Morgan Cup Invades Myrtle Beach in 2012

For those of you that have played these courses, what are the toughest things about them? Greens, distance, forced carries, etc.

I dont remember buddy, It was about 4 years ago and I was a horrible golfer. It is tpically windy though, which doesnt help.

Stupid wind.

Are these course fairly flat?

Stupid wind.

Are these course fairly flat?

yes, for the most part. I would say it will remind you a lot of Florida golf

I hope to get down there this spring at some point. I will give you, and everyone else, a full report on it then.

Sweet. I'd love to see a hole by hole like JB posted from Reunion!

I just spent awhile again checking out True Blue. For a long course, the Par 3's are pretty reasonable. To my eyes, 3 and 4 look pretty intimidating. I could look at that stuff all day.

The courses look absolutely beautiful! Excited to see them in person in July!

It looks like they have tee boxes all over the place from the pics, which will make for some differnet looks. Some very interestingly laid-out holes as well. I'm freaking stoked. I don't think I can say it enough.

It looks like they have tee boxes all over the place from the pics, which will make for some differnet looks. Some very interestingly laid-out holes as well. I'm freaking stoked. I don't think I can say it enough.

I could barely tell that you were even looking forward to this LOL

These courses do look fantastic! I am really hoping that I get the chance to play them someday. Good luck to everyone who is entering the amazing event!

Here is a good video if anyone is interested:

Hole number 1 at True Blue with the steps leading down to the bunker is just amazing looking. I do not want to be in that bunker!!

Thanks cookie! Just gorgeous!

Thanks Cookie!

That was a nice watch! Makes me want to play there even more! KellyBo did you see that it says it is rated #1 Courses for Women! You better be submitting your videos!

wow that was an old video but it still shows the beauty and teeth of the courses.

For those lucky enough to make the event, check out these videos.

How to play hole 6 at Caledonia:

How to play hole 7 at Caledonia:

I recommend a long iron off #7. the canopy he just hit out of is a little more grown in. 200 yard off the tee will leave you 150 - 199 into the green depending on what tees you play. The right side comes into a play rapidly with a slice

#7 looked real narrow off the tee. Are those trees as in play as they look in the video? Looks like you only have a few yard window to hit through?

Looks stunning! Good luck to those who get in! I'll be right there with you guys in a couple years!

What beautiful tracks. Plenty of places to get in trouble. Seems like a perfect host for MC 2.0.

I hope to get down there this spring at some point. I will give you, and everyone else, a full report on it then.

if you do, let me know, if you have room for another player ..... it's only just over 3 hours from my place to get over there ..... I'm just sayin' :)

you need some ANTIMATED SMILEYS to show your EXCITEMENT !!! :joy: :blob: :joy:

:laughing:

Still looking at these courses on a daily basis. Soooo nice. Even if I don't make the MC 2.0, I'm glad I've been enlightened to these awesome courses in case I'm ever down that way. True Blue and Caledonia are some of the best looking courses I've ever seen.

After a couple PMs asking me what I'm going to do and some urging from friends, I have had to sit down and decide it's not in the cards for me next year. The outing is something I really want to do because I'll get to meet more people (presumably) and play with all the demo stuff. My family is also already planning their weekend while I'm on the course(s).
We have decided we're going to try and sell this house and move into something roomier in a more 'established' (less screaming kids) neighborhood. Therefore, we'll need to hang on to that money that would be spent on MC 2.0. It sucks, but as mentioned, I'll meet a ton of cool people at the outing and spend, likely, far less while trying to move, if we haven't already at that point.

Color me disappointed. Count me in for 3.0

Back