Putter Question - Would You Use This

I would say that I can't believe you people say you wouldn't play something because of it's looks, but then I remember about the Cleveland VAS irons. haha

I will try certain things. But this one is just a little too far out there for me. I'm not bashing the company or product, but it's just not for me. If it works, that's great for those who use it, but I'll stick to a more traditional putter for now...

I would definitely roll it. I really like the weight

I probably would not. I would have to see it in person though. At the same time, I just haven't found much success with a center shaft.

I will try certain things. But this one is just a little too far out there for me. I'm not bashing the company or product, but it's just not for me. If it works, that's great for those who use it, but I'll stick to a more traditional putter for now...
I'm just joking. I never played the VAS irons because they were so hideous.

Pretty simple for me....NO!!!

Have to put a paper bag over it?

If it works and improves my game sure! I'd use a giant boot on a stick if it made me better.

I'm just joking. I never played the VAS irons because they were so hideous.

They're pretty! They had that classic "Roadkill Racoon on the Highway" sort of look and purple dotty thing.....OFF TOPIC!!!

I like the look of it in the picture. I love that it comes with the center shaft option. Would I game it? Couldn't answer that for sure without rolling one a bunch. I do like the looks of it though.

I would not use it. I know.....I know. Just too much of a purist when it comes to some things.

Yes.

I initially thought that it'd have to sound funny. Maybe hollow, thin, or frail but it sounds very nice.

Yes.

I initially thought that it'd have to sound funny. Maybe hollow, thin, or frail but it sounds very nice.

Agreed, I was expecting a loud "TING" sound.

Hey thanks everyone! I am the inventor of the MxV1 golf putter and the President of MxVGolf. I've read your reviews and appreciate your feedback. The MxV1 putter is precision milled and features Center Strike Technology™ for a more accurate strike at the ball's center of gravity. It offers a true roll, zero backspin. I created this based on the logic that a ball hitting a ball of the same size, will hit that ball at the center of gravity every time (Newton's Cradle demonstrating momentum). I can tell you I have improved my short game (I need all the help I can get) and those of many others with the MxV. Ugly? Ha. Perhaps. Ugly accurate. You'll be amazed at its performance - and that's not just because I said so. I invite you to take a look at our YouTube channel and encourage you to try the MxV1. As always, you can always email me to discuss the club or for more information. Again, thank you all for the dialog and remember... You get to the green, we'll take it from there. Have fun! Brian

That thing looks freaking sweet! It's so not-normal that I'd be ALL over it in a heart beat!
I actually get sick of looking at normal putters after awhile (hence my lust for a Machine Putter).

Welcome to THP, Brian! Head over to the Check-In Desk and introduce yourself to everyone.

I'm really intrigued by this putter.

Hey thanks everyone! I am the inventor of the MxV1 golf putter and the President of MxVGolf. I've read your reviews and appreciate your feedback. The MxV1 putter is precision milled and features Center Strike Technology™ for a more accurate strike at the ball's center of gravity. It offers a true roll, zero backspin. I created this based on the logic that a ball hitting a ball of the same size, will hit that ball at the center of gravity every time (Newton's Cradle demonstrating momentum). I can tell you I have improved my short game (I need all the help I can get) and those of many others with the MxV. Ugly? Ha. Perhaps. Ugly accurate. You'll be amazed at its performance - and that's not just because I said so. I invite you to take a look at our YouTube channel and encourage you to try the MxV1. As always, you can always email me to discuss the club or for more information. Again, thank you all for the dialog and remember... You get to the green, we'll take it from there. Have fun! Brian

Welcome to THP, Brian!

I love the thought behind this putter, especially with the Newtown's Cradle idea. In theory, that tech makes sense, and hitting the ball at the center of gravity would seem to give a better roll. Really liked the youtube vidos that were posted, seemed to work well for those that were on camera.

Thank you! Umm... where is the check in desk (he asks as if he's asking the front desk where the restrooms are...?)

