What's on the menu for Thanksgiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This is my favorite time of the year. From today until after January 1st I am in the best mood. That being said I can't wait to get home for my mom's Thanksgiving dinner. We have a spread that includes A fried turkey, turducken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beens, Mac n cheese (homemade), cranberry sauce and yeast rolls. All washed down with generous glasses of various wines.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Sounds delicious man. I still have no idea what we are making for thanksgiving but so glad I wont have to cook too much since my mom is here too lol.

Have a great Thanksgiving THP!

not sure, guessing Turkey lol, going to 4-5 different houses from Thurs-Sunday, so im guessing I will see my fair share of just about anything and everything

This is my favorite time of year too. I can't wait to put up our tree on Friday!! Normally I make a huge Thanksgiving feast but this year we are going to a restaurant which is very strange to me, but more of a tradition for JB's family so I am embracing it with open arms and a hungry belly. :smile:

Not sure, we're not cooking.

We are bringing with us the Pearl Onions (for carmelized onions), the ingredients for the green bean casserole, and the ingredients for the pumpkin bars.

I'm not sure what we'll be having, but hopefully there is lots of turkey and casseroles with cheese as the main ingredient haha.

Erica bought fresh cranberries last night not really knowing what to do with them so I made a fresh cranberry/pecan sauce to throw on the table.

You too Tadashi! We're going to fry up the Turkey this year outside on the grill. I love Thanksgiving, but I'm really getting to get tired of the snow and cold that follows! :bulgy-eyes:

Not sure really. Typically we have the traditional Thanksgiving meal like you descibed Tad, but my mother in-law is talking aboout maybe doing an all Filipino food meal, which would be awesome too.

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Yams
Corn
Gravy
Open-faced apple tart

Yum.

Normally I am home in NY for the holiday but it did not work out this year. Not doing much of anything, maybe I'll make a turkey sandwich on Thursday while watching football.

Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and beer. Finish it off with some Brandy.

Last edited:
Normally I am home in NY for the holiday but it did not work out this year. Not doing much of anything, maybe I'll make a turkey sandwich on Thursday while watching football.

Dude, I'm sending you a plate of my mother's goodness for you to nosh on!

Yesterday rubbed down 2 turkeys with my secret spice blend. Will let that soak in, re-coating it every day till Wed. Evening. Thursday Morning I will fry them both and also bake a pie with fresh cranberries and apples. Then we pack it up and head to my sis in laws

Deep fried turkey, mostly, then the usual stuff; hot rolls from scratch with lots of butter, mashed taters, corn, green beans n bacon, pumpkin pie, and best of all Pecan pie. After trying deep fried turkey I don't intend to roast one ever again.

Deep fried turkey, mostly, then the usual stuff; hot rolls from scratch with lots of butter, mashed taters, corn, green beans n bacon, pumpkin pie, and best of all Pecan pie. After trying deep fried turkey I don't intend to roast one ever again.

No doubt. Deep Fried is the only way to go. I use a rub on them before frying and they come out fantastic

Deep fried turkey for the early dinner at my pops house with all the fix'ns. Oven roasted turkey and ham with all the fix'ns that evening at my moms house. Friday I buy the Cleveland black, play golf with my bro in law and eat with them, nothing beats moms cooking ( sorry other family). I am going to be in a food coma for a week than do the same thing again for Xmas.

Heck yeah Tadashi. Holiday season is the best even if the weather slows my golf down to a trickle.

Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green bean casserole, fresh rolls, honey butter, dressing.....it'll all be there this Thursday even though I will be at work! It's all good. Thanksgiving dinner always leaves the best leftovers.

That sounds fantastic Tadashi, we are just having 4 of us for Thanksgiving so we are not going the traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner route this year, we are going to have barbque and brunswick stew. It will be great and then we will do the fried turkey and dressing dinner on Christmas with more family and friends here.

What's up with all the food threads? Freddie must be watching Top Chef or something.

We have 3 Thanksgiving's (the joys of divorced parents). At Erin's Mom's (Wed. night) she always does the same things:

Ham
24 hour salad
Fried corn
Sweet Potato casserole (my favorite)
Asparagus

Then Thursday we travel to Tennessee to Erin's dads:

Deep fried Turkey
Deep fried London Broil
Smoked venison tenderloin
Creamed Corn
Green beans
Mashed potato's
Okra
Slice tomato's

Then on Saturday we do our own thing:

Eat leftovers!

Yeah you got me, I'm watching top chef and food network live. Plus I love me done food at this time of year

I am going home for the holiday and may hit up 2 thanksgivings. Each packed full of awesomeness so its a win win. Oh yeah get to visit with everyone too. And.....hit up my dads little restaurant for a few of my favorites.

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

Due to most of our family living in different locations throughout the state, we are meeting and having Thanksgiving out this year in the middle. Going to Cat Cora's restaurant and they put on a Thanksgiving feast.

I love some turkey day! Great food and football.

We do it in a multi-day process. We will have my family at my house on Wednesday night for Turkey, stuffing, corn pudding, deviled eggs, mac and cheese, green beans, strawberry pretzel casserole. I have a new Spice-Rubbed Turkey with Garlic-Pear Puree recipe I am going to try this year. I can't wait!

On Thursday we will head to Boone for the weekend. We spend the rest of the weekend will spend with the wifes family. I am not sure what it on the menus, but I am sure they will be great. We have a sweet cabin rented for the weekend that has a fire pit and a hot tub. I just picked up some sweet stogies for the weekend. I think I am going to bring out the good scotch for it too.

I love Thanksgiving!

Staying in town this year. Rather than going to Tucson. I'm hoping whatever it is that's on the menu is tortilla friendly. I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back