Golf's Guilty Pleasures?

Nice courses are my guilty pleasure. I love playing pro courses, I should probably do a little less of this because then I could save and go to a THP demo day! Gotta get my priorities straight...

Traveling for me lately. I love it. Not a lot of golf action inAZ which is always odd to me. Im kinda one who likes quiet days on the course after work so I usually golf alone. Which is where traveling comes into play. Get to see my good friends.

Also being so good it hurts..

My chief "guilty pleasure" is my obsession to play golf in all fifty states. It has taken several years, at least 12,000 miles driving, countless motel rooms and all the requisite green fees to get 49 states done. Alaska is the last state that I haven't played and we have reservations for June 2012 to spend some time there. It has been a great journey, I've seen lots of beautiful country, played golf with lots of nice folks, and experienced many, many golf courses of every imaginable type and condition. There are a few states where only one course was played so I would like to go back to several states and play more courses.

Another guilty pleasure is to take a caddie when a caddie is available--pretty rare but a good caddie increases the enjoyment of the round tremendously for me. I like to walk the course but do not like to carry clubs and do like having that course knowledge available.

This is one of my goals! So far I have about 5 states covered.

I like playing courses the pros play. There is something about playing those courses that makes watching the tournaments on t.v. a little better.

This is one of my goals! So far I have about 5 states covered.

Enjoy, it has been a blast! And you meet so many good people.

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Oregon and hope to tee it up with you (plus anyone else we can round up.)

Equipment for me. I love getting new clubs.

Equipment.

I grew up having the living room serve as my bedroom and nearly all of my clothes and sneakers, hand-me-downs. Maybe that's why I like to spoil myself with toys now. :smile:

I am always looking for a "deal". If I can find something I want, at far less then retail, I will probably buy it. Right now I',m 'this close' to pulling the trigger on a laser rangefinder.

You could probably check none of the above for me because I lack the money necessary for a lot of those things. If anything, it is clubs though. I've bought a 4 wood, a hybrid, and a driver since I joined THP, and I will likely be getting a putter and wedges before year's end. Since joining THP, golf clubs are my first and only request in terms of gifts for birthday, christmas, etc.
This is exactly how I feel... no money to truly indulge. Clubs are my weakness though. I hadn't bought any golf clubs since 1998 until this year and I replaced everything. Every club in my signature below is new in the last 3 or 4 months. Now I want another putter. lol But I never pay retail for anything, I am a sale junky.

Equipment and playing nice courses. I am an iron buying nut. I don't really change drivers. Been playing the same one for about three years. Of course I love my seemore putters.

TapAhoy!

Enjoy, it has been a blast! And you meet so many good people.

I'm looking forward to my next trip to Oregon and hope to tee it up with you (plus anyone else we can round up.)

I would love this! Just let me know if you are ever in the area.

Instead of buying the iPhone 4s I got the vr Pro Driver and hybrid two weeks ago. And I am glad that I forgoed the iphone for it, even though the season is pretty much over and it costed 230.

Back