Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, What was the Highlight of my weekend?

I think it was the afternoon scramble when we made an eightsome (yes I said eightsome) on 9 and One-T yells out "Worst drive plays the hole nekkid" and SW steps and hits his drive in the Zaxby's bushes across the street. I'm still laughing at that one.

Freakin EPIC! Definitely the best shot of the weekend.

LMFAO!!!!! He really hit the $hit outta that one!!!

DSCF0051.jpg

Crap....that's funny!

butternut1of1.jpg

firstteeshot1of1.jpg

thanks for all of those pics and videos KB and Company. Those courses look awesome.

Made it back down south just in time for a few days of rain, I guess I deserve it since we were so blessed with perfect fall weather all weekend. Everyone has been spot on so far with their descriptions of the weekend, certainly was one to remember, at least the parts I can remember, Saturday afternoons scramble is a blur!

Drove up and overnighted with Mrs. Kelly and graybush Thursday evening, thank yall for that. For those of you that haven't been fortunate to meet these fine folks yet, you're missing out on two of the greatest people I know. Just pure genuine goodness to their cores.

Played Old Union Friday afternoon with butters and KB. I have a love/hate relationship with that course. Number 3 may be the worst hole in the history of the game, lost 4 balls on that hole Friday en-route to carding a 106. Went to dinner with the gang that night, always a pleasure breaking bread with THP'rs. Met the folks from the "city" cabin afterwards for a few drinks before heading back to the middle of bfe to our hillbilly cabin.

Saturday morning dawned early and cold, after a little switching of groups I ended up playing with AD's dad. Holy buckets of fun what a pleasure it was to share a cart with him, incredible guy! Being the only two some we were able to breeze right through our round and even get in another 9 before following the other groups in. There were some great shots, some bad shots and even a few wtf moments. One of the best times I've ever had on the course.

Saturday afternoon OneT and I apparently played a scramble against setho and KB. I remember the first two holes pretty well then it gets a little fuzzy. I did manage to hit a few things, first of which was a metal power pole though, which I'm certain everyone on the course heard. Second was the smallest water hazard on the course. Saving the best for last, I swung out of my shoes on number 9 and hit a high pull hook right into downtown blairsville. Most likely hit the mayor and fall festival queen before it finally careened into a zaxby's resteraunt. I think we lost that match, sorry dude.

Dinner with Setho and OneT Saturday night was a freaking blast, though OneT did manage to scar me for life. Damn those rolls were good! Sat up talking and catching up with everyone Saturday night, all around great night.

Played Old Union Sunday morning with bama, toad, and dmb. It was good to catch up with dmb and finally meet toad and bama, they were quite an odd couple. Another fun round filled with laughter, but sadly it had to end sometime.

Glad to meet everyone that came out for a round or the entire weekend, hope to see you all again next year if not before.

Took a tour of Georgia with KB and gray Sunday afternoon, didn't mind since the scenery was a great and the company even better. Thank you both for all the hard work in putting this weekend together so that the rest of us only had to show up and play golf. Ya'll are two of a kind and I'm glad I know you.

--
tapatalk

Made it back down south just in time for a few days of rain, I guess I deserve it since we were so blessed with perfect fall weather all weekend. Everyone has been spot on so far with their descriptions of the weekend, certainly was one to remember, at least the parts I can remember, Saturday afternoons scramble is a blur!

Drove up and overnighted with Mrs. Kelly and graybush Thursday evening, thank yall for that. For those of you that haven't been fortunate to meet these fine folks yet, you're missing out on two of the greatest people I know. Just pure genuine goodness to their cores.

Played Old Union Friday afternoon with butters and KB. I have a love/hate relationship with that course. Number 3 may be the worst hole in the history of the game, lost 4 balls on that hole Friday en-route to carding a 106. Went to dinner with the gang that night, always a pleasure breaking bread with THP'rs. Met the folks from the "city" cabin afterwards for a few drinks before heading back to the middle of bfe to our hillbilly cabin.

Saturday morning dawned early and cold, after a little switching of groups I ended up playing with AD's dad. Holy buckets of fun what a pleasure it was to share a cart with him, incredible guy! Being the only two some we were able to breeze right through our round and even get in another 9 before following the other groups in. There were some great shots, some bad shots and even a few wtf moments. One of the best times I've ever had on the course.

