Luke Donald to play at Disney next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald dresses like he should work at Disney. Actually, I think I saw him at a character breakfast several years back.

Kevin

How awkward.. I'm not sure Mrs. Donald would appreciate Luke sauntering around to breakfast guests with no pants on.

Nothing bothers me more than when someone posts a response that renders me without a comeback. Damn you, and well played.

Nothing bothers me more than when someone posts a response that renders me without a comeback. Damn you, and well played.

Thaindog is in rare form today

Great news - really hope Luke pulls it off. He's played great this year on both sides of the pond and his results reflect that. Wins on both tours and multiple top 10 finishes. All that's missing is a major really. Nonetheless a great season for the No1 golfer in the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will win:

1) The tourney
2) Both money titles
3) POY

Go Luke!!!

Luke is one of my favorites. Ever since he signed my son's hat when he was clearly trying to avoid the masses at the Bridgestone he's tops in my book. Plus the guy owns the middle of the bag.

I am glad he is playing...I think winning the money title on both tours would be incredible!

Would love to see LD top both lists, he appears to be a calm and well liked player on both tours. He has had 2 good wins this year in 2 big events, 1 WGC event and the flagship PGA event on the European tour. Top player and a deserved winner of both lists.

On Maguiness on Tap on XM last night, John said that the winner of the money list title gets 5 years of exempt status on tour. 2 years is great, 5 years means you have a greater chance of getting a long term sponsorship with a company. Not to mention the POY title is still up in the air? Hell yes I'd play at Disney and see if the year could get better.

THIS ^^^^, that answers all the questions as to WHY?, With Webb Simpson, he was a relative unknown before this year and who knows how long this great run he is on will last????? A 5 year tour exemption takes alot of pressure off him and keeps him from having to struggle to keep his card if he should start to have issues.

if webb finishes in the top 19 he will go to the top of the money list but only just......meaning next week they will practically be all square so it would be a case of whoever finsishes above who.......

now that will make for great watching,i can't wait.

THIS ^^^^, that answers all the questions as to WHY?, With Webb Simpson, he was a relative unknown before this year and who knows how long this great run he is on will last????? A 5 year tour exemption takes alot of pressure off him and keeps him from having to struggle to keep his card if he should start to have issues.

And if WS doesn't top the list the $6m he win may just keep him and his family secure for a lifetime. I'm pretty sure he won't need to top the money list to keep his playing rights for 5 years, he's too good a player to worry about that.

And if WS doesn't top the list the $6m he win may just keep him and his family secure for a lifetime. I'm pretty sure he won't need to top the money list to keep his playing rights for 5 years, he's too good a player to worry about that.

So was David Duval.

So was David Duval.

Yip, and a good point however he is still playing on tour and to be fair had his share of back issues hence why his form has been streaky for a number of years.

Certainly is an exciting chase to top the money list all the same.

Cool. I hope he tops the money list. I'm not a very big Webb Simpson fan.

well it won't be as exciting now with webb doing so well this week.he is roughly 350 thousand dollars ahead of luke now so luke needs to win now,or if webb misses the cut maybe a 2nd would do it but i can't see it.

i wonde rif luke had thought about it more he could of played a few more tourneys in america or even the mcgladrey but from the sounds of it not many players would play the mcgladrey unless they had to....trying to earn their card for the following season and like in paul casey's case......play the mandatory 15 comps in 1 season.he did go on to say that he loved it so much that he'll be back next year,i wonder how many more you will say next year.

Luke Donald has played an awesome amount of golf this year and really couldn't play any more, we'll see how it all pans out next week but WS looks to have it in the bag barring an almighty collapse

If Webb makes the cut at all, Donald's gonna have to all but win to have a chance. I don't see a scenario where they could be playing together and it mean anything for the title. That would have been an awesome storyline had that been the case.

If Webb makes the cut at all, Donald's gonna have to all but win to have a chance. I don't see a scenario where they could be playing together and it mean anything for the title. That would have been an awesome storyline had that been the case.

whats the prize money difference between first and second this week? Seeing Luke and Webb 1-2 on sunday would certainly provide some awesome drama.

whats the prize money difference between first and second this week? Seeing Luke and Webb 1-2 on sunday would certainly provide some awesome drama.

This is gonna involve math. Head hurting begins now

Right now Webb's got a $363,029 dollar lead on Luke. The purse for the CMN classic is 4.7m, meaning the winner will get $846,000. Second'll get roughly $507,600. The difference being $338,400. If Luke wins, Webb has to finish second alone to still win. Tied for second won't even get it done (2 people T2, Luke wins by $69,371). If Luke came in second, he'd need Webb to do make under $144,571 which is a top 6 finish or better. That also being said, if Luke finishes 3rd, I believe he'd get 319,600 and still not get it done.

This is gonna involve math. Head hurting begins now

Right now Webb's got a $363,029 dollar lead on Luke. The purse for the CMN classic is 4.7m, meaning the winner will get $846,000. Second'll get roughly $507,600. The difference being $338,400. If Luke wins, Webb has to finish second alone to still win. Tied for second won't even get it done (2 people T2, Luke wins by $69,371). If Luke came in second, he'd need Webb to do make under $144,571 which is a top 6 finish or better. That also being said, if Luke finishes 3rd, I believe he'd get 319,600 and still not get it done.

you sir get a gold star for the day. If I read that correctly, it all boils down to Luke needing to win and have Webb finish T2 or worse OR Luke comes in 2nd and have Webb finish outside the top 6. Putting them together Thurs/Fri is a no brainer, hopefully some fireworks ensue.

you sir get a gold star for the day. If I read that correctly, it all boils down to Luke needing to win and have Webb finish T2 or worse OR Luke comes in 2nd and have Webb finish outside the top 6. Putting them together Thurs/Fri is a no brainer, hopefully some fireworks ensue.

Pretty much yeah. In words that would have been easier, but seeing it in money form makes it really boil down to one putt could determine the money title and possibly even POY. If they don't put them together Thursday and Friday it'd be a travesty!

I think putting them together Thur/Fri might play into Luke's hands....IF he is playing well. There's a whole lot of guys going to be out there this week scrapping for their future!

Good for Luke. He sees an opportunity to do something special and is willing to play to make it happen. I know one former world number 1 who we probably wouldn't have seen this sort of enthusiasm from.

Adds something to this event also. Fall series usually have a little trouble getting viewers, but something like this should help at least a little.

I love luke donald too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back