Your "Shot Of The Year"

I've had a couple:

-the hybrid shot from under the trees, out of the junk, at the Morgan Cup w/ belbs, ary, and Staples.
-the putt on the 18th at the Outing
-tee shot on the par 3 13th a couple of weeks ago w/ my dad and my brother, where I rattled the flag stick, thought for a minute it was in.

I'm jealous of everyone who has holed out on their approach shot. I've yet to have that happen. I've come close, but never in.

I'm going to do an epic namedrop right now in your honor:

I holed out when I was playing a round with JB. He called it before it even hit the green and I didn't believe him for a second. Next thing you know the ball just disappeared. I was fist pumping like a madman haha.

The putt on 18 at the outing is legendary. Even better, it was captured on video.

I've had a couple:

-the hybrid shot from under the trees, out of the junk, at the Morgan Cup w/ belbs, ary, and Staples.
-tee shot on the par 3 13th a couple of weeks ago w/ my dad and my brother, where I rattled the flag stick, thought for a minute it was in.

That hybo shot from under the tree on hard pan was freaking epic.

I think my shot of the year was when I shanked my R11 8 iron on the range at Reunion when Tadashi came up behind me and started filming.

John Deere Tap'n...

When ddec deck'ed himself at the outing. I watched it from another fairway. Once he was found to be perfectly okay, it was hilarious.

I've had a couple:

So close man! So very close.

I guess I have a second one. I had 2 eagles this year which were the first 2 of my life. My second one I described above. The first one came while I was still living in Ga. I hit Driver to the right rough and then I hit a 3h Mashie to the green and sunk about a 30 footer. Nobody saw it, but that didn't matter to me. It was my very first eagle. I was fist pumping like Jersey Shore all by myself.

I hit a zaxby's resteraunt. It was awesome.

Seriously though, 157 yd par 4 approach at Dunes West Golf Club in Charleston, SC.

aefc8278-c93f-c75f.jpg

--
tapatalk

We should have a worst shot of the year thread too. I have two candidates. Both at outings, both off the tee, and both witnessed by far too many people.

We should have a worst shot of the year thread too. I have two candidates. Both at outings, both off the tee, and both witnessed by far too many people.
I'll never forget that one as long as I live. That was awesome!

Lol Hawk! That was funny. My worst shot was at the municipal course here. #6, a 170 yard par 3, right next to River Ridge Rd (near the mall), so it's busy. I shanked a 7 iron so bad, that it cleared the boundary fence and busted the windshield of a UPS truck. Ooops!

Lol Hawk! That was funny. My worst shot was at the municipal course here. #6, a 170 yard par 3, right next to River Ridge Rd (near the mall), so it's busy. I shanked a 7 iron so bad, that it cleared the boundary fence and busted the windshield of a UPS truck. Ooops!

hahaha. I'm sure UPS deserved it somehow.

You and JB were unfortunate enough to witness both of mine. One was on 18 on the Palmer course directcly in a bush 4 yards from the tee. The other on 1 at the Squire into the lanai of a condo that had probably never been hit before. I loved how the starter basically told me I sucked right afterwards lol.

I've been thinking of what my shot of the year was and can't really come up with any that pop out at me. The putt to clinch the match against Jrod and Coolbreeze in the 4 ball matches at the Morgan Cup was nice, but it wasn't really that hard of a putt but the pressure of the situation made it a pretty cool shot. I had a lot of decent shots, but not that many spectacular ones I guess.

hahaha. I'm sure UPS deserved it somehow.

You and JB were unfortunate enough to witness both of mine. One was on 18 on the Palmer course directcly in a bush 4 yards from the tee. The other on 1 at the Squire into the lanai of a condo that had probably never been hit before. I loved how the starter basically told me I sucked right afterwards lol.

Well, you witnessed the worst one hole meltdown in the history of THP. I blame it on that tee shot of yours. I had JB dead to rights, then threw a 12 up. Nice!

That putt was the one of the coolest things I've ever seen on THP. I was pumped just watching.

Well, you witnessed the worst one hole meltdown in the history of THP. I blame it on that tee shot of yours. I had JB dead to rights, then threw a 12 up. Nice!

That was a hilarious 20 minutes right there.

I've been thinking of what my shot of the year was and can't really come up with any that pop out at me. The putt to clinch the match against Jrod and Coolbreeze in the 4 ball matches at the Morgan Cup was nice, but it wasn't really that hard of a putt but the pressure of the situation made it a pretty cool shot. I had a lot of decent shots, but not that many spectacular ones I guess.

Don't sell yourself short bro. That 7 footer was probably like a 15 footer with the pressure for the win.

That putt was the one of the coolest things I've ever seen on THP. I was pumped just watching.

I know man! What an amazing match and an even more amazing ending.

That put was the one of the coolest things I've ever seen on THP. I was pumped just watching.
Haha, thanks man. That entire hole was really cool for me, longer hole, up hill par 4 into the breeze. Biggsy hit his only bad drive of the day so he was basically in his pocket so it was me against Coolbreeze and freakin' Jrod who was pissed and just went like -3 over the last 4 holes to get back to 1 down with 1 to play. I hit a weak Jake Straight drive but was in the fairway but still had 200 yards up hill into the wind. Jrod piped one about 310 and was within 100 yards. To step up and make a par to secure the win was definitely my Morgan Cup highlight. (Playing highlight anyway)

Last edited:
Scramble for Charity - 17th Hole Par 5

We all hit horrible tee shots and had 240 yards to the green from the left rough to an island green, tree's to the left. Hit a high 3 hybrid with a 10 yard draw (Lefty draw=left to right) over the tree's to 40 ft. One partner sank the eagle putt and we won the tournament...by one stroke...BOO-YEAH!

507 yard par 5. Hit drive from a slightly raised tee box straight down the middle to about 220. Pulled 4 iron and flushed it to 10 feet. Sunk the putt for my first ever eagle....and yes I kept the golf ball.

Probably the "a little taken off" 3-wood from 205 yds I hit into a Par 5 at the King & the Bear at the World Golf Village during a scramble - water all down the right, narrow green neck, cut it right into the opening and rolled it right past the cup, stopped 8 feet past the hole for eagle.

Or I hit a 225 yard 3-wood uphill into the middle of a tough green and sank the 15 footer for would have been eagle if my first 3 wood from there hadn't been blocked into a pond right of the green - still a great up and down for par from 225 yds. :)

My shot of the year was either a downwind, blowing 25, 7 iron from 180 to 3 feet. Or a punch 17* hybrid from 205 up hill, into a slight breeze, to a foot. Those would be mine.

My shot of the year.....hmm. I would have to say that my shot of the year would have been the 3 iron I hit during my golf season in the "Coaches Cup". This is a scramble event with the coach and seniors/top players. We were about 210 out on a slight downslope, and I hammered a 3 iron to 10 feet.

hmmm. It would be tough to pick 1. I have two I'll submit. My buddies and I played in a scramble event that we put together in Maine this summer. Two days combined total score. 18th hole, I was hitting 4th all weekend. My team is 1 stroke back, and we have a 20 foot birdie putt to tie. Of course all three of my teammates miss (two actually lipped out). So standing over the ball, if I make it, we salvage a tie, if not we lose - and we were playing for a ton of money- for us. Well I drained it and both teams went nuts. We lost on the playoff hole but it was still pretty cool. The other one I chipped in for eagle on a par 5 at my home course from about 40 yards out after two poor shots and ended up shooting my season low score after that hole.

I have had some pretty outstanding shots this year but the best if I have to pick one is a hole out for an eagle from the fairway on a par 4.

Back