Saturday afternoon OneT and I apparently played a scramble against setho and KB. I remember the first two holes pretty well then it gets a little fuzzy. I did manage to hit a few things, first of which was a metal power pole though, which I'm certain everyone on the course heard. Second was the smallest water hazard on the course. Saving the best for last, I swung out of my shoes on number 9 and hit a high pull hook right into downtown blairsville. Most likely hit the mayor and fall festival queen before it finally careened into a zaxby's resteraunt. I think we lost that match, sorry dude.

Dinner with Setho and OneT Saturday night was a freaking blast, though OneT did manage to scar me for life. Damn those rolls were good! Sat up talking and catching up with everyone Saturday night, all around great night.

Played Old Union Sunday morning with bama, toad, and dmb. It was good to catch up with dmb and finally meet toad and bama, they were quite an odd couple. Another fun round filled with laughter, but sadly it had to end sometime.

Glad to meet everyone that came out for a round or the entire weekend, hope to see you all again next year if not before.

Took a tour of Georgia with KB and gray Sunday afternoon, didn't mind since the scenery was a great and the company even better. Thank you both for all the hard work in putting this weekend together so that the rest of us only had to show up and play golf. Ya'll are two of a kind and I'm glad I know you.

--
tapatalk

2 girls 1 cup FTW

Saturday afternoon DawgDaddy and I played against Josh & Eagles golf. Two really fine young men who I totally enjoyed. Both have awesome golf games and took Dawg and I to the woodshed. My beer count for the day had already been exceeded for the day by the time we teed it up with these young bucks. With the games they brought I doubt we could have whupped them on a perfect day. I would love to play golf with either of these guys again. Class folks for sure!

Thanks Gray, I appreciate that! I had an excellent time with you all, and you've got me thinking hard about the Air Force. Thanks to you and KB for putting this great event together, and I can't wait to get back next year!

Ole Gray;946162 Saturday afternoon DawgDaddy and I played against [B said:
Josh & Eagles golf. Two really fine young men who I totally enjoye[/B]d. Both have awesome golf games and took Dawg and I to the woodshed. My beer count for the day had already been exceeded for the day by the time we teed it up with these young bucks. With the games they brought I doubt we could have whupped them on a perfect day. I would love to play golf with either of these guys again. Class folks for sure!

I second that Gray, I played with Josh and Eagles both rounds Saturday and with Lefty on Saturday morning and Sunday. All are fine people and I am happy to count them as friends. I also played with butters and KellyBo on that Sunday round and would gladly team up with anyone of these fine folks as well as yourself any time. Great memories of a great time with great people. We will have to have a Lake Jonesco shoot out soon.

I second that Gray, I played with Josh and Eagles both rounds Saturday and with Lefty on Saturday morning and Sunday. All are fine people and I am happy to count them as friends. I also played with butters and KellyBo on that Sunday round and would gladly team up with anyone of these fine folks as well as yourself any time. Great memories of a great time with great people. We will have to have a Lake Jonesco shoot out soon.

MaryC is heading to our house tonight to hang out while she searches for an apartment. I am sure we all can get together for a mini get together sometime this week!

I remember my first 2 girls 1 cup. I threw up on my friend. I told him he deserved it. I wish I was there to see the reaction but my parents wanted me to get home. SW, I think the 'I got a girl pregnant' idea wouldn't have gone down so well with my folks. Especially when I have a ladyfriend.

MaryC is heading to our house tonight to hang out while she searches for an apartment. I am sure we all can get together for a mini get together sometime this week!

Sounds like a good idea to me buddy, just let me know. I am probably heading south to Tallahassee on Friday.

What can I say... Another great Georgia golf outing in the books....

My driving was not too bad until the latter part of the weekend when my fade started creeping back.
My approach shots sucked...Need to work on those...
My putting is usually a weak part of my game, but this weekend, the Seemore stood out a bit for me...

Friday - Old Union started off a little breezy and by 6:30pm was downright windy...Afterwards, we stopped and got some grub and cooked steaks and spicy sausage until about 10pm...Gray and the gang stopped by for a bit b4 heading back to their cabin.

Saturday - Butternut was chilly in the morning, but turned into a gorgeous day...I love those elevation changes in the mountain courses....Definitely makes you play a different game...Afterwards our cabin sort of split up and hit some restaurants. We got some huge helpings of food at the Armadillo grill...

