Official 2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

A couple of things I took from last night's game:

-Carolina can dominate anyone
-They struggle keeping their focus
-They are way to cocky for my liking right now
-Talent is awesome, but you have to show some hustle and "want to"
-Playing outdoors for the guys effects shooting
-Harrison Barnes is a man among boys

All in all, not an impressive showing IMO. Tyler Zeller is a horrible rebounder and he forces his offense way to much (but he always has). John Henson is nasty and changes so many shots. We desperately need someone to establish themselves as a legitimate outside threat.

A couple of things I took from last night's game:

-Carolina can dominate anyone
-They struggle keeping their focus
-They are way to cocky for my liking right now
-Talent is awesome, but you have to show some hustle and "want to"
-Playing outdoors for the guys effects shooting
-Harrison Barnes is a man among boys

All in all, not an impressive showing IMO. Tyler Zeller is a horrible rebounder and he forces his offense way to much (but he always has). John Henson is nasty and changes so many shots. We desperately need someone to establish themselves as a legitimate outside threat.

Wow dude so early for so much breakdown. Did you take notes during the game or did this all come natural? Barnes played ok. I agree playing a game outdoors on an aircraft carrier seemed to affect the shooting.

Wow dude so early for so much breakdown. Did you take notes during the game or did this all come natural? Barnes played ok. I agree playing a game outdoors on an aircraft carrier seemed to affect the shooting.

don't hate.

I agree with kmac. This wasnt your typical game and izzo even said they will improve as the season rolls on. Dont be negatizin

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Here's my 02 on yesterday's festivities.
- Kentucky beat the Marist Red Foxes 108-58 (I think these are the same Red Foxes the Texas Longhorns play the first 3 games in a row of the regular season in football):D
- I'll decide if I'm more concerned about how far UK goes or who all the new players for next year are in a couple weeks.
- I'll know more about the team Tuesday after Kansas @ MSG.
- The basketball team can be found at home at 11PM weekdays and Midnight weekends.

And that was a cool as hell game on the ship!

Oh yeah, and the Michigan St. and UNC uniforms were fantastic!

Oh yeah, and the Michigan St. and UNC uniforms were fantastic!
That WHOLE thing was fantastic. I was impressed with the entire setup of this thing. (less the teams, no offense!) Seriously, the event is awesome and the NCAA and those teams did a great job with the uni and all.

That WHOLE thing was fantastic. I was impressed with the entire setup of this thing. (less the teams, no offense!) Seriously, the event is awesome and the NCAA and those teams did a great job with the uni and all.

Your Wildcats will get a shot at the Heels buddy. We may have to come up with some sort of wager on that one.

Your Wildcats will get a shot at the Heels buddy. We may have to come up with some sort of wager on that one.
Go easy big fella, UK doen't have a great track record with UNC. (Admitted up front). They've split the last 4, but that was after a 5 game losing streak against UNC.

Go easy big fella, UK doen't have a great track record with UNC. (Admitted up front). They've split the last 4, but that was after a 5 game losing streak against UNC.

So, you want the Cats and 7 points?

Ask me again on Dec 2. Let me see where they go. Kinda' tough looking at them with a Red Fox win under the belt. The back court will have to get better...UK guards have a history of bad passing and shot selection early in the season.

Ask me again on Dec 2. Let me see where they go. Kinda' tough looking at them with a Red Fox win under the belt. The back court will have to get better...UK guards have a history of bad passing and shot selection early in the season.

Yeah, John Wall was atrocious :alien:

John Wall was certainly a phenom once he found some patience on the floor. That team won many games on raw playground talent alone which works through the season, but can't win a national title.

John Wall was certainly the most raw talented 18 year old I've seen in years and yes that includes Rose and friends. I wish he could get a supporting cast to showcase it the the big league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to tonight's games, ESPN has a doubleheader from Madison Square Garden. Duke plays Michigan State in the first game, and if Duke wins, Coach K becomes the men's college basketball coach with the most wins in history. The second game is Kentucky vs. Kansas, I'm going to enjoy watching Kentucky's freshmen for the first time this year.

Also tonight on ESPN2 is Florida vs. Ohio State, another matchup of 2 top-10 teams. It should be a really good night of basketball!

9m2kn.jpg

Settle down Ary, I knew this was coming all night from ya. But this is great for Coach K and he has really earned it and is a great coach.

Settle down Ary, I knew this was coming all night from ya. But this is great for Coach K and he has really earned it and is a great coach.

Yeah, I knew it was coming from me as well. :smile: I'll settle it down now. I'm actually more interesting from a competitive standpoint in the game that's about to start, Kentucky vs. Kansas.

Congrats for Coach K (and that's from a Kentucky fan)

After last night's win over Kansas, I'm still a little on the fence about the 7. UK had 12 turnovers in the first half (more TOs than FGs). Not sure they will fair as well against a top 5 powerhouse with those type stats. Even though Kansas moved to a double digit leads in the first, they didn't play that well overall and let UK go on some 8-0 & 10-0 runs at times.

my buckeyes looked good last night.

I feared that outside of sullinger, buford and craft, scoring would be a little scarce, but 15 from thomas was nice.

I dont like the way they let Florida hit some 3's in the last 90 seconds to make it way closer than it should have been

Duke made Michigan look like children despite the score IMO. Just clearly superior. Their (Duke's) only problem I forsee could be Austin Rivers. I think he's a bit too selfish for Duke's team IMO.

In other news, nobody is going to be able to stop UNC. I could even see them going undefeated, which is a pretty big deal with their schedule. Their front line is miles better than any other.

In other news, nobody is going to be able to stop UNC. I could even see them going undefeated, which is a pretty big deal with their schedule. Their front line is miles better than any other.
Let's not get too carried away until December 3rd and they travel to Rupp Arena. :D

Duke made Michigan look like children despite the score IMO. Just clearly superior. Their (Duke's) only problem I forsee could be Austin Rivers. I think he's a bit too selfish for Duke's team IMO.

He has been placed in that role, the building of a star. He will lead them to at least one championship

VS. in the

This should be a good one to watch tonight. It's time to hand Coach K his first loss of the season. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!!!!!!

KU is up 30-29 in the Maui Final. They might not hold on, but they are winning right now!

Back