SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

I'll just throw this out there because it's late. Take it for what you will :)

Skip the belly. Get the Si3 with the center shaft. Really throw yourself into the O'Brien method. You're young and have natural ability. I bet you could come away a MUCH better putter if you did it.

Listen to Hawk....he is smart.

I thought about trying the belly but I have ZERO desire to even attempt to change now. Learning curve with a standard SeeMore and the Pat O'Brien method is much shorter than what you would go through with the belly.....unless you have all the time in the world to practice it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'll just throw this out there because it's late. Take it for what you will :)

Skip the belly. Get the Si3 with the center shaft. Really throw yourself into the O'Brien method. You're young and have natural ability. I bet you could come away a MUCH better putter if you did it.

I may. I'm still thinking about it. I may get the belly to try it out, then get a regular putter if that doesn't work out. I think it's hard to say which method is better especially after this year on Tour. I do appreciate your input though. I think the O'Brien method seems really good, and I figured out today when on the phone with SeeMore that my regular putter now is the right length for me, but that I was too hunched over. I plan on trying to get into their method with that putter in the meantime. We shall see.

I have to agree with Cook and Hawk here D. I think if you watch some of the O'Brien putting methods, as well as some of the other SeeMore videos, you would be much better off than trying to convert to a belly putter right now.

Listen to Hawk....he is smart.

I thought about trying the belly but I have ZERO desire to even attempt to change now. Learning curve with a standard SeeMore and the Pat O'Brien method is much shorter than what you would go through with the belly.....unless you have all the time in the world to practice it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

There's my logic: I am still only 17 (18 tomorrow!!), so I have plenty of time to try both methods out to see what works better for me. I practice plenty and am in no rush. Besides, having a belly putter seems like a cool experience to me, and I just figure why not try? Worst that can happen is that ot doesn't work and I lose a little bit of my golfing life. No big deal. :D

There's my logic: I am still only 17 (18 tomorrow!!), so I have plenty of time to try both methods out to see what works better for me. I practice plenty and am in no rush. Besides, having a belly putter seems like a cool experience to me, and I just figure why not try? Worst that can happen is that ot doesn't work and I lose a little bit of my golfing life. No big deal. :D

Here's a thought. Maybe get the standard SeeMore and then get the add on belly piece. Best of both worlds potentially??

Tappin' from my iPad!

If you want a belly putter just to try it out, why not purchase something like the Belly Putt conversion kit? Or pick up the Cleveland Almost Belly in a few weeks? Much better options, price-wise, if you only want something to try out.

I hear you dude. You have to do what you think will work for you.

order an extra grip and have it cut down if you don't like it. It will be a slightly heavier head, maybe 20-30 grams. But it's not a waste if you don't like the belly putter.

If you want a belly putter just to try it out, why not purchase something like the Belly Putt conversion kit? Or pick up the Cleveland Almost Belly in a few weeks? Much better options, price-wise, if you only want something to try out.

I'm not so worried about this. If I don't like it, I'll put it aside and get a regular one later. I have plenty of time, and I'm not in any sort of rush to improve. And besides, if I have to put it aside I would like to keep it just in case I'd ever like to try it again later. But thanks for all of your guys inputs and ideas! You guys are so helpful! I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

I feel like a broken record sometimes, but I'll sing the Seemore praises again.

The one thing I've really wanted out of my putting game for soooo long is just the ability to make some of those 10-20 footers when it counted. I literally would go rounds without making anything other than tap-ins. I'm still not 100% where I want to be, but I am making some putts finally. Today, I had two that really made the difference in my round.

#1 was after hitting a green about 30 feet to the left of the pin. I hit a horrible lag and was left with around 12 feet slightly crossing and downhill for par. Took my time to line it up and dropped it for a par.

#2 was an uphill birdie putt from 15-20 feet. No real break, so I lined it up and drained it. I did fist pump haha.

Those two putts were the difference between making my goal for the day (sub 90) and not making it.

I hear ya Hawk. I had some bad for me (33/34 putt rounds) over the last few weeks and went back to a closer stance to the ball today. Still missed 2 within 8 feet but dropped putts to save par from 12, 15, and 21 feet today. BIG difference when you can drop some putts to get a par or bogey and avoid a big number. Always a work in progress and always room for improvement.

28 putts today with a good mix of tap ins and longer ones dropped.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's excellent. I haven't counted my putts in a few rounds, but the last one I did was 30 putts, which is a solid improvement for me. I was consistently around 36 for a good deal of the summer.

I'm so pumped to get mine. I often have rounds where I don't make anything that's not a tap-in. My current putter is a low-level $50 putter with no insert. No feel, and the alignment system is turrible. I feel like after everything you guys have said, I will be disappointed if I miss anything inside 15 feet lol.

My SeeMore will be here Tuesday, can't get here fast enough. Looking for some more info on the O'Obrien grip right now.

You will love it D! We look forward to hearing about you draining everything.

TapAhoy!

I'm so pumped to get mine. I often have rounds where I don't make anything that's not a tap-in. My current putter is a low-level $50 putter with no insert. No feel, and the alignment system is turrible. I feel like after everything you guys have said, I will be disappointed if I miss anything inside 15 feet lol.

Maybe not 15 feet, but I am not pleased at all if I miss within 10 feet. Inside 6 feet is almost automatic and I make many more than I miss from 6-10 feet.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Lol thanks SMG. I look forward to reporting my successes. I hope I have many.

I'll just say that don't think it's a super-quick transformation. I actually owned one before, but didn't take the time to really work on the method and it didn't work for me. I didn't get worse at first this time, but it took some work to start getting better.

I think once I worked out the new grip as Pat O described - everything changed for the better - my FGP already was better than my old putter, but the grip change (which of course felt weird) really made a difference!

I think once I worked out the new grip as Pat O described - everything changed for the better - my FGP already was better than my old putter, but the grip change (which of course felt weird) really made a difference!
Is this grip on the DVD that comes with the SeeMore?

No- I did not get a DVD with mine. Bummer - I got it from looking at the Pat O'Brian tips - if you look earlier in this thread I posted pix and an explanation of my new grip ala Pat O.
Who does the DVD?

No- I did not get a DVD with mine. Bummer - I got it from looking at the Pat O'Brian tips - if you look earlier in this thread I posted pix and an explanation of my new grip ala Pat O.
Who does the DVD?

I think SeeMore does? I saw those pictures, but couldn't figure out if fingers are interlocked or not. Guess I will be doing some searching.

Back