Clop

Reaction score
Handicap
15ish
Well, just finished a little golf trip, played Sand Hollow, Wolf Creek, and The Chase at Coyote Springs. All great courses, though Wolf Creek wasn't in the best condition since they had recently overseeded and were waiting to cut the fairways.

Anyways, first day at Sand Hollow, hit a drive about 240, and the head of my driver went about 40 yards! Basically snapped the shaft right above the straight-fit part of the hosel. It's last years VR driver with the Voodoo shaft (I bought the driver this spring from Global Golf). So after talking to a few golf shops, I guess the procedure is sending the club back to Nike to see if they'll cover it or not.

Anyone have any experience with Nike's warranty program? If it's not covered, then I'll probably just buy a new driver rather than reshaft this one since shafts are about the price of a new driver it seems.

Thanks

Contact Nike directly they are great to deal with and you should have no problem getting it replaced.

Contact Nike directly they are great to deal with and you should have no problem getting it replaced.

+1. All of the major OEM's wil take care of you as long as everything is legit. The last thing they want is negative PR.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will give their customer service a call tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will give their customer service a call tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed!

Just make sure you have the serial # ready for them and they will be more then happy to help you out.

Received my Nike driver back today (one week after Nike received it). They put a brand new shaft on the club, and even gave me a new New Decade grip, same color that I had. No complaints here with Nike's customer service, thanks for the help!

Received my Nike driver back today (one week after Nike received it). They put a brand new shaft on the club, and even gave me a new New Decade grip, same color that I had. No complaints here with Nike's customer service, thanks for the help!

Awesome to hear! Glad Nike helped

Nike is generally very good with their warranties and customer support across all their products.

Companies don't get enough credit for taking care of their customers like this.

Had the same problem with my VR Pro..broke off right at the Str8-Fit. Took it back to Golfsmith, one week later they called me and let me go pick a brand new one off the rack. This is something they're struggling with I think as I've seen plenty of this problem happening, but Nike made right by me and I love the club so.....

Yeah, I'm very satisfied with the experience. Had Nike rejected my claim, I certainly would not consider them in my future purchases. I don't know how other OEMs are, but Nike's treatment definitely helped establish some brand loyalty with me.

Yeah, I'm very satisfied with the experience. Had Nike rejected my claim, I certainly would not consider them in my future purchases. I don't know how other OEMs are, but Nike's treatment definitely helped establish some brand loyalty with me.
Yep, I'd heard of some people saying that Nike took the driver, repaired it, branded it with an R and sent it back. I think there was some backlash about that and they've changed their approach to make things right and have done a great job IMO. I was really scared that I would receive the aforementioned only 30+ days after buying a new driver. They did a great job in making things right asap.

Very nice! Always good to hear positive feedback when the OEM's do good.

Back