well.

Average - 77.1 °FRecord High - 102 °FRecord Low - 48 °F

My Canadian winter is not like the rest of Canada but still not warm. I'm excited for the ooting.

Probably the conversion from celsius to fahrenheit made it feel hotter for our Canadian friends.

Another day closer.. getting antsy waiting for team announcements

tapatalk addict....

Another day closer.. getting antsy waiting for team announcements

tapatalk addict....

From where team THP sits they are thinking the wait in announcing teams is just delaying the inevitable. That would be their systematic dismantling at the hands of 11 other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back