Central Iowa THP Get-Together

Great pics! Nice to see Santa Claus made the trip, what kind of golf game does ol Santa have anyway?

Sounds like you all had a great time, I really wish I could have made it.

Great pics Duey!!! Looks like this was a great group and everyone who attended had a lot of fun.

What's with the beard Bulldog????

Thanks guys, but leave my man BD alone, he rocks. I didn't get to play with him this trip, but he's got a ton of game, especially off the tee. Beat my score as usual, but thats not saying a bunch, haha.

I find it amusing that Jrod uses a belly putter, but it's almost a regular putter for him!

Thanks guys, but leave my man BD alone, he rocks. I didn't get to play with him this trip, but he's got a ton of game, especially off the tee. Beat my score as usual, but thats not saying a bunch, haha.

Amen, he's one of the best people I've ever got to play with. Class act and hilarious.

Amen, he's one of the best people I've ever got to play with. Class act and hilarious.
I couldn't agree more, I haven't gotten to play golf with Bulldog but every time I've hung out with him I really enjoy it. I love that beard BD!

Thanks Duey, always fun to hang with ya.
Now for the beard..July 4th I just got tired of shaving. LOL, And yeah the belly's coming back for X-mas. :D
Give the beard a couple more months it'll look like this, but gray
pics1015-Copy.jpg
[/IMG]

QUOTE=Puttin4Bird; Great pics! Nice to see Santa Claus made the trip, what kind of golf game does ol Santa have anyway?

I hit it all over the world but not down the fairways.lol

I couldn't agree more, I haven't gotten to play golf with Bulldog but every time I've hung out with him I really enjoy it. I love that beard BD!

I agree with the your statement Jrod. Unlike you Puttin, I have had the unique pleasure of getting to play golf in both of the previous outing. I have completely enjoyed those rounds. He is an amazing guy and a ton of fun to be on the course with.

Thanks for the pics Duey looks like everyone had a blast!

Man, we really need a Texas/Louisiana outing!!

Thanks for posting those, Due. I will not be uploading any videos :)

I have to say, the course is a much nicer and much tougher course since the redesign. My driver worked more often than not, and I only hit two pure iron shots the whole day, both of which were on that short down hill par 3 (I think hole 13). Thankfully, I had zero expectations after 6.5 weeks of low sleep and no golf. Truth be told, I just wanted to break 100, which I did. First round (99, *phew*)52-47, second round (92) 47-43.

Finished the day off by driving back and listening to the Hawkeyes beating Northwestern. I had a great time with everyone, and wish I could have stuck around afterwards.

Highlight of the day, would be the guardian system, I wish every course had one.

~Rock

Guardian System FTL.

Just have to make sure as soon as you hear a beep, you hit the brake! I did it one time and had to push the cart about 3 feet until it beeped again.

You'd think if they had that on their carts, they would have GPS too! Luckily the course was nice.

Great pics due! Thanks for pointing out who everyone was; sounds like a great time was had.

Great pics due! Thanks for pointing out who everyone was; sounds like a great time was had.

Thanks, I cannot wait to tee it up with everyone again. Going into this event I only knew 3 of the seven, so I can now say I gained 4 new friends.

Unlike the Southern group, the only videos we took were in the bar rather late that evening, so they might be a bit on the rough side, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Well, lets see those videos then! Sounds like Hawk was not feeling the best on Sunday morning. Probably talking out of his a$$ on Saturday night about his MC 2.0 domination plan. Ha!

Thanks, I cannot wait to tee it up with everyone again. Going into this event I only knew 3 of the seven, so I can now say I gained 4 new friends.

Unlike the Southern group, the only videos we took were in the bar rather late that evening, so they might be a bit on the rough side, lol.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Well, lets see those videos then! Sounds like Hawk was not feeling the best on Sunday morning. Probably talking out of his a$$ on Saturday night about his MC 2.0 domination plan. Ha!

We talked a bit about the MC, but that was earlier. Those videos will never see this forum. You know they were bad if I looked at them and cringed.

Duey is one cool guy and a hell of a funny dude to throw back beers with.

We talked a bit about the MC, but that was earlier. Those videos will never see this forum. You know they were bad if I looked at them and cringed.

Duey is one cool guy and a hell of a funny dude to throw back beers with.

Dang it on the videos - never hurts to ask though!

Things just don't get much better than this in the world of golf. A bunch of THP Hackers, nice course, cool and breezy yet nice conditions and not too far from home. Can someone answer how THP continues to draw the cream of the crop in it's members? Every single person here was enjoyable from the get-go and I would quickly jump at another chance to play again with any one of them.

On arrival, I pulled up like I owned the place and was quickly met by Hawk who helped me get my clubs to a cart and introduced me to DonW, one of my playing partners for the first round. The driving range was set-up very nice, but had very little turf and was a muddy mess. That was disappointing as I hoped to spend some time hitting everyone's clubs and seeing new stuff, but after a few swings I felt 15 lbs heavier with all the mud on myself and the sticks. Thankfully the course had a great layout, not too tough or a push-over. It gave us plenty of risj reward and a few blind shots, but plenty of everything this old hacker looks for in a "New to Me" course.

BullDog: This was my fourth time out with BD and it's always fun. The guy has a better game than me, but I still dig him, lol. Notice hawk's SeeMore headcover right in front, the picture just don't do justice.
001.jpg

DonW: Or was this the mailman from Sienfeld? Don was a blast with ton's of funny stories such as how he learned to quit cussing on the course. He had plenty of game and was money with a fw wood in his hands.
003.jpg

McRock: Sienfeld? Pretty quiet, but the guy could hit the ball a ton. TRUE Story here: We caught up wit THP one after waiting for them on their second shot someone says were good, none of us can hit as far as JRod and he's at his ball. McRock hits away and sure enough he smokes the ball right at JRods cart. I'm thinking Go Ball get down ball, but JRod hops in his cart and pulls away as the ball lands right there, lol. McRock can hit the ball and this was was right on the money. Wish he could have stuck around longer afterwards, but I enjoyed the time we got to spend together.
004.jpg

Hawk: I see this picture and the only thought that comes to mind is "Buttery", haha. Cool Whip might be better, but its all good when you get to spend time with ole eagle eye. Hawk's game really impressed me out there with some long drives, (240), and some great long iron shots. This was my first actual round with him and I can't wait to tee it up again. BD and I had a few hundred beers after the round with hawk, I just hope the vid's all stay hidden.
005.jpg

JRod: Bigbird? He may have had more to do with American course's stretching out than Tiger. My eye's are bad, but his ball disappears when he hit's the thing. I didn't actually get to pay with him, but saw the start of several shots and feel pretty confident in saying the guy can flat out play the game. Enjoyed meeting and spending some time with Kareem Abdul, the guy had a great sense of humor as well.
023.jpg

Smallie and Dan (BIL): What can you say beyond it's always a pleasure teeing up with Smallie. The guy just exudes a solid, simple fun with zero issue and always a smile on his face. I heard he had been playing well lately and it showed here with some solid scoring. Wish I could have hooked up for day two, but just wasn't in the cards. I didn't really get to know Dan very well with just one round, but would happily tee it up with him again anytime, and the guy beat my socks off.
026.jpg

010.jpg

029.jpg

011-1.jpg

023.jpg

Just a great time, hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

great pics and recap due!
Check out Bulldog with the beard! That's awesome.
Jrod working with the belly putter that's probably taller than I am.
Hawk is still ugly, but has great golf style hehe

Glad you guys had a good day

Looks like everyone had a good time. I played with Duey last year but was not able to make it this year. Hope to join everyone for the next gathering.

Looks like everyone had a good time. I played with Duey last year but was not able to make it this year. Hope to join everyone for the next gathering.

You would have been a great addition to the group and could have met a lot of other THP'ers, but things don't always time out. Had a great time out there with you last time, hope to see you if we do another.

Like I said I will be there if another one happens. Playing with Smalls is awesome so getting together with more THPers would be even better

Here's a few action shots. I felt like a boy amongst men out there after almost every shot.

012.jpg

025-2.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

007.jpg

015-1.jpg

028.jpg

I told you I got a good one of you, Duey! Dear god my belly looks large haha.

Back