Welcome to THP, Brian! Head over to the Check-In Desk and introduce yourself to everyone.

I'm really intrigued by this putter.

Click on the "Forums" tab at the top of the page. The Check-In Desk is the first one you'll come to.

If it helps my putting? Heck ya

Some other info about the MxV1

Some other info about the MxV1

I don't want to wear out my welcome here everyone, so please pardon my replies but... why not hear what you need to directly from the source?

First of all, I'm encouraged and fascinated by the overwhelming variety of responses to this thread. You've all got us talking hear at MxVGolf about the kinds of feedback we've had through our R&D, our beta field testing and now - the social media. Bottom line is YOU GET IT. Almost everyone here sees the merits of the MxV1 at face value (pun intended). Our Center Strike Technology™ is a sight to behold - especially with the likes of me behind the ball. I'm telling you - I almost have no business on the green, I'm lucky to have gotten there, but when I do, whether on a long putt or inside of the donut, the MxV1 gives me the confidence to hit a straight shot to the hole, every time.

So what's the catch? There is none. But I would be remiss if I didn't add one crucial component required during the use of the MxV1...

We've found that most, almost all golfers, when using the MxV1 for the first time will set up the club as they have every putter they've ever used. If I told you this is a new tool with a different set of directions, you'd get that you couldn't use it exactly the same way, right? Well, think of the MxV1 that way. You don't have to change your stroke - the MxV1 promotes a balanced, pendulum swing, the more you use it. What you do have to do is to set up the club so that it remains parallel to the ground. Most golfers tend to lift the toe, heel down as you often do with a standard flat faced putter. It is crucial that the MxV1 glide along a the same plane that the ball sits on as it targets towards the center of gravity - the ultimate target to ensure a true roll. Take a look at how PGA pro, George Devita does it in our demo: http://www.youtube.com/user/MxVGolf#p/a/u/0/7RjkljbfwgA

The set up is pretty simple, and even easier to get used to as soon as you start sinking balls.
How we instruct, goes a little like this (maybe not as long-winded):

1. Sole the putter evenly on the green with a slight forward press. You are positioned over the ball.
2. Use the top edge alignment aid along with the back ball profile to aim towards your target.
3. With the forward press, cock the head slightly forward so that only the top groove of the putter face is visible.
4. Engage your backswing smoothly and steady with the tick-tock of a clock rhythm in your head.
5. Swing confidently forward, with the club face returning to its original position behind the ball at at its center.

I'll be happy to respond to any questions you may have and thank you for your comments.

I would game it in a second if it helped me sink putts. Admittedly the worst part of my game.

Edit and how cool is it that the inventor is here chatting with us. Very cool!

If I putted better with it I sure would, I actually think its pretty damn cool looking

I think I would try it out and if it worked. I would game it.

It's a beauty - leather, magnetic closure, full embroidered logos. You can see a picture of it on the website at mxvgolf.com under "gallery."
While you're at it, maybe you'd like to follow us on twitter, facebook and youtube - and of course at THP!

Thanks for your interest in MxVGolf!

I want to know what kind of headcover you get for that?

Greetings from MxVGolf. There are actually two alignment aids on the MxV1. The first, ball width markers at the top leading edge of the putter face and the second, a cut out ball profile on the back deck. Used together, they provide a nice system for aligning the MxV1 with its Center Strike Technology™. You can see the club close up at mxvgolf.com or go to our youtube channel and see the use of alignment for yourself.
Thank you for your interest in MxVGolf. Cheers!

If I made putts with it then heck yeah I would game it. I mean come on a couple of years ago how ugly did we think the spider line was when it came out?? Or remember when Mickelson first used the Futura on tour.

If the ball goes in with this thing more consitantly then in my bag it goes!

Needs an alignment aid though

I see you have belly and long putter shafts as well. Would you be able to do custom lengths? (I need 39 or 40 inches)

Back