Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a CO detector?

No, but she's over it and at work. I generally get it this time of year.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Hope you get better soon, buddy!

Edit: And go get a CO detector.

So my boss walks by and see's me "researching" on THP and ask something about how the break/fix ticket queue is doing? So whats my rant? He makes this remark on his way out to smoke. For the 10th time or so during the day. Then he just comes back by and says "How's the queue doing?" and so I say "How those cigarettes going?"

wtc

So my boss walks by and see's me "researching" on THP and ask something about how the break/fix ticket queue is doing? So whats my rant? He makes this remark on his way out to smoke. For the 10th time or so during the day. Then he just comes back on and says "How's the queue doing?" and so I say "How those cigarettes going?"

wtc

You should've slapped him across his smokey face with your iPad dude. Tapatalk that man in his face!

Why would I ruin a good iPad like that? And it doesnt come to work except on Sundays to watch the RedZone channel.

Now that I think about it, throw some brown sugar in there, too. It might take a few trial runs. Could be fun getting hammered while you perfect it.

Of course if it was me in the old days, while mixing I would be drinking a dark rum and Diet Coke. I'd just kind of show the rum the Coke.

Kevin

I like my rum and cokes extremely dry. I pour the rum while looking at a picture of John Pemberton, the man who invented Coca Cola, and then I drink it.

Why would I ruin a good iPad like that? And it doesnt come to work except on Sundays to watch the RedZone channel.

If an iPad can't survive a smack to a man's face then it's not worth the price.

hahaha. Don't you know smoke breaks don't count? It's just like going to the bathroom.

I though it was funny in the food industry that if you didn't smoke you didn't get a break.

Great way to fix that that someone did to me back in the day. Next time he goes outside to smoke, just grab your IPad and go with him. Then while he is smoking, just stand there and do your thing on your IPad. Then when he goes back inside, go back with him. Repeat steps for like a full day or two.

Great way to fix that that someone did to me back in the day. Next time he goes outside to smoke, just grab your IPad and go with him. Then while he is smoking, just stand there and do your thing on your IPad. Then when he goes back inside, go back with him. Repeat steps for like a full day or two.

lol I was thinking something along those lines. "Oh hey you going out to smoke? Cool I'll be surfing the internet till you get back!"

That's awesome! Gotta try that sometime with my cell phone!

So my boss walks by and see's me "researching" on THP and ask something about how the break/fix ticket queue is doing? So whats my rant? He makes this remark on his way out to smoke. For the 10th time or so during the day. Then he just comes back by and says "How's the queue doing?" and so I say "How those cigarettes going?"

wtc

Im not sure how that works. I dont think its right of him to say that because he is taking a bunch of smoke breaks. Where I work it is a Smoke Free Enviorrnment (Hospital) so luckily we dont have anyone like that, but my boss doesnt like me on THP either hehe

lol I was thinking something along those lines. "Oh hey you going out to smoke? Cool I'll be surfing the internet till you get back!"

That's awesome! Gotta try that sometime with my cell phone!

I had a guy every time I went on a break, grab his PDA (its been a few years) and follow me outside. He never said a word to me, but would sit there and do stuff on his PDA. Then when I went in, he followed me right inside. Every time and never said a word about it. It infuriated me.

I had a guy every time I went on a break, grab his PDA (its been a few years) and follow me outside. He never said a word to me, but would sit there and do stuff on his PDA. Then when I went in, he followed me right inside. Every time and never said a word about it. It infuriated me.

he must have wanted a piece of that asss

That would be hilarious. Do it.

That's odd. Was there any conversation about what he was doing?

That would be hilarious. Do it.

That's odd. Was there any conversation about what he was doing?

Nope, he was doing it to prove a point after I asked why he was messing with it in the office. And he was right.

Nope, he was doing it to prove a point after I asked why he was messing with it in the office. And he was right.
Heck of a way to prove a point, clever actually.

Haha that is funny. I dont mean to knock on smokers or anything (I have been using chewing tobacco since I turned 18) so this isnt about saying smoking is wrong or bad for you. I just think everyone should be afforded the same types of breaks. If it takes you 5 minutes for every smoke break and you have 8 of them, that is 40 minutes you didnt work that everyone else did. Not sure how to fix it, but somehow it should be evened out

Haha that is funny. I dont mean to knock on smokers or anything (I have been using chewing tobacco since I turned 18) so this isnt about saying smoking is wrong or bad for you. I just think everyone should be afforded the same types of breaks. If it takes you 5 minutes for every smoke break and you have 8 of them, that is 40 minutes you didnt work that everyone else did. Not sure how to fix it, but somehow it should be evened out

I made the Nurses that I work with start clocking in and out for smoke breaks. And they are still required to leave on time. Dont complain that there isnt enough time to get the work done when you are only clocked in for 7 hours.

He just annoys me. Pretty much everything about this place does. I think it's a total double standard how a smoking habit means you get to go outside whenever you feel the need. Hey I need to go choke the chicken. Is that cool?

~Don't drink and tapatalk~

He just annoys me. Pretty much everything about this place does. I think it's a total double standard how a smoking habit means you get to go outside whenever you feel the need. Hey I need to go choke the chicken. Is that cool?

Certain people might think that's pretty hot. Certain people.

Kevin

If you could take 5 of those kind of breaks every day for a week, you would officially be superman.

I thought this was suppose to be super awesome job when you got it, or vaguely recall that. Sounds kinda sucky now.

Yes, people in the IT industry surf the net while at work. Deal with it. It's their reward for having to listen to you ask about your broken cup holder or how your computer can't see the printer even when you and the screen are looking straight at it.

I thought this was suppose to be super awesome job when you got it, or vaguely recall that. Sounds kinda sucky now.

Yes, people in the IT industry surf the net while at work. Deal with it. It's their reward for having to listen to you ask about your broken cup holder or how your computer can't see the printer even when you and the screen are looking straight at it.

Tuna is making a bid for best poster of the year with this kind of stuff. Preach on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back