The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that not a single team showed up for T.O.'s workout. Wake up call? Or is that like inviting the "cancer" into your locker room and teams arent willing to do that. I think there are a few weapon-less teams that he could actually help. Browns for one. Maybe Seattle?

Maybe TO should have just video taped himself Uncle Rico style and put it up on Youtube.

I think any team now has to weight an aging, slower, damaged and perhaps not fully recovered or in game shape TO who might still have a little left in the tank vs. bringing in his cancerous attitude and possibly ruining/damaging team chemistry. If I had a team with a young QB I would not want him just because of his penchant for getting into the face of his QBs and yelling and complaining and demanding, etc. Would want to risk an old player who is likely only around on a one year contract damaging the psyche of a young QB you hope to be around for many years to come.

So on Inside the NFL Phil Simms stated that if healthy Peyton Manning would not allow the Colts to draft Andrew Luck if they were in the position to do so. That's stirred up a lot of talk on sports radio stations.

I remember when the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers their relationship with Favre obviously started to fester, and everyone knows how that parting went. Interesting to speculate about what might be going through Manning's mind, and how he might handle such a situation.

Would the Colts trade Manning? Would he like having Luck as a backup and would he mentor him? Favre supposedly barely gave Rodgers the time of day.

Kevin

I didn't know Peyton was the GM at Indy....weak sauce by PM

So on Inside the NFL Phil Simms stated that if healthy Peyton Manning would not allow the Colts to draft Andrew Luck if they were in the position to do so. That's stirred up a lot of talk on sports radio stations.

I remember when the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers their relationship with Favre obviously started to fester, and everyone knows how that parting went. Interesting to speculate about what might be going through Manning's mind, and how he might handle such a situation.

Would the Colts trade Manning? Would he like having Luck as a backup and would he mentor him? Favre supposedly barely gave Rodgers the time of day.

Kevin

Oh my god! Heard the audio version earlier today but the video has me in stitches.

--
tapatalk

Funny that not a single team showed up for T.O.'s workout. Wake up call? Or is that like inviting the "cancer" into your locker room and teams arent willing to do that. I think there are a few weapon-less teams that he could actually help. Browns for one. Maybe Seattle?

What? The Browns dont need a good WR, so what that they dont have a true #1....#2 or a #3 receiver, but they sure do have a ton of #4's

What? The Browns dont need a good WR, so what that they dont have a true #1....#2 or a #3 receiver, but they sure do have a ton of #4's

Masoquia or whatever it is needs to pick it up.

--
tapatalk

I think Greg Little's going to be great. It's not like Colt McCoy is a bomber QB either.

I think Greg Little's going to be great. It's not like Colt McCoy is a bomber QB either.

All you need a WR that can run to about 20 yards, McCoy can't throw it much farther than that anyway. :)

I hate the bye week.

Kevin

I hate the bye week.

Kevin

Agreed. Bye weeks blow.

What are we going to do? We will not be able to see Aaron Rodgers play the quarterback position better than anybody has ever played it (Trent Dilfer's words, not mine). I'm going to watch substandard football. It will be a sad day. I might as well find a MAC game to watch on Sunday. It is going to be the same quality of every NFL team, excluding the Packers.

New contract for Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills: 6 years, $60 million with $24 million guaranteed. Seems like a lot of money for a guy that is a borderline top-10 QB in the league at best. Then again, Buffalo has been looking for a QB for years, so I can understand their desire to lock him up long-term.

New contract for Ryan Fitzpatrick of the Bills: 6 years, $60 million with $24 million guaranteed. Seems like a lot of money for a guy that is a borderline top-10 QB in the league at best. Then again, Buffalo has been looking for a QB for years, so I can understand their desire to lock him up long-term.

I would barely call him borderline top 10. I can't believe they gave him that much money.

Just saw this. Not sure if he cracks the top 10 , either.
I would like to see the breakdown of these contracts and see what it takes to max them out.

Just heard the Cowboys have cut Tashard Choice? Didnt see that coming at all.

Just heard the Cowboys have cut Tashard Choice? Didnt see that coming at all.

But he's been so good. I tell ya who could use him: Tampa.

But he's been so good. I tell ya who could use him: Tampa.

And you know what else doesn't make sense, apparently some teams tried to trade for him. Or JJ is a liar. Seems like an odd move with Felix Jones Jerry Fragile hurt yet again. He gets picked up rather quickly by someone and I agree Tampa could use him.

I would barely call him borderline top 10. I can't believe they gave him that much money.

Just saw this. Not sure if he cracks the top 10 , either.
I would like to see the breakdown of these contracts and see what it takes to max them out.

I'm not sure he isn't (or could be) a Top 10 guy. He's put up very big numbers for them without much around him most of the time.

Obviously Brady, Manning (if healthy), Brees, Rodgers, Rotheisberger, Schaub, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford and Cutler are all (probably) better - who else? That's only 10 - 9 without Manning this season. The next tier of guys, in which I would lump Fitzpatrick, are all either unproven or possibly over-rated/too inconsistent (Romo, Vick, etc.) Maybe Fitzpatrick is closer to top 10 than may first appear. There's not a lot of "elite" quarterbacking going on in the NFL these days. Even guys we thought were at or almost at that level are having less than elite years (like Ryan). Bills have to eat up their cap space by next season somehow.

Good list. I'd also add Flacco. And Hasselbeck this year. Even Eli Manning has been very good this year. Cam Newton?

I think you have to put Cam Newton in there. If he was on a half decent team, people would be calling him elite already. I'm a huge Ravens fan, but I honestly don't think Flacco is elite yet. He is WAY too inconsistent.

Flacco is definately not elite, but IMO he is better than Fitzpatrick.

Flacco is definately not elite, but IMO he is better than Fitzpatrick.

Agree and disagree. I think theyre both about the same at this point till one or the other end up with a better career.

Flacco isn't top ten. Top 15, but not top 10. Cam Newton has had a top 10 type year to this point. It is amazing to me that the Panthers haven't won more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back