Portugal Masters (Spoilers)

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
Tom Lewis, the silver medalist (low amateur) at The Open, won the Portugal Masters today in his 3rd start as a pro on the European Tour with a -21.

He shot an incredible round, playing the last seven holes in -5. He beat Kaymer, Harrington, and a host of the top players in the Euro tour. Including Kahn, Lowery, Quiros, and the flying Molinaris.

The youngsters on both sides of the pond are definitely making their marks.

Watched it, pretty sweet

first of all you need to put spoilers and change the title because i missed this and you've runined it for me.....:D

well done to tom lewis,the guy is good.

I interested in seeing how he turns out. I saw him at the British Open and through his interviews I always felt he was slightly unlikeable. Incredibly talented though.

I interested in seeing how he turns out. I saw him at the British Open and through his interviews I always felt he was slightly unlikeable. Incredibly talented though.

almost like andy murray,i don't like the guy at all.

as for tom lewis i think he conducted himself not too badly with his interviews especially as he was an amatuer at such a big event.i think he will be a likeable guy and i hope he is.......

Final Round 64, not bad. I was hoping Bjorn would make a run at it but after he hit it in the water it was all over.

Yeah I haven't written him off at all...more of a wait and see.

almost like andy murray,i don't like the guy at all.

as for tom lewis i think he conducted himself not too badly with his interviews especially as he was an amatuer at such a big event.i think he will be a likeable guy and i hope he is.......

Wow he's had a pretty good start to his short career. I can't wait to see what the rest of his career holds.

Did he turn professional?

Quite remarkable, he's a good young talent.

Wow he's had a pretty good start to his short career. I can't wait to see what the rest of his career holds.

He could be another McIlroy, who knows. All I know is that when I saw his name atop the leaderboard on Golf Channel this morning, I knew he had to be something special. Congrats to Tom Lewis. To a bright career!!!

BDG

Yeah in the last few weeks...Ping sponsored I beleive

Just after the British. In 3 starts he's had a t-10 (Australian Tourney, not sure which one), t-70 (Alfred Dunhill Links Championship) and now a win.

Final Round 64, not bad. I was hoping Bjorn would make a run at it but after he hit it in the water it was all over.
Same here. Good win for Lewis.

Boy o boy this kid can seriously play, getting it done on the stretch like did to shoot a 65 to win is impressive to say the least.

Bulldog I dont recall him coming to Oz and playing, could be wrong though.....

i watched the replay last night and he did very well to say the least.to shoot that in the final round and put the pressur eon the leaders is brilliant.they must of been watching the leaderboard and thinking what the hell.........

he said in his interview that he was dreading going to Q school but after just 4 days of play he is £400,000 richer and has a 2 yr exemption now.......can't get any better than that.in only his 3rd start aswell,good man!!!!

i think austria was where he played his pro debut....

Last edited:
Really was an incredible display from the young man. Played with no fear over the final few holes, despite having the q-school thought hanging over him. Would have been easy to play for a good top-5 finish and make your card, but he went for it. Could be a great step for him.

Back