Bridgestone J40 Wedge Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason K is back with his latest review and this one is on the Bridgestone J40 wedges. There are some Morgan Cup hopefuls that will definitely want to check this one out.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14975

i love the looks of these, plus they come with dg spinners! cant beat that. The price is very attractive also, considering most new wedges coming out are priced higher!

Great write up, I am anxious to try these out, I love my Bridgestone WC wedges, but it is time to replace them. Bridgestone makes a great wedge that many don't even seem to consider when purchasing wedges, I suggest you give them a spin (hehe).

Nice review Jason! These are my favorite wedges in terms of looks on the market right now. Basic is definately the way to go. Add in DG Spinners, and it looks like Bridgestone really has a winner here. Some MC 2.0 staffers will be very happy with these in the bag!

Outstanding, informative review Jason! Sounds like Bridgestone hit a home run with the VBT, spinner shafts, and of course in the looks department. Then the fact that you can get all that for $109 is great.

Nice job Bridgestone and thanks again Jake!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Jake, I could really tell how much you like these wedges in your review. In fact, those are my favorite reviews to read. What really stood out to me was the price, $109. That's awesome. I don't know why, but I was expecting them to be more expensive than that. Good job buddy.

$109 and you get the Spinner as stock. VBT sounds interesting and I want to try that. These are stunning to look at as well. Great review Jake!!

Hands down the best wedge I've put in my bag. Jake hit on eveything I feel each time I take one out of the bag. Great Job Jake!!!

Great review Jake. With performance, good looks and a price point like that, these are definitely on my radar and cannot wait to try them out.

Great review Jake! I really want to try these wedges out when the come out in Oct. Great job!

These are a beautiful looking wedge! I also really like and appreciate the clean simple looks of these sticks. Some new wedges are on my radar and these are definately on my list to try.

I need to get my hands on these things. I love the clean, simple look to them and the VBT really interests me. Can't beat the stock shaft option either. What a great package for only $109.

Will these be coming in a left handed option? According to the website, they don't make any clubs in lefty. Such a shame.

Will these be coming in a left handed option? According to the website, they don't make any clubs in lefty. Such a shame.

No. At this time they do not have LH options.

totally subjective question here. How heavy do these feel? I tend to like a heavier wedge. As attractive as these are, if they feel as light as the CG15s I wont be happy with them.

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone, these wedges are every bit as good as I rave about in the review.

totally subjective question here. How heavy do these feel? I tend to like a heavier wedge. As attractive as these are, if they feel as light as the CG15s I wont be happy with them.
They're not like Heavy Wedge heavy but they do feel heavier than the JAWS or the CG15 wedges that I've used this season. It took me about 1 round to get used to them but after that I never really even thought about it.

Wow... great review. I honestly think I will be buying these in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

If I could I would have these the day they hit shelves. I love the look and I love the price point.

Great review Jake! I know 8 Morgan Cuppers that are going to be really excited about the opportunity to game these. While I understand why, I really wish they made some LH equipment, because their offerings this year seem to be awesome.

Looks like a great piece of equipment. I like that they have done other things to increase the spin lost with the conforming grooves.

That is an interesting price point in a good way. I love the clean look and if they have the same type of performance I've seen from the other equipment I've hit in the J40 these may be in the bag sooner rather than later lol.

Jake you got me drooling man! These wedges are beautiful and the touch these weapons provide has me really interested in these gorgeous wedges..

wow, great review...im digging the black one.

Funny, I think the CG15's are heavier than many others.

Back