What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! The girl is 13 and seems to enjoy the game. She told me "I thought golf was gonna be lame, but once you're out here it's fun to hit the balls and all the grass and trees are really nice!" I laughed because I told my wife hitting golf balls and walking on pretty golf courses are the whole point of it for me.

First round of my club championship was today. I have not played competitive golf in 16 years.

Nerves on the first tee were VERY much there. Got off the tee alright but ended up taking a triple on the first hole (1 fat shot, 1 thin shot, and 1 bladed wedge over the green).

Settled down and ended up having a round of 85 (par 71) with 1 triple, 3 doubles, and the remainder were a mix of bogeys and pars. Birdie putt on 7 from 15 feet hit the back of the cup and settled 6 inches away (everyone was amazed it did not stay down) and missed a 7 foot birdie putt on 18 after a stellar 9 iron from 132.

Tee shots into the water on 10, 11, and 13. All things considered, I did good to escape with 85.

Excited for tomorrow as nerves are gone. I had a net 73 and am 5 strokes back in 5th place. No doubt that I can make a solid move tomorrow; looking forward to it!!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Very nice, cookie. Get 'em tomorrow!

Keep it going cookie!

I shot a bad 85 today. The course was in great shape but the wind and cold just didn't go well. I didn't really let either get to me(it did get warmer towards the end) but going +5 in two holes doesn't help on 15 and 16 but on 17 and 18 I finished with pars so I'm looking forward to tomorrow with Matt and his two friends going to be a much better day weather wise.

Good round Cookie, I bet the nerves were going crazy on the first tee. Heck of a score, especially considering the hazards. Get 'em tomorrow!

Thanks guys; I really appreciate it!! South winds started at 10-15 but finished at 20-25. Ball striking is improving rapidly - can't even explain how excited I am for tomorrow. My goal is to break 80 tomorrow...just gotta put it all together.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks guys; I really appreciate it!! South winds started at 10-15 but finished at 20-25. Ball striking is improving rapidly - can't even explain how excited I am for tomorrow. My goal is to break 80 tomorrow...just gotta put it all together.

Tappin' from my iPad!

You can do it, Cookie. Sounds like your nerves got the best of you to start today. Maybe one of your drinks pre-round will settle those nerves, hehe.

Well, I will have a little "somethin somethin" in the bag if you know what I mean which may come out after hole 2 if necessary! :D

First round of my club championship was today. I have not played competitive golf in 16 years.

Nerves on the first tee were VERY much there. Got off the tee alright but ended up taking a triple on the first hole (1 fat shot, 1 thin shot, and 1 bladed wedge over the green).

Settled down and ended up having a round of 85 (par 71) with 1 triple, 3 doubles, and the remainder were a mix of bogeys and pars. Birdie putt on 7 from 15 feet hit the back of the cup and settled 6 inches away (everyone was amazed it did not stay down) and missed a 7 foot birdie putt on 18 after a stellar 9 iron from 132.

Tee shots into the water on 10, 11, and 13. All things considered, I did good to escape with 85.

Excited for tomorrow as nerves are gone. I had a net 73 and am 5 strokes back in 5th place. No doubt that I can make a solid move tomorrow; looking forward to it!!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie:

Way to settle down and play well. Go get`em the leader is definitely not out of reach. I know all about the nerves you had. First tee... first professional tourney... I got quick and cold-topped a 7 wood...the stinker barely got past the forward tees. Man, I was way too amped up.

Alex

Shot an 85 with a triple on the first and triple on the ninth. ESC score of 83, which would be my low round of the year. 85 ties my two low rounds of the year. And all this in a 30 mph wind on a damp course. I normally get 235-245 off the tee but today into the wind would get 190 yds and even down wind only around 220 because of the damp fairways. 44 with two triples on the front, 41 on the back. Great day scrambling. Was shocked as heck since I haven't swung a club in 20 days and the conditions were so poor. Hopefully I can work the same magic on Monday in a tournament.

Cookie:

Way to settle down and play well. Go get`em the leader is definitely not out of reach. I know all about the nerves you had. First tee... first professional tourney... I got quick and cold-topped a 7 wood...the stinker barely got past the forward tees. Man, I was way too amped up.

Alex

LOL @ the 7 wood. Thanks man!! Never account for nerves until you are actually in that situation. They did not hit me until I addressed the ball on number 1.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Shot a 38 and a 39 for a 77 on a par 71 course. Had some good putts and 3 birdies with 1 double. Extremely happy!

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Shot an.88 with new sticks. First time.playing them so i felt pretty good about it. Hope to.get another round tomorrow.

TapAhoy!

Sweet round BF, very nice with the 3 birds
Shot a 38 and a 39 for a 77 on a par 71 course. Had some good putts and 3 birdies with 1 double. Extremely happy!

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Nice round bullfrog!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

LOL @ the 7 wood. Thanks man!! Never account for nerves until you are actually in that situation. They did not hit me until I addressed the ball on number 1.

Tappin' from my iPad!

LOL...dead serious about the 7 wood. I wasn't quite ready to put a new 21* Nicklaus Polarity into play so I thought... 7 wood is safe.. it'll get me off of the tee and in the fairway. Yeah good call Capatain Canada. I was wrong. It's funny what can happen when "the lights go on". You'll do great and as I recall I saw something about havin' a lil somethin' somethin'.

Hit'em pure...and knock 'em stiff.

Alex

Nice score, Bullfrog!

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Nice round team mate

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

played 12 holes today and was level par.didn't hit the ball very well though and the driver was nothing short of horrific.made a poor bogey at 6 but chipped in for birdie at the 8th so overall very happy.

round1.jpg

Shot a 40/39; 79. First time I have broken 80 in months, and my personal best at this course by 7 strokes. Chipped in on #18 to break 80!

Short game was working well today, first round with my new SeeMore and I finished 25 putts, with only one 3 putt for the day.

Left a 60 ft birdie putt an inch short on #12, and had a 10ft birdie putt lip out on #13. Had a good round, but kicking myself over the two doubles I had on the back.

That's an awesome round WE! Congrats!

Nice round w.e, we always see when we could have done better, that is why we go back so often. I counted 25 putts, that is fantastic putting, WTG.

Awesome round, WE!

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I wasnt hitting greens to often, but was getting up and down quite a bit. Always easier to drop putts when you are inside 10ft rather than being 20ft away.

I shot 43 + 37 today for an 80. If this my poor round then I pity my step chillun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back