Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple weeks ago i chipped in from about 40 yards for par at Tour 18 (which is a replica course of "the greatest 18 holes in america") in houston on the 1st hole of amen corner. pretty awesome feeling doing that and then looking up and seeing the leaderboard from the 2011 masters.

A couple weeks ago i chipped in from about 40 yards for par at Tour 18 (which is a replica course of "the greatest 18 holes in america") in houston on the 1st hole of amen corner. pretty awesome feeling doing that and then looking up and seeing the leaderboard from the 2011 masters.
Played there...fun course.

Best shot of my round. Par 5, down 3 strokes to my buddy. He's in the woods, I pure my 4i from the rough about 215 over the greenside water. Lands and sticks...now down only 1.

270 par 4 over water with bunkers either side of the green! Took 3 wood put it to within 10 feet! I worked out that the carry was 255! Missed the eagle put but tap in birdie yes please!

#18 At Heatherwoode yesterday. Hit 1 fairway all day, had 8 penalty strokes, 7 off of the tee, just needs to keep the ball in play. 425 yard par 4. Hit my 3 wood, low trajectory, so it got some roll. Got up to the ball (which was a range ball I had been play for the hell of it) and I only had 135 to the green, so a 290 yard 3 wood (thanks wind at back and roll). Lead to a par, 2 full holes with the range ball, par-par

the wife and I played in a couples scramble at our club yesterday. I couldn't hit $h1t with my driver, and my putting was mediocre, but my irons and wedges were smokin all day and despite the high winds, I had a number of really nice approach shots that left us within 8' of the pin which we were able to convert for birdie. one in particular is hole 9. a long uphill approach and the front half of the green has a hard slope back to the fairway. we were about 130yds out, pin on the back. wind in our face. I hit a high 7 iron dead at the pin....straight as a string, bounced once on the green and disappeared over the horizon. my scramble partner said "if it disappears on the green, it's a good shot." when we walked up, it was inside the leather. It had landed about a foot in front of the pin and came to rest about a foot behind the pin. Tapped-in for birdie,

During my round Saturday at Frog Rock, the wind was swirling around like mad. I hit a mega slice off the tee on the 493-yard par 5 8th hole, but got a lucky lie in the rough. Hit my 3-wood to about 125 from the green, which has a wicked downslope to a pin that was (thankfully) placed at the bottom of the slope. The wind started gusting, and didn't stop...so I took my PW and hit a beautiful knockdown that bounced once in the fringe, then slowly rolled down the green to about 8 feet from the cup. Woefully, I missed the birdie putt but was satisfied with a par. Haven't had to hit so many knockdown shots as that round...

I hit a Tiger Woods style duck hook into some water. I had 220 to the pin from my drop. I pulled a 3 iron and put that sucker on the back of the green about 45 feet past the pin. I two putted to save a bogey. Could have been much much worse. Sometimes a bogey feels like a par.

80 yards into the wind knock down 56 wedge hit the flag and dropped in eagle yes please..

140 yards in 30-40mph winds, I stuck a 7 iron to 3 feet and tapped in for birdie on 9 (18th hole, started on back 9). It was a great way to finish off the round.

I actually had two great shots this weekend on the same hole! Number 16 hole at Old Union golf course at the Georgia Get Together is a fairly long par 3 into a green with a waterfall and pond on the right. I birdied this hole both days. On Friday I hit the ball to two feet and made it. On Sunday I hit another great shot in to about four feet behind the flag and birdied it again! Made my weekend for sure:blob:

Two shots stand out from Saturday:

- 300 yard, cart-path riding pull hook that left me with an easy approach that I promptly shanked to the other side of the fairway.

- Layup over a lake on a par 5 that hit the water and skipped onto the fairways. Just a thing of beauty.

ill keep the trend going
i had 2 shots too
long par5 #9 hooked my 2nd shot into the water trying to lay up so i had to go for it to save score
i hit a big draw over the water 220 against the wind to the back left of the green... glad to walk away with a bogey
long par4 #15 i was in the right trees and could only see the left half of the green with the flag on the right
i hit a great 8i slicing around the tree in front of me 5ft below the flag... missed birdie tap in par

Second shot on the 4th hole. Under some trees, hit a punch-like shot with my 56*. Kept it low and right at the pin. Unfortunately ran it slightly over the green. It's in my Hole of the Day vid if you want to check it out over there.

I can honestly say I hit a 300 yard drive today! Downhill the whole way! Normally hit it about 250 but on this 400 yard par 4 my second shot came from inside the red stake at about 80 yds out. My half wedge rolled off the back and I ended up with bogey??!!

Two shots stand out from Saturday:

- 300 yard, cart-path riding pull hook that left me with an easy approach that I promptly shanked to the other side of the fairway.

- Layup over a lake on a par 5 that hit the water and skipped onto the fairways. Just a thing of beauty.

You're supposed to keep the mention of the cart path on the QT!

hit a drive in the 260 range today and most of the day i was wedges into alot of the greens

I blocked my drive on 18 into a grove of trees. I was left with a side hill lie in the right rough with a little window around one tree and them over the next. I hood my seven from 163 into the breeze and hit the perfect shot. It cleared the trouble and drew in nicely to the middle of green below the pin.

I had a sand shot on the par 3 6th today. 10ft below the level of the green and 15 yds from the pin. Knocked it to 3 ft. Also on the par 5 7th I had a bunker shot at green level but about 335 yds from the pin. Knocked that one to 8 ft.

this year i had 2 shots that were the best of the season.

the first was on the 18th at callander.the hole is a 320 yrd par 4 uphill,pretty straight forward with 1 fairway binker to the right and 1 greenside binker to the left.everything on the hole runs to the left and the green is an absolute nightmare,you need to be below the hole to even contemplate making the putt.

i left myself roughly 70 yrds out and hit a perfect 3/4 56* wedge shot that was peppering the flag,i couldn't only see the top half of the flag but was happy enough that it would be close enough to make par.but when i got up to the green there was no ball,just a pitch mark about 2ft in front of the hole......very happy!!!!

the other shot was on sunday there at callander again,this time it was my 2nd shot to the 7th hole.i love this hole,it has been extended to 300yrds and has a lovely usga green that is very firm and looks great.the hole now resembles something you would see on the uspga tour.i hit a lovely 3 iron of the tee that left me about 70-80 yrds out,it's hard to judge the distance to the green because the green is slightly lower and there is a ditch infront of the green making the green look closer than it really is.

i played the 56* wedge and caught it perfect,it landed about 8ft in front of the hole and took 2 bounces straight and went straight in the hole......that eagle took me to -1 and the momentum continued over the next 2 holes and i was -3 thru 10.

I did not have any full shots that jump out from my 9 yesterday, but I did roll in a 15 footer for par on my last hole; so that would be my shot of the round.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I actually had two great shots this weekend on the same hole! Number 16 hole at Old Union golf course at the Georgia Get Together is a fairly long par 3 into a green with a waterfall and pond on the right. I birdied this hole both days. On Friday I hit the ball to two feet and made it. On Sunday I hit another great shot in to about four feet behind the flag and birdied it again! Made my weekend for sure:blob:

I did not know you birded it on Sunday too, great job buddy. That birdie on Friday was beautiful.

Still have 9 to go but already had my shot of the day. 164 yard par 3 and hit 6 iron to inside 5 feet. Make the birdie!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Flubbed the tee shot on a par 4 today and it left 208 downhill to the green. It required about a 10 to 15 yard hook to keep the ball in play, I hit a super (for me) 4 hybrid to the green and saved par on a hole that had bogie written all over it.

a guy let me play thru today and he was sitting on the left side of the fw behind a tree (i usually miss left)
hit a nice high draw off the tee to the 150 stick right in the middle of the fw
love hearing "nice shot" when it actually was one

Third hole, a par 4 dogleg right. I hit my tee shot down the left side of the fairway trying to fade it back to the middle. Well I hit a double cross and hit it left with a draw. Ended up behind a tall fir tree about 135 to the middle of the green. I could not see the green as it was above me and the fir tree was in my line of sight. I could only see the right edge of the sand trap protecting the front part of the green. I walked up by the tree and saw where the pin was in the back right in line with the middle of the trap. So I walked back to the ball and tried to just hit it over the fir tree (about 25-30 feet tall. Hit a beautiful shot up over the tree and then I could not see anything else. One of my partners yells out I think it went in the hole. Got to the green and the pitch mark was about 6 feet from the pin and YES the ball was in the cup for an eagle. :clapp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back