I guess Im still a club ho

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems that my club hoing ways continue. In the past week I bought 3 clubs on Ebay: a Mizuni MX-560 12* driver, Mizuno F-60 4-wood and today I bought a Mizuno MP-T chrome 47* wedge.
I had a Title 975D 8.5* driver that I dont hit well at all (huge slice) and Ive read that more loft helps to reduce sidespin, so hopefully the 12* will help me there.
The same with the 4-wood. I had a Titleist PT Bore-Thru 3 wood that I sometimes hit well, but also tend to hit a little bit of a slice with and Im hoping the 4-wood will help with that.
In both cases, the Titleist woods had stiff shafts, whereas the Mizzie driver has a light/senior shaft and the 4-wood has a regular. Im thinking that the stiff shaft might have been messing me up.
In the case of the wedge, I was looking for something with a little less loft to use for chipping. I was actually looking at chippers on Ebay and I ended up just looking for Mizuno wedges for the heck of it and this 47* wedge was on there. Im not sure if it will be all that good for chipping, but I only paid $52 for it, so I cant complain.
In the case of the driver and the 4-wood, I paid about $100 for each of those and they are both new (and coming from 3 Balls, so I believe the condition that they claim it is), so I think I did OK.
The only problem now is that if I still suck, I can only blame myself.
Im getting there though. Towards the end of last summer I started hitting my 3-wood better. I tried focusing more on turning my back to the target on my backswing and swinging easy. That seemed to really reduce my slice.
I dunno, we'll see. Im trying to not be too hard on myself. I only just started playing again last July and Ive got my putting, chipping/pitching and short irons pretty well figured out. Not to mention I got my first par and first birdie. It just frustrates me when I cant seem to hit a decent tee shot and it makes it much more difficult for me to play well because Im always relying so much on my short irons and short game just to make par.
I think the driver and woods will come with time. Ive thought about taking lessons, but Im kind of hesitant to because Ive talked to people who took lessons and the instructor totally messed up their golfswing.
I have this fear that the instructor will fill my head full of so many swingthoughts that its going to totally screw my game up.

You are a club ho. I would turn into one if I had the money. But I'd feel guilty just having these clubs sitting around. What do people buy extra clubs for anyways when they already have a good set?

I almost did buy another putter last year so I could use it to trade around on forums for stuff I really need.

You are a club ho. I would turn into one if I had the money. But I'd feel guilty just having these clubs sitting around. What do people buy extra clubs for anyways when they already have a good set?

I almost did buy another putter last year so I could use it to trade around on forums for stuff I really need.

In my case, the ones I bought and didnt like I resold on Ebay. Believe me, if I had a girlfriend/wife or kids or werent working all this overtime; I wouldnt have the money either. You know, I dont drink, dont really go out on the weekends and I dont really have any habits or vices; so golf and snowmobiling is pretty much what I spend my money on. I dont spend much on snowmobiling either becase its only a 3 months out of the year kinda thing.
Im probably done club hoing for now though. Im happy with my putter, wedges, irons and if I can hit these woods, I need to take lessons.
Im happy with my set for the most part. Id like a new Mizuno golf bag, but I just got my Titleist bag last year and I just cant see spending the money for a new bag.

I am as well, golf ho in general... a few feet away from me is my collection

Scotty Cameron TEI3 Newport II
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #5
Yonex Super ADX Forged Putter

MacGregor Pro M Blades
Nickent ARC Blades

Taylormade r7 425 TP
Titleist 905R
MacGregor MT 460

Titleist 904F
MacGregor MT

Adams Pro Idea Hybrid
Nickent 5DX
Sonartec MD

Vokey 52, 56, 60
Adams 56
Callaway 48

Just doesn't stop!

In my case, the ones I bought and didnt like I resold on Ebay. Believe me, if I had a girlfriend/wife or kids or werent working all this overtime; I wouldnt have the money either. You know, I dont drink, dont really go out on the weekends and I dont really have any habits or vices; so golf and snowmobiling is pretty much what I spend my money on. I dont spend much on snowmobiling either becase its only a 3 months out of the year kinda thing.
Im probably done club hoing for now though. Im happy with my putter, wedges, irons and if I can hit these woods, I need to take lessons.
Im happy with my set for the most part. Id like a new Mizuno golf bag, but I just got my Titleist bag last year and I just cant see spending the money for a new bag.

I see where your coming from, I'm basically the same way, but with golf clothes. I plan to have a full collection of golf shoes when I get more money. I guess it's the same but fashion instead of equipment.

Im with Dent on the clothes. I love my clubs but with writing reviews I try my fair share. We do not just stick to one brand here. But I love everything golf.

I see where your coming from, I'm basically the same way, but with golf clothes. I plan to have a full collection of golf shoes when I get more money. I guess it's the same but fashion instead of equipment.
Look at it this way, theres a lot worse things you could be spending money on than golf stuff.

I am as well, golf ho in general... a few feet away from me is my collection

Scotty Cameron TEI3 Newport II
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #5
Yonex Super ADX Forged Putter

MacGregor Pro M Blades
Nickent ARC Blades

Taylormade r7 425 TP
Titleist 905R
MacGregor MT 460

Titleist 904F
MacGregor MT

Adams Pro Idea Hybrid
Nickent 5DX
Sonartec MD

Vokey 52, 56, 60
Adams 56
Callaway 48

Just doesn't stop!

DD, what do you really do with all the spare clubs? Don't you feel since you don't play them constantly it's money being blown away?

I'm not really a club ho.....i buy and then sell to move on.

been through my fair share though. Only club i keep for the sake of it is a callaway ERC fusion. I only bought it cos i like the carbon fibre head!!!! (something from my motorbike says where carbon fibre makes you dribble!)

DD, what do you really do with all the spare clubs? Don't you feel since you don't play them constantly it's money being blown away?

That is just what is there now... I try to turn over as much as possible on ebay.

I know nothing about whimsical purchases.

That F60 4 wood is a very solid and good wood, wish I would have kept mine.
Funny you mention the wanting a Mizuno bag, I have a Mizzy bag, only used it two rounds, and wish I would have opted for the Titleist bag.

Funny you mention the wanting a Mizuno bag, I have a Mizzy bag, only used it two rounds, and wish I would have opted for the Titleist bag.
Wanna trade??? :D

maybe, whatta got?

Titleist x86 stand bag. Its red and blue. I bought it new last July and its spotlessly clean. If you didnt know better, youd think it had never been used.

I've got a Red/Black Ping Hoofer and a Blue/Red Hogan Bag if either of you is interested

Lets take the deal making to the PMs if we could.

Back