Probably not especially if it's for a 5 hole carry over ! I choked on a 3 ft. uphiller Saturday for a skin, totally pissed me off I knew I was going to pull it left just by the way it set up, tried everything, hit it firm, tried to stay down played it to the rt. side and STILL choked and pulled it left !!! It happens to EVERYBODY if you rake your puts you will never know for sure. Put 10 bucks on a lot of 3 footers and you would be suprised how many people miss.
A 3 footer? You should have drag putted it, it wouldnt have mattered cause it was good anyway.

Well I know someone who won't be earning the DPA merit badge

I dragged backwards between my legs this weekend.

I think gulfnut may have picked the wrong thread to vent in...

Big break spoiler

Spoiler
If Andy Walker was a decent drag putter he would still be on Big Break !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, good thing I was going to watch that in a little while on DVR. Appreciate the spoiler there.

Wow! Spoiler tags are there for a reason

I will find out tomorrow how drag putting goes with a belly putter. I will be back. :D

with a belly putter you will have access to 4 or 5 footers !

with a belly putter you will have access to 4 or 5 footers !

True, but it is pretty heavy. That could cause some inaccuracies. We shall see.

gulnut, please use spoiler tags in the future. Thanks.

gulnut, please use spoiler tags in the future. Thanks.

+1. that's two weeks in a row that got spoiled for me in an unrelated thread. no big deal. just slightly annoying.

Lesson learned, plenty of other things to talk about.

Lesson learned, plenty of other things to talk about.

You are certainly not the 1st to do that, and with only 14 posts it is understandable, good attitude gn.

When I live in KY, a good friend and I that played together all the time, we NEVER gave one another a putt, EVER.
But we did have a standing understanding between us ..... ANYTIME you think it's good, you can pick it up if you want to.

HA, funny but neither of us would ever pick up a putt.

When I live in KY, a good friend and I that played together all the time, we NEVER gave one another a putt, EVER.
But we did have a standing understanding between us ..... ANYTIME you think it's good, you can pick it up if you want to.

HA, funny but neither of us would ever pick up a putt.
You don't give a putt, you TAKE a putt. That's what drag putting is all about. It's a gimmee anyway so it doesn't matter if you miss.

You don't give a putt, you TAKE a putt. That's what drag putting is all about. It's a gimmee anyway so it doesn't matter if you miss.
It's a gimmee until they choke. NO drag putting allowed on the last hole!! Was out with my two brothers - brotherly golf has to be the most competitive golf there is. We were tied walking up to the last green and it came down to an 18" putt. We got my brother so psyched with doubt he choked and lost!! :banana:

It's a gimmee until they choke. NO drag putting allowed on the last hole!! Was out with my two brothers - brotherly golf has to be the most competitive golf there is. We were tied walking up to the last green and it came down to an 18" putt. We got my brother so psyched with doubt he choked and lost!! :banana:

That's not part of the THP D.P.A. bylaws!

I could definately be your brother in law I had 3 instances this summer in about 80 rounds that I choked on a 'gimmee' when it really meant something. Everytime I think about it I want to go try to make 100 in a row !!!! I don't think I've gotten to 100 in the last few years either come to think of it !

I could definately be your brother in law I had 3 instances this summer in about 80 rounds that I choked on a 'gimmee' when it really meant something. Everytime I think about it I want to go try to make 100 in a row !!!! I don't think I've gotten to 100 in the last few years either come to think of it !

The genius behind drag putting is that choking on gimmee's will be a thing of the past.

Isn't it time for the annual DPA membership drive?

Wow talking about a blast from the past thread!

Wow talking about a blast from the past thread!

Agreed

Dead men walking. . .
Zombie+Stormtrooper.jpg

Back