WITB Winners 10-16-11

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ben Crane
PGA Tour: McGladrey Classic
Driver: Titleist 910D2 (7.5 degree; Mitsubishi Bassara Wyvern 50x shaft)
Fairway Woods: TaylorMade V Steel 3-wood (15 degree; Mitsubishi Diamana Blue board 93 shaft) and Titleist 910F 5-wood (17 degree; Mitsubishi Diamana Blue board 93 shaft)
Hybrid: Titleist 910H (21 degree; UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore 100 shaft)
Irons (5-PW): Titleist AP2 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design (51, 56 and 60 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shafts)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #5
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Tom Lewis
European Tour: Portugal Masters
Driver: Ping G20 (9.5 degree; Aldila Voodoo XNV6 shaft)
Fairway Woods: Ping G5 3-wood (15.5 degree; Aldila XVS7 shaft) and Ping G5 5-wood (18.5 degree; Aldila NV75X shaft)
Irons (3-PW): Ping S56 (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Wedges: Ping Anser (52 and 58 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine H
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Na Yeon Choi
LPGA: LPGA Malaysia
Driver: Callaway RAZR Hawk (8.5 degree)
Fairway Woods: Callaway Big Bertha 3-wood (13 degree; Mitsubishi Bassara Standard 63S shaft) and Callaway Big Bertha 4-wood (17 degree)
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP FCT (19 degree; Graphite Design YS-6 shaft) and TaylorMade Rescue TP FCT (22 degree; Fujikura 270 shaft)
Irons (5-PW): Callaway X-Forged
Wedges: Callaway X-Forged (52 and 58 degrees)
Putter: Rife Abaco
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Fred Couples
Champions Tour: AT&T Championship
Driver: TaylorMade R9 460 (8.5 degree; Fujikura Speeder 665 shaft)
Fairway Wood: Callaway FT-i 3-wood (15 degree)
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue 11 (Aldila NV 105 shaft)
Irons (3-PW): Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity
Wedges: TaylorMade TP XFT ZTP (56 degree) and Cleveland 588 (58 degree)
Putter: TaylorMade Imola 6 (long)
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330

Jason Kokrak
Nationwide Tour: Miccosukee Championship
Driver: Cleveland SL 290 (9 degree; Miyazaki Kusala 83 shaft)
Fairway Wood: Cleveland Launcher FL 3-wood (14 degree; Miyazaki Kusala 83 shaft)
Irons (3-PW): Cleveland CG16
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52, 56 and 60 degree)
Putter: Scotty Cameron RD Concept 1
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

It was nice to see Freddie get another win. I think everyone wishes that had that laid back swing. I envy his swing.

Interesting clubs in the bags!

I did not know that Freddie played the R9 and then cool to see the Cleveland gear in Kronak's bag with the Miya shafts.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks JB. This is really cool. I like seeing the G5 woods from Lewis. Old school. I always love reaing what's in the pros bags.

• Admin

I did not know that Freddie played the R9 and then cool to see the Cleveland gear in Kronak's bag with the Miya shafts.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That win gets him to the PGA Tour next year.

That win gets him to the PGA Tour next year.

Very nice! Are his 588's the new releases or old school? Know offhand?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Fairway woods are always a good one to look at in these bags. Such a difficult club to switch up and it looks true all the way to the pros. Ben still playing a TM V-Steel too!

• Admin
I thought for sure couples would have the J40s in the bag.

love that Kokrak is gaming 588s. Interesting to see the CG16s as his irons too...

Freddy's bag is definitely an odd one, but it seems to be working for him this year.

CG16's. That is crazy. I always think it's interesting to see the fairway woods since it seems like they are always the oldest club in everybody's bag.

Very interesting that Freddie is playing the R9 rather than the R11. Although, I still remember Freddie playing the ladies 3-Wood (Tom Watson's wife?) during the early 1990's -- and hitting it about 280 (when people other than Daly couldn't hit it 300 with their driver).

CG16's. That is crazy. I always think it's interesting to see the fairway woods since it seems like they are always the oldest club in everybody's bag.

Fairway woods tend to be the hardest to find one you like and hit well. I'm definitely not a pro, but I've still got a fairway wood in my bag that's 6 years old that I won't take out for anything. I like the profile, the sound, and the ease of hitting it off the tee or fairway/rough.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I didn't know that either or that he has a Callaway FT-i wood. I owned one of those and it was not good at all for me. I thought it was a very low rated wood for Callaway. Interesting stuff.

Nice to see Crane bagging only up to 5-iron. He's more like us!

Fairway woods are always a good one to look at in these bags. Such a difficult club to switch up and it looks true all the way to the pros. Ben still playing a TM V-Steel too!

Yes- makes me feel better about my 2005 bb titanium 5wd. Still love that club!!

Back