VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
I just started eating it about 2 years ago. I flat love seafood and while I was in Myrtle a couple of years ago I decided to try it at a bar called Filets. Whoa was it good, There is another place in Myrtle called the Flying Fish and had their specialty roll, I can't remember the name but it had eel,tuna,shrimp or crab,salmon,cream cheese and avacado with the wrap and rice. It was money and now I am craving it. Whats your favorite roll and where did you get it from?

I also enjoy some sushi, just ask some THP'ers. I love lots of different rolls but I love baked rolls.

I also enjoy some sushi, just ask some THP'ers. I love lots of different rolls but I love baked rolls.

Never had baked, but I am jonesing for some now.

I can't remember the place in Portland, OR (it's downtown and has a train that goes around the Sushi bar where you pick what you want, color of the plate=cost, take your stack of plates up to the cashier, and it was very reasonable) but most anything with Tuna or Salmon is good.

I love sushi! My favorite is from a local restaurant. It's called the Emerald Island Roll: Stuffed with spicy crab meat, yellowtail, and shirmp. Topped with scallions, eel sauce, spicy mayo, and a slice of Jalapeno pepper! The bets part of all is it's deep fried! I'm hungry now!

I had some phenomenal sushi last night at a small chain here in Los Angeles called sugarFISH. For the price, I defy you to find sushi of that quality anywhere.

One of my favorite things to eat. Big fan of sashimi. Some of my favorites are red snapper, cobia and yellow tail.

Saw a report last year where Japan had some places serving chicken sashimi. Not sure I could do that one.

I absolutely love sushi!!! My fav is spicy tuna but honestly Im yet to try a sushi roll that I didnt like. Even if its an eel, squid or octopus roll its still pretty darned good.
Theres a place here in Madison called, "Sushi Muramoto" that we go to most of the time and its a little pricey but Madison standards (about $70 for 2 people) but its definetly the best quality sushi in the area.

I am actually eating sushi right now!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I hear Hanks likes wasabi with his sushi.

Guess I'm just a redneck from Texas, but I agree with the old Terry Bradshaw commercial "where I'm from we call that bait!"

Mouth wash wont fix that!

Guess I'm just a redneck from Texas, but I agree with the old Terry Bradshaw commercial "where I'm from we call that bait!"

Just throwing out here that it's not the fish/seafood that makes sushi, sushi.

I'm a big fan. The place we usually go to always sends us out something early so we have a chance to try something new and if we like it we get it next time.

Just throwing out here that it's not the fish/seafood that makes sushi, sushi.

See, told you I was a redneck! LOL, so what makes it sushi then?

Vinagered rice. If it doesn't have that, it ain't sushi no matter what else is in it!

Spicy Tuna Rolls FTW!

Fresh Yellow Fin Sashimi just off the boat.

Vinagered rice. If it doesn't have that, it ain't sushi no matter what else is in it!
Exactly. Ive had many sushi rolls that didnt have any fish in them. IMO, thats a major misconception that a lot of people have with sushi. Its not all raw fish.

I do love me some good sushi!!! Best I've had was living in Asia and traveling throughout Japan... but in the US, Seattle has some good spots.

My problem with sushi is I can eat about $200 worth of it. I love it.

Kevin

Sushi is not on my regular menu. But I did eat some down in Orlando the week of The Morgan Cup. I don't know what the heck it all was, but it was absolutely delicious. There even was one with some steak on the top and creme cheese in it. YUM.

I get a dish at my local spot, Toro mixed with avocado, red onion and spicy mayo on a bed of seaweed. This and a bubba roll and we are cooking with fire.

I do love me some good sushi!!! Best I've had was living in Asia and traveling throughout Japan... but in the US, Seattle has some good spots.

Seattle has sushi that rivals the best in Japan. Been to Japan several times and lived in Seattle for 13 years.

I agree with Seattle have some of the best in the US. The Japanese culture is strong in that town. We have a spot in Orlando, Rengetsu that is very authentic. The owner lives in Japan and comes over every other month for quality control. He is also a poker player and pretty good golfer.

Back