Miyazaki Kusala Indigo Shafts - Preview

Might be a dumb question, but does it this shaft feel any different to you when you swing it?

No such thing as a dumb question buddy.

I will say this, knowing that they are a constant flex, 5555 or 7777, does kind of lurkin the back of my mind. I typically favor something with a bit more tip stiffness than butt stiffness. Results have been promising though.

I'm the opposite in terms of preference, but I see exactly what you're saying. If the results are there, it always is easy to adjust.

Without a doubt, one of the worst range sessions I can remember today. I don't know why either. They were punching and sanding the range today so they had us up the front and they were working so perhaps the noise was a bit of a distraction but I couldn't have hit my way out of a wet paper sack today. It's very tough for me to say a whole lot that is good about today but I did get quite a few swings in with the driver and these shafts today. I really, really struggled with the 56X moreso than the 61S though. I was either missing with a low screaming pull or a high leaking fade. Very frustrating. I did hit some decent shots and when I did, one thing I noticed was that I was a bit more consistent with the 61S. I don't know what that means from today's session. I've been really trying to discern the differences between the ball flight and I can't honestly tell which one is flighting higher than the other. That's kind of cool to me.

Sorry to hear about the tough day TC, but I love hearing about these shafts. Keep the good thoughts coming!

Always tough to write something from a bad range session, but thanks TC. Sounds like the S really has your attention. Maybe the slightly softer flex is offering you some forgiveness when you're not quite on top of your swing? If it's flighting around the same level as the X, that could be interesting in terms of distance...

Shake off the tough day yesterday buddy, just be glad it was on the range at home and not in a tournament or something. You'll bounce back next time. Keep the updates coming, I'm more than a little intrigued by these shafts.

Bad range sessions are a bummer. But all I've heard from you I know you'll bounce back. Really looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say on these shafts. I'm really intrigued by the Miyazaki's and considering getting one to upgrade from the stock fuji I have in my R11.

Hang in there brother I know you get back to bombing them again.

I believe that the 61S (with the 5555 flex code) is just about perfect for me. I used it exclusively yesterday and was loving the consistency. I'm also surprised by this. I figured I'd be all about the 56X but it just hasn't been as dependable for me. We'll keep plugging away at it though.

Interesting stuff TC. Do you notice any distance gains with the S?
I believe that the 61S (with the 5555 flex code) is just about perfect for me. I used it exclusively yesterday and was loving the consistency. I'm also surprised by this. I figured I'd be all about the 56X but it just hasn't been as dependable for me. We'll keep plugging away at it though.

Consistancy in what? Better on mishits? Hitting it straighter? No matter what, it sounds like you're loving that shaft! I hope the XS starts to work for you soon.

Interesting stuff TC. Do you notice any distance gains with the S?

I don't have data to prove it but I believe so. I'm having a tough time feeling that 7777 profile load and unload.

Makes sense man. Will the Indigo 61S be a full time gamer now? After testing? You say its just about perfect, and Im intrigued.

I don't have data to prove it but I believe so. I'm having a tough time feeling that 7777 profile load and unload.

Makes sense man. Will the Indigo 61S be a full time gamer now? After testing? You say its just about perfect, and Im intrigued.

You know, it's so similar to the Black 72S that I have as far as feel and flight, yet not as heavy, which I like. So yeah, it might stay in the R9 for quite some time.

Just out of curiosity is the 61s actually 61 grams or what is the actual weight? I ask this because I found that the shaft in my driver is actually heavier that what is marked on the shaft itself.

It's 62 grams I believe RW.

It's 62 grams I believe RW.

Great thanks for the help. I am dying to give this shaft a try along with the rest of the Miyazaki line.

I was able to get a little more info on these from the Miyazaki site today and I liked to see that they offer a 3333 offering. I don't know why, but I just didn't see that one coming. The one thing I'm interested in is who this type of shaft is for and why it will help them. I know you can't give out too much right now, but it's a very interesting concept to me since I'm trying to find a way to get my spin down.

I was able to get a little more info on these from the Miyazaki site today and I liked to see that they offer a 3333 offering. I don't know why, but I just didn't see that one coming. The one thing I'm interested in is who this type of shaft is for and why it will help them. I know you can't give out too much right now, but it's a very interesting concept to me since I'm trying to find a way to get my spin down.

I reckon you should start your Hawkpondering then bro. I was aware of the 3333 flex but wasn't sure if I was allowed to say anything quite yet, lol

The Indigo is so similar to the Black that I truly loved, but it's not as fatiguing for me, which is really nice.

Is that due to a difference in weight?

I need to really look hard at what I think is right for my driver swing right now. I think I have some work to do as well, but I can't help but wonder if I'm playing the opposite of what I should be.

Is that due to a difference in weight?

I need to really look hard at what I think is right for my driver swing right now. I think I have some work to do as well, but I can't help but wonder if I'm playing the opposite of what I should be.

Ok not to thread jack but which of the kasula line would be opposite of the dromo?

The black would be almost an opposite.

OK that makes sense thanks

Got this one wrapped up and off to the press! I thoroughly enjoyed testing these shafts and I hope everyone enjoys the review when it comes out.

Good deal. This one is still a mystery to me, so I'm looking forward to learning more from your review.

Back