The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned out to be a great game thankfully. Love Joe, from Delaware, and representing it very well.

8-0

Kevin

I just don't like Pittsburgh. I think this rivalry is a little overhyped personally. I mean, the Ravens aren't exactly an old franchise in the NFL. I'll take the Cowboys/Eagles rivalry any day. I only really have one question after watching last nights game: is Heath Miller the slowest man in the NFL?

So far at the half way point, amazed at how well Andy Dalton is playing, not surprised at how well Cam Newton is playing, and it looks as though the Cowboys have their next great running back in Murray. Not at all surprised that Green Bay is 8-0, somewhat baffled by the Eagles so far, as in how can they look so bad one week and so good the next. Bills are falling back as expected after a hot start and Detroit is better than I thought they were but not a lot better. Indianapolis has been a complete sham, I understand who PM is but seriously - no wins without him? That makes them worse than the Dolphins right now. And what the heck is going on with Phillip Rivers does he have an arm problem that he is keeping to himself? Some of his throws lately look half finished.

I think Id rather watch the Eagles blow the doors off the Cowboys then that boring snooze fest last night. At least there was some exciting plays from one of the teams last week

I think Id rather watch the Eagles blow the doors off the Cowboys then that boring snooze fest last night. At least there was some exciting plays from one of the teams last week

I took some time away from the game to do nothing because it was a little more exciting than that game. I mean two good defenses but I just can't get into a Steelers or Ravens game anymore. Even if those two team put up 80 points each it would still be boring to me. Watching Phillip Rivers throw 5 picks a game is more exciting.

Just had a guy at work make the statement, "If Rivers doesnt throw three interceptions, the Chargers win easily." So I made the comment back to him, "If Rivers doesnt throw three touchdowns, the Chargers get beaten even worse." He told me that what I said doesnt make any sense.

Just had a guy at work make the statement, "If Rivers doesnt throw three interceptions, the Chargers win easily." So I made the comment back to him, "If Rivers doesnt throw three touchdowns, the Chargers get beaten even worse." He told me that what I said doesnt make any sense.

I get what you're saying. But if Rivers plays like Rivers and not 2011 Rivers, they win the game most likely. Fans of Rivers arent used to him laying turds week after week.

I get what you're saying. But if Rivers plays like Rivers and not 2011 Rivers, they win the game most likely. Fans of Rivers arent used to him laying turds week after week.

He went to NC State. It was a matter of time until the turd flinging started.

He went to NC State. It was a matter of time until the turd flinging started.

Yeah and all that trash he talked to my man Jay Cutler. He gets what he gets@!

Rivers has always had an awkward motion to me. Just looks odd when he throws but he's always made it work somehow

Rivers has always had an awkward motion to me. Just looks odd when he throws but he's always made it work somehow

Yeah, its like he just lofts it up there. I started to like him and I kinda feel bad for him. But I don't. Hard to explain. Either way, what a turd for throwing that game away. But the longer Green Bay goes undefeated the better chance they lose in the playoffs. IMO lol.

If Rivers doesn't throw those pick sixers Rodgers gets the ball in his hands and scores anyway. He's good.

Tonight I'm pulling for Jay and his Bears. Go Jay! Go Bears!

Kevin

So glad to see the Giants take out the Pats and the Ravens take out the Steelers yesterday. The Steelers and Pats are just two teams I can't stand. Those were two great finishes to game yesterday! I just now saw the video on the Mark Sanchez play and I must agree with everyone that is some funny stuff!

If Rivers doesn't throw those pick sixers Rodgers gets the ball in his hands and scores anyway. He's good.

Tonight I'm pulling for Jay and his Bears. Go Jay! Go Bears!

Kevin

Fact... you are right lol. But you have to wonder, does Philly take em down to score and make it so Green Bay is playing catch up?

Fact... you are right lol. But you have to wonder, does Philly take em down to score and make it so Green Bay is playing catch up?

We need a glimpse into an alternative universe. Or at least MST.

Kevin

We need a glimpse into an alternative universe. Or at least MST.

Kevin

I cannot comment on MST but it's full effect with the time zone changes. lol.

Have I mentioned I think Suzy Kolber is a cutie?

There's a new thread on a Packers Forum I visit asking who is pulling for the Bears tonight? 12 responses, all saying yes. Well some guys qualified by saying they're pulling against the Eagles. lol.

That should speak to the popularity of Ron Mexico. If he can move Packers fans into the Bears camp, he's not well liked.

Kevin

I took some time away from the game to do nothing because it was a little more exciting than that game. I mean two good defenses but I just can't get into a Steelers or Ravens game anymore. Even if those two team put up 80 points each it would still be boring to me. Watching Phillip Rivers throw 5 picks a game is more exciting.
How could a Ravens Steelers game be boring? It is easily the best rivalry in football. Hard hitting and exciting football. I don't understand why people down play the rivalry. Who cares if the Ravens aren't an "old" franchise.

Mike Vick is so much fun to watch. Such a versitile and explosive player. Looking forward to how he handles the Bears D.

Mike Vick is so much fun to watch. Such a versitile and explosive player. Looking forward to how he handles the Bears D.

My favorite is watching him get creamed by LBs and DEs. I agree, that is super fun.

My favorite is watching him get creamed by LBs and DEs. I agree, that is super fun.

I get that you hate him and all, and I don't care and respect your opinion, etc, but do you homestly not like watching him work his magic on offense. There's plenty of guys I don't like that I still like watching play. Matt Forte for one. So much vision.

I get that you hate him and all, and I don't care and respect your opinion, etc, but do you homestly not like watching him work his magic on offense. There's plenty of guys I don't like that I still like watching play. Matt Forte for one. So much vision.

I like when he uses his vision to throw INTs.

I give him two rushes tonight before he's whining and complaining. I hope Briggs and Urlacher brought their big sticks.

Kevin

You see magic, and I see a guy that holds the ball too long, makes bad decisions too many times a game, puts his head down, blames others and has never lived up to the hype other than a short game stretch for one season. I like watching a QB stand in the pocket and deliver throw after throw and hit WRs in stride like Brady, Manning and Rodgers. Not a guy that can barely hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back