Titleist AP2 vs R11

waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
For those who have hit the AP2s and have tried the Taylormade range of R11, TP CBs, how does the AP2s compare. Tried some Mizuno forged clubs and loved the feel but not the lack of forgivness.

I tried the ap2 and the r11. Both felt great, but I went with the r11. I felt I could feel the ball on the face better with the r11. I did hit the ap2 about 2 yards farther on the launch monitor. I hit the tm mb and that was a sweet stick too

AP2 for me everytime

I recently hit them both and the AP2 for me was an all around better club, the R11 was nice and great looking though

They are very different clubs. A better comparison would be R11 vs AP1 in my opinion. Or AP2 and MC

AP2 for me, but JB is right about the AP1 and R11 comparison.

Is there a recent R11 review yet?

Agreed with the comparison between the R11 and the AP1 - both cast, both have a little larger face and sole, and both have a slight bit more forgiveness than the AP2.

I've been trying to make this comparison as well...anyone have any preferences between the AP1 or the R11s?

Agreed with the comparison between the R11 and the AP1 - both cast, both have a little larger face and sole, and both have a slight bit more forgiveness than the AP2.

I've been trying to make this comparison as well...anyone have any preferences between the AP1 or the R11s?

I like the R11s but I do like the AP line but for overall playability for me it's the R11. Granted the R11s are in my bag and the AP have gotten limited swings but from what I can recall the ball felt hard of the face, the shots I hit didn't spring off the face it was more of a ricochet

Back