The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I've been to Texas. I enjoyed myself and I SO want to live there. Too many crazies here in North Carolina for my liking :alien:

Ive heard that before dude. Its called true southern hospitality.

So I got a really sweet job offer over the weekend after I finish my residency. Basically fast forward my career at least 5 years. But their is a commute. Little less than an hour. Would only have to drive it 3 days a week, spend 1 night in the hospital. Does anyone around here have a long commute? What do you all think.

Frank - TX is BBQ's home.

TC - not a flipping clue, knew you would jump all over it though. I have received negative rep for less...LOL.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Not exactly true. It is not known who came up with it first, but many experts feel as though BBQ was invented in South Carolina. Grilling was done on cattle drives in the west, but true BBQ as we know it today was done originally by the slaves in South Carolina where it caught on and spread west and south rather quickly.

I wish Texas wasn't so selfish.

Not exactly true. It is not known who came up with it first, but many experts feel as though BBQ was invented in South Carolina. Grilling was done on cattle drives in the west, but true BBQ as we know it today was done originally by the slaves in South Carolina where it caught on and spread west and south rather quickly.

So I got a really sweet job offer over the weekend after I finish my residency. Basically fast forward my career at least 5 years. But their is a commute. Little less than an hour. Would only have to drive it 3 days a week, spend 1 night in the hospital. Does anyone around here have a long commute? What do you all think.

I drive 45 minutes to and from school every day. It isn't that bad except that the drive is surprisingly tiring. It just takes a lot out of you.

JB, love your fountain of knowledge.

BBQ is just like football and most other things, invented somewhere else, Texas just perfected it.

BBQ is just like football and most other things, invented somewhere else, Texas just perfected it.

Bwuahahahahaha, funniest post I've read in months.

I've heard Mexas does make some good BBQ

hahaha thats awesome.

I'll give ya ONE thing. The Cowboys stadium is amazing. I was there at the Cotton Bowl last year.

Yeah, I've heard they stole what they know from South Carolinians. That's sad.:alien:

You forgot the alien face so we know that you dont want to fight the whole state of Texas.

Yeah, I've heard they stole what they know from South Carolinians. That's sad.
Don't be a hater, I'll offer ya a place to stay if you want to see what you're missing!

Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: The world’s largest livestock show has to be able to feed huge crowds! The Lone Star State hosts a colossal, Texas-sized picnic to launch the annual event. Just as the rodeo competitors hone their riding skills and shine their buckles, several hundred others are polishing their culinary tools and preparing to heat up their own winning run at glory. The World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest is three days of cooking, competition, eating and dancing. The sweet aroma drifts over the Houston metropolis, drawing crowds like bees to honey.

GG is using the new Vitamix this morning and making some hummus for football today. This blender is an absolute beast. No wonder people have been raving about them for years.

Don't be a hater, I'll offer ya a place to stay if you want to see what you're missing!

Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo: The world’s largest livestock show has to be able to feed huge crowds! The Lone Star State hosts a colossal, Texas-sized picnic to launch the annual event. Just as the rodeo competitors hone their riding skills and shine their buckles, several hundred others are polishing their culinary tools and preparing to heat up their own winning run at glory. The World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest is three days of cooking, competition, eating and dancing. The sweet aroma drifts over the Houston metropolis, drawing crowds like bees to honey.

They have a Worlds Championship BBQ cookoff in about every state. I know the huge one on TV each year is in Memphis.

GG is using the new Vitamix this morning and making some hummus for football today. This blender is an absolute beast. No wonder people have been raving about them for years.
I love that stuff!

Sounds delicious 2shoes.

I wish I could experience bbq on a more consistent basis. Its so delicious.

Was the Livestock Show and Rodeo not enough of an attraction on it's own?

I heard they stole that from Texas.

Of course. Everything is stolen from TX. I see things getting stolen from Texas every Sunday when Romeo throws a pass...hehe

It's almost breakfast time. Very small for me today; I have a massive amount of snacks for football today.

If it's held at the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo then it must have the WORLD'S attention! :alien: (sarcastic alien face)

Of course. Everything is stolen from TX. I see things getting stolen from Texas every Sunday when Romeo throws a pass...hehe

Now you've gone too far

I'm sure all you folks over in the sunshine state are watching football elsewhere these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back