2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that would be a pretty good bet. Not knowing how the competition will work still has me wondering how we will all be split up. I don't remember being asked for a handicap. Guess we will have to wait and see what GG and JB have in store for us.

If I remember correctly, while it is a competition, it's not based off of handicaps. Although, I could be completely wrong on this.

If I remember correctly, while it is a competition, it's not based off of handicaps. Although, I could be completely wrong on this.

Hdcp or perceived hdcp are in play in making the teams

I wouldn't be shocked to see it be something like modified Stableford scoring where you get points for birdies, pars, etc. In that type of system, you could set it up that a double bogey or worse all had the same score, so people wouldn't be hurt as much by bad scores. It makes it a little more fun than a simple stroke-play event, and is probably better for amateurs like us.

I wouldn't have put it like that....misinformed....maybe and even that is a stretch
I know, was just joking around. Just remembered that the first post said skill does not matter, but does make sense to have teams based off of handicaps.

I wouldn't be shocked to see it be something like modified Stableford scoring where you get points for birdies, pars, etc. In that type of system, you could set it up that a double bogey or worse all had the same score, so people wouldn't be hurt as much by bad scores. It makes it a little more fun than a simple stroke-play event, and is probably better for amateurs like us.
Could be, and blowing up on a hole here or there wouldnt be the end of it for someone.

Awesome about teams announcement and I'm glad they are being spread out. The one day I got training all day at work this thread blows up!!!

I put on a hooking display today that would make Mrs Graybush blush. I felt like I was senile and playing Lake Jonesco with my shirt inside out.

Sent via Tapatalk

I put on a hooking display today that would make Mrs Graybush blush. I felt like I was senile and playing Lake Jonesco with my shirt inside out.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hawk -- I could get you straightened out as I no longer have that problem. I guess the older you become, the less you are inclined to walk the crooked and narrow path of a hooker. :D

I was so hoping that I would find out who's arse I was gonna stomp today... Guess it'll have to wait til manana.

Sent via Tapatalk

While I am sorry to hear this, your post still made me laugh

I was so hoping that I would find out who's arse I was gonna stomp today... Guess it'll have to wait til manana.

Are you in England or does the day end at 6pm where you are? :D still have 5 hours left in this day

As we are putting together these teams, there are quite a few on the list that are not active and Im struggling to figure out some things. Some were active in the past and others have never been active. This will be addressed.

Ok. I'm going to man up here.

Life got in the way with me these past couple of months and I virtually haven't been active like I was. I like the forum and it has allowed me to make some great new friends and I want that trend to continue. As I've stated before, I'm not here for the outing. That is a bonus. I'm here to be part of something.

I could ramble on but let's just leave it at that.

Don't ban me bro

Life got in the way with me these past couple of months and I virtually haven't been active like I was. I like the forum and it has allowed me to make some great new friends and I want that trend to continue. As I've stated before, I'm not here for the outing. That is a bonus. I'm here to be part of something.

Don't ban me bro

Nice post! It is great to hear from you again!

Are you in England or does the day end at 6pm where you are? :D still have 5 hours left in this day

Yep, and I will be checking in every 30 minutes at the least. :joy:

Yep, and I will be checking in every 30 minutes at the least. :joy:

Dawg you are about the same age as Sam Snead so you will probably be on that team :D..

Dawg you are about the same age as Sam Snead so you will probably be on that team :D..

You know better than to make fun of your elders you whippersnapper.

This is really exciting.. I will keep checking in throughout the day and tomorrow.. nerve-wracking in a good way

Don't ban me bro

Way to own it Brock, and welcome back to the forum! Hope to see a lot more of you going forward!

Hey Guys... With the teams coming out soon, I'm getting pretty nervous.. I've logged my last 10 games on oobgolf and am tracking a 36.4 handicap. I've got a trip over Christmas where Ill be able to play a good 7 rounds and Ill be able to play few rounds here and there, but winter is approaching in Edmonton! I guess Ill be hitting the indoor simulators to get that handicap down!!

I have only 2 weeks left in my season, so the outing is the only real thing that will get me through the winter. I hope to play some sim golf as well as get a lot of putting practice in. Hopefully next season I won't avg 34 putts a round.

Hey Guys... With the teams coming out soon, I'm getting pretty nervous.. I've logged my last 10 games on oobgolf and am tracking a 36.4 handicap. I've got a trip over Christmas where Ill be able to play a good 7 rounds and Ill be able to play few rounds here and there, but winter is approaching in Edmonton! I guess Ill be hitting the indoor simulators to get that handicap down!!

Dont worry you have been playing a lot better than a 36 lately and you will be a lot lower before the outing.

I still have a bunch of golf lessons left.. and maybe a bit of mini golf in West Edmonton Mall when it hits -40 will help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back