Golf mentality; believing what we're told. And it's effect on our game.

60* wedges make things easier

shorter drivers always improve accuracy

lighter=faster=farther

The only thing there that is true for me is shorter drivers improve accuracy. you are spot on about 60* wedges, most people can not hit them consistently well. The lighter etc never worked for me as I like to feel the head throughout the swing and while I tried the lighter drivers they were no feel, not so fast and certainly now further.

I think that every piece of advice ever given works for some but not for all. Everyone is different and learns and swings different as well.

60* wedges make things easier

shorter drivers always improve accuracy

lighter=faster=farther

1- True its hard to hit a 60* for most people
2- Most of the time they do
3- Most of the time that is true

Reread what I said. People think shorter drivers improve accuracy for everyone, when really, its all about fitting.
The only thing there that is true for me is shorter drivers improve accuracy. you are spot on about 60* wedges, most people can not hit them consistently well. The lighter etc never worked for me as I like to feel the head throughout the swing and while I tried the lighter drivers they were no feel, not so fast and certainly now further.

I think that every piece of advice ever given works for some but not for all. Everyone is different and learns and swings different as well.

Reread what I said. People think shorter drivers improve accuracy for everyone, when really, its all about fitting.

True. I got fit for 43.5" in my R11 with Blueboard which gave me outstanding distance and dispersion numbers while anything above 44" started losing distance due to an increase in lateral movement of the ball. However, with my D2 I was fit into a Project X shaft that plays to 44.5" and I see the best numbers there. With the t***y driver 43.5" actually was causing distance loss.

While this may seem silly to some, we are all different.

I saw this thread the day it was put up and decided not to read it.

I came across it again this morning and opened it up and read the first post.

My decision not to read this thread was confirmed by the time I finished reading that post so I skipped to the REPLY TO THREAD.

Why ?

Sorta for the very reason that the post eludes to, and that I feel I'm somewhat susceptible to take ownership of what someone may say about what Can Not be done with a swing/club.

Now I know how silly that may seem, but we are all different and I try to recognize some of my many weaknesses. To avoid picking up some BAD habits, or worse BAD THOUGHTS I decided not to read this.

I'd MUCH RATHER read a thread on just the OPPOSITE of this one.

What are some of the things that we've been told all our lives that YOU CAN DO, but never take ownership of them or put the BELIEF IN OUR SELF that we are capable of such greatness!

:) That is all, carry on .....

Back