Sunday -back at Old union started off at about 39° at tee time...after the minor frost delay, it could not have turned into a more gorgeous day...Ended back up in the parking lot where I passed out some cokes and leftover Spicy Sausage/Hot Dogs.

Couple of Shout Outs -
Kelly, Gray, and TOAD for setting up the golf and cabins..Thanks a bunch..
DMB012 - Thanks for being my Beer Bi*ch for 2 beers before passing out on the couch..Enjoyed the match round as well.
Setho - As always...great to talk about Nerd stuff and thanks for the Jane hat..
One-T - you're still as demented as ever...
Chewie - you are one mean, wine drinking machine....
Butters - Thanks for bringing the cigars, but I will make sure not to partake next time
To everyone else, I enjoyed meeting and playing with all of you....
I am definately looking forward to the next outing....

Bama

Butternut.jpg

What can I say... Another great Georgia golf outing in the books....

My driving was not too bad until the latter part of the weekend when my fade started creeping back.
My approach shots sucked...Need to work on those...
My putting is usually a weak part of my game, but this weekend, the Seemore stood out a bit for me...

Friday - Old Union started off a little breezy and by 6:30pm was downright windy...Afterwards, we stopped and got some grub and cooked steaks and spicy sausage until about 10pm...Gray and the gang stopped by for a bit b4 heading back to their cabin.

Saturday - Butternut was chilly in the morning, but turned into a gorgeous day...I love those elevation changes in the mountain courses....Definitely makes you play a different game...Afterwards our cabin sort of split up and hit some restaurants. We got some huge helpings of food at the Armadillo grill...

Sunday -back at Old union started off at about 39° at tee time...after the minor frost delay, it could not have turned into a more gorgeous day...Ended back up in the parking lot where I passed out some cokes and leftover Spicy Sausage/Hot Dogs.

Couple of Shout Outs -
Kelly, Gray, and TOAD for setting up the golf and cabins..Thanks a bunch..
DMB012 - Thanks for being my Beer Bi*ch for 2 beers before passing out on the couch..Enjoyed the match round as well.
Setho - As always...great to talk about Nerd stuff and thanks for the Jane hat..
One-T - you're still as demented as ever...
Chewie - you are one mean, wine drinking machine....
Butters - Thanks for bringing the cigars, but I will make sure not to partake next time
To everyone else, I enjoyed meeting and playing with all of you....
I am definately looking forward to the next outing....

Bama

Thanks Bama. It was an absolute pleasure playing with you on Friday!

Yes he did and yes it was. Some things can't be unseen.

--
tapatalk

Oh I feel for you. That is an awful sight

What, no short jokes about Bama standing on the curb?

DSCF0101.jpg

What, no short jokes about Bama standing on the curb?

DSCF0101.jpg

My wife just saw that pic and said, "Hols Sh*t, he is short! He should have Chunkylover's sig pic." But she said she would love to sit down and talk nerd stuff with you anytime Bama.

My turn. The Butternut pics are brighter and sharper. The Old Union ones are a bit muted, I guess because it was so early.
Also, hilly is Butternut, flat is Union.
DSC00704.jpg

Great view of Butternut

DSC00729.jpg

Wow. That's brighter than the sun. Brian T and chewie.

DSC00707.jpg

And there it is; Butternut Creek

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

View from the 1st tee area on Butternut.

DSC00709.jpg

More Butternut.

DSC00734.jpg

Old Union. That's SethO, One-T, Chewie and BrianT on the green.

DSC00703.jpg

Gorgeous.

DSC00733.jpg

Old Union par 3.

Last edited:
DSC00730.jpg

SethO aka Capt. Sligo

DSC00718.jpg

OG and his local buddies, Bruce and Danny
DSC00731.jpg

A gorgeous Par 3

DSC00719.jpg

Where the heck do we put the first tee shot of the morning? That tiny patch of grass between 5 bunkers?

DSC00726.jpg

Nice pond on Old Union

DSC00722.jpg

Butters and DawgDaddy

DSC00724.jpg

First shot on Old Union

DSC00716.jpg

Steam rising from Old Union. Temp was about 43.

DSC00723.jpg

Old Union

DSC00706.jpg

Butternut

DSC00725.jpg

Tough par 4 at Old Union. Miss one of the 12 bunkers and you might make par.

DSC00714.jpg

Waiting on first tee.

DSC00711.jpg

Up and back down at Butternut.

DSC00717.jpg

First cart out at Old Union.